New home shirt unveiled | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New home shirt unveiled

The new home shirt

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
Aug 5, 2016
djg145":otcs5cx3 said:
Why do they persist in this Dark Green?

Why not?

It is the same green as 20+ years ago.

I don't remember it being this much of an issue in the previous 19 seasons.

Dec 3, 2005
Knibbsworth":rgztb5q0 said:
djg145":rgztb5q0 said:
Why do they persist in this Dark Green?

Why not?

Really, well i think there is a split of opinion, regarding this shade of green. Imho it is to dark and especially evening games our players do not stand out. The shades of green that are found all over PASOTI should be considered.

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
There can really never be any outright winners in this dark green light green debate. As the fanbase appears to be 50/50 on it.
As for 'proper green' that clearly depends on your age. Can we agree to not use that expression in future?

But for next season at least the dark greens are the satisfied (smug maybe) winners.

The next dabate is going to be on the second (away) kit.

I assume it has already been designed and signed out by the relevant Puma officals. But it is clearly going to have to be a radical contrast to the home kit of dark green and black.

white ? bright green ? emerald green ? peppermint green? two shades of green ? purple ?
But at least we can rule out all black or red and white stripes (at least I hope so).

My preference would be for an all white with green and black trim. Feel free to disagree.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Knibbsworth":3a8g5j3u said:

The fact we’ve had the same green for 20 years makes it ever more notable each year that goes by.

We change the shirt every season, so why... considering loads of people don’t like it, and won’t buy it... do we have to have the exact same shade every time?

For all I know, it could be an agreement with Puma that we get money off if we can guarantee the shade five years at a time. But if it’s a self-imposed rule that a shirt we wear for 12 months absolutely HAS to match the EXACT shade of green used for club and stadium branding... then it’s misguided.

The world will not stop spinning with a greener home shirt, and fans under 30 won’t turn up wondering who that team in a slightly brighter shade are.

(Christ I’m boring :lol:)

Nov 20, 2011
In my view , Biggs is spot on and I whole-heartedly support what he says . Changing to a traditional green , if only for one season , should not present any 'branding' problems and would go a long way in satisfying those off us who have been supporting Argyle for years (in my case since 1955) and were around long before Peter Jones's corporate 'innovations' In fact I would like Simon H to come out and explain the Board's continued seeming intransigence on the issue .

Dec 3, 2005
Richard Lester":1cggys03 said:
In my view , Biggs is spot on and I whole-heartedly support what he says . Changing to a traditional green , if only for one season , should not present any 'branding' problems and would go a long way in satisfying those off us who have been supporting Argyle for years (in my case since 1955) and were around long before Peter Jones's corporate 'innovations' In fact I would like Simon H to come out and explain the Board's continued seeming intransigence on the issue .

:clap: :scarf:

The green scarf in the smilie says it all - light green

I usually buy the AWAY shirt - it usually is much better then the drab home shirt.

Jun 27, 2019
sverigegreen":zpynxv4z said:
There can really never be any outright winners in this dark green light green debate. As the fanbase appears to be 50/50 on it.

Not according to the poll on this thread.

Soccer AM - back when people used to watch it - used to do a list of banned subjects guests weren't allowed to talk about because they were so dull. If Pasoti did similar then the shade of green we wear would be No.1 on the list, closely followed by Danny Mayor's lack of end product.

Write to the club or start a petition. Otherwise give it a rest until next summer for the love of God!

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Biggs":oh4fbaz3 said:
We change the shirt every season, so why... considering loads of people don’t like it, and won’t buy it... do we have to have the exact same shade every time?

According to the poll, 55% do like it, and only 28% don't. So to say "loads of people don't like it" isn't really true. It seems like it will be a popular shirt which, really, is the whole point.

I personally don't like it, but I'm not going to cry about it. I've bought a few shirts in the last few years, and the away one might be more to my taste if I feel the need to get another one.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I meant the shade of green, not the shirt itself. Perhaps not very clearly put. But the poll on this thread is about the shirt, not the shade of green.

I actually like this shirt, but the design it's emulating was emerald green, and the black pinstripes work better with lighter green.

So if you're emulating a classic shirt, why not take the same green too? I believe that poll figure would be a hell of a lot higher than 55% if they had.

Feb 7, 2017
Has nobody ever considered the issue to be a bit like brexit?
People who’re supporting the current shade of green are quite happy to sit back watching a bunch of miserable old men throw a wobbler, over how green, a green shirt is.

It wouldn’t be until enough noise, makes the club take notice, and announce a referendum.
At which point, those happy, quiet people who’ve been buying shirts in large quantities for many seasons, will feel the green-ness of their shirts is under threat. And will start to make themselves look foolish, over something they couldn’t be bothered to speak up about for many years.

Jan 12, 2020
Biggs":1ao5kkqd said:
I meant the shade of green, not the shirt itself. Perhaps not very clearly put. But the poll on this thread is about the shirt, not the shade of green.

I actually like this shirt, but the design it's emulating was emerald green, and the black pinstripes work better with lighter green.

So if you're emulating a classic shirt, why not take the same green too? I believe that poll figure would be a hell of a lot higher than 55% if they had.

:funny: Really?!?
The ‘shirt’ comprises everything, design, material AND colour! Stop trying to twist the results because you’re in a tizzy about the flaming shade of green.
I know we now shamefully live in the world of alternative facts but at least have the decency to admit you’re in the minority on this.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Drake":2g8qdktc said:
Biggs":2g8qdktc said:

The ‘shirt’ comprises everything, design, material AND colour! Stop trying to twist the results because you’re in a tizzy about the flaming shade of green.
I know we now shamefully live in the world of alternative facts but at least have the decency to admit you’re in the minority on this.

I'm with Biggs. The design of the shirt is OK but I don't like the dark green colour and haven't for a while.
Because it's a diverse forum fans will have different opinions.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Drake":hi4x96qc said:

Don't really get the point you're making.

There is this shirt thread with a poll, and a shade of green thread with a poll. The shade of green poll shows us that (on an admittedly small Pasoti sample size not representative of the wider fanbase) people want a brighter green.

I like this shirt, but I wish the green used was brighter like the 1984 shirt it's based on. Which is a perfectly valid position, and I suspect the 55% approval rating would be much higher with the original green.