New home shirt unveiled | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New home shirt unveiled

The new home shirt

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
Jan 5, 2020
Apologies if this has been discussed further back in the thread but my only real bugbear is that the shirt appears to have a sponsor on the back judging by the website images. I’m not keen on that personally. Hopefully fans don’t get sponsored shorts this year too. Otherwise the kit looks smart, especially considering how rotten some other Puma kits are for other clubs. We have been quite lucky with kits this past few years.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PM2020-":1th0j0fb said:
Apologies if this has been discussed further back in the thread but my only real bugbear is that the shirt appears to have a sponsor on the back judging by the website images. I’m not keen on that personally. Hopefully fans don’t get sponsored shorts this year too. Otherwise the kit looks smart, especially considering how rotten some other Puma kits are for other clubs. We have been quite lucky with kits this past few years.

No problem whatsoever with a back sponsor in principle, but one of the reasons I prefer wearing the retro ones is that the sponsors are woven into the fabric so you don't have those ironed on plastic bits sticking to your (in this weather) sweaty skin :lol: :sick:

Dec 3, 2005
In the main it is the players who wear the shirt that is important.

I don't like the dark green, so voted against it, after all the shirt and colour come as a package.

Would you buy a ANY shirt if you didn't like the colour, I doubt it

I usually buy the away shirts anyhow.

:scarf:

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
pastiesforlife":13j6bwqo said:
Emeraldinho":13j6bwqo said:
The new shirt is featured on http://www.footballshirtculture.com - unfortunately, it’s outshone by the three new green kits below it from various makers. Puma stuff is just so boring now. :thumbdown:

Don’t like the turgid green and won’t buy a home shirt until it is changed back to a lighter shade. It’s always annoying when so many clubs like Leeds, Birmingham etc seem to have better away shirts in green when it should be unique to Argyle. It seems like Argyle / Mr Hallett rather ignore the feedback from many supporters and forego sales.

What is the female model in the picture of the Odense third shirt doing?

:shock: In answer to your last question, shes’s being very ‘bold’ :lol:

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
djg145":2coocazt said:
In the main it is the players who wear the shirt that is important.

I don't like the dark green, so voted against it, after all the shirt and colour come as a package.

Would you buy a ANY shirt if you didn't like the colour, I doubt it

I usually buy the away shirts anyhow.

:scarf:
Yes... hate red but still Brought an England 66 shirt!

The new Argyle shirt has just arrived and it doesn't disapoint.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Earlier in this thread I said I didn’t like it but I’m trying to support the club so bought one anyway to wear to the gym and running. Actually pleasantly surprised. It looks v smart when it’s on. Can’t complain. Thumbs up after a thumbs down.

Jan 5, 2020
Biggs":ds9djd4v said:
PM2020-":ds9djd4v said:

No problem whatsoever with a back sponsor in principle, but one of the reasons I prefer wearing the retro ones is that the sponsors are woven into the fabric so you don't have those ironed on plastic bits sticking to your (in this weather) sweaty skin :lol: :sick:

Very true. At least woven ones don’t peel off in the wash either.

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Kentishgreen":3liqa60d said:
Way too dark
I agree Kentishgreen there are many shades of green it could have been. I’ve seen many teams playing in a far more better shade of green than our green! They look more like the referees kit it’s far to dark.

May 22, 2006
Pift":35awd1tu said:
greybeard-kernow":35awd1tu said:
anybody seen walsall new kits they seem to be liking green, even some green in the home strip :crazy: and proper green i might add...https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... 22-season/

That 3rd kit idea is a nice touch. Not only that but people will buy it cus it has their name on it. Good marketing and a nice gesture. Would love to see similar from us.

Cheltenham and Lincoln also have supporters names on their third shirt. Errea supply shirts for all three clubs.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lobster":1idwm2ap said:
Also, apologies if I missed it, but where has it been said that this kit emulates one from the 80s? Agreed there are similarities but I'm not aware that it's supposed to be a direct tribute.

Only just spotted this line...

'The new design, modelled by the Pilgrim quartet of Panutche Camara, George Cooper, Ryan Hardie and Niall Ennis, sees Argyle pay homage to the iconic black pin stripe shirt of the mid-80s, with a modern twist.'

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/21 ... -revealed/

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":2gubvp54 said:
Lobster":2gubvp54 said:
Also, apologies if I missed it, but where has it been said that this kit emulates one from the 80s? Agreed there are similarities but I'm not aware that it's supposed to be a direct tribute.

Only just spotted this line...

'The new design, modelled by the Pilgrim quartet of Panutche Camara, George Cooper, Ryan Hardie and Niall Ennis, sees Argyle pay homage to the iconic black pin stripe shirt of the mid-80s, with a modern twist.'

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/21 ... -revealed/
As repeated, with photos, by the Argyle Archive last week. ;-)

https://twitter.com/ArgyleArchive/statu ... 1664340999