New home shirt unveiled | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New home shirt unveiled

The new home shirt

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
Dec 30, 2020
WoodsyGreen":wwbryg8z said:
sverigegreen":wwbryg8z said:
There can really never be any outright winners in this dark green light green debate. As the fanbase appears to be 50/50 on it.

Not according to the poll on this thread.

Soccer AM - back when people used to watch it - used to do a list of banned subjects guests weren't allowed to talk about because they were so dull. If Pasoti did similar then the shade of green we wear would be No.1 on the list, closely followed by Danny Mayor's lack of end product.

Write to the club or start a petition. Otherwise give it a rest until next summer for the love of God!

Firstly and most obviously, if you think it's a dull subject, constantly posting on the thread and bringing it to people's attention at the top of the website is a really bad tactic compared to just doing something else with your life.

Secondly, it's mildly amusing/ironic that people are so desperate to police this topic of conversation (at a time when there's virtually no other Argyle related news to dissect!) given that it's one of the few things discussed on here where forum members views are relevant and informative.

Unlike the threads on on Ryan Lowe's tactics or Neil Dewsnip's transfer targets that comprise 99% of pasoti content (a fun diversion that I enjoy as much as anyone), fans opinions on Argyle's identity and whether we play in a visibly green kit or a mud-coloured one actually matter. The poll on which shade of green people like best is essentially free market research for Argyle.

Far from 'giving it a rest' to appease one or two censurious individuals who have decided that because they don't have strong opinions on the topic, no-one else should either, we should be trying to involve as many people in this discussion as possible.

Oct 31, 2015
Bought the STs today so popped into the shop. Have to say the new home shirt looks really good in the flesh. Very good. The Green is spot on

Mind you with pin stripes that's our season over tbh :funny:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
rsp4":1auyutxy said:
Bought the STs today so popped into the shop. Have to say the new home shirt looks really good in the flesh. Very good. The Green is spot on

"The Green is spot on"

Sorry but you have to elaborate on that!! ;)

Spot on as far as Greens that are actually the colour of mud dredged from The Tamar?
Spot on for a small/large/vast majority/boring clique who keep banging on/ small minority of fans (delete as necessary)? :think:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Biggs":1ihft9u5 said:
I meant the shade of green, not the shirt itself. Perhaps not very clearly put. But the poll on this thread is about the shirt, not the shade of green.

I actually like this shirt, but the design it's emulating was emerald green, and the black pinstripes work better with lighter green.

So if you're emulating a classic shirt, why not take the same green too? I believe that poll figure would be a hell of a lot higher than 55% if they had.

Fair enough. Apologies if I misread your earlier post.

But extending that logic... 55% like the shirt, which implies that they also like the colour (otherwise, like you, they would be put off by it). There are likely to be some people that don't like the design/are undecided, but think the colour is fine, of which I am one. So you could say that more than 55% like the colour. Although you can prove anything with stats...

Also, apologies if I missed it, but where has it been said that this kit emulates one from the 80s? Agreed there are similarities but I'm not aware that it's supposed to be a direct tribute.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I either voted that I liked it or undecided, can't remember now. So I could be one of the 55%.

Like I say, it's perfectly possible to like the shirt DESPITE the colour. I like it because it looks like the 1984 shirt (it surely has to be based on that, or at least a nod) plus I just like a simplish design, the Ginsters sponsor looks good etc etc.

I think we're very lucky if you look around at other club's shirts, especially with that Ginsters logo. I just think it would look brilliant to be proudly and boldly green. At least try it after 20 years of the same shade, surely :thumbup:

Jul 14, 2008
Lobster":2zo6i7qg said:
Biggs":2zo6i7qg said:
I meant the shade of green, not the shirt itself. Perhaps not very clearly put. But the poll on this thread is about the shirt, not the shade of green.

I actually like this shirt, but the design it's emulating was emerald green, and the black pinstripes work better with lighter green.

So if you're emulating a classic shirt, why not take the same green too? I believe that poll figure would be a hell of a lot higher than 55% if they had.

But extending that logic... 55% like the shirt, which implies that they also like the colour (otherwise, like you, they would be put off by it). There are likely to be some people that don't like the design/are undecided, but think the colour is fine, of which I am one. So you could say that more than 55% like the colour. Although you can prove anything with stats...

Also, apologies if I missed it, but where has it been said that this kit emulates one from the 80s? Agreed there are similarities but I'm not aware that it's supposed to be a direct tribute.
55% may like the shirt, but how many of them would prefer a lighter shade of green?

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
I like it but I'm a bit peeved that there appears to be no options for a child's kit in my son's age bracket. Does anyone know if past kits have been available for kids aged between 18 months and 2 years? He's a bit on the small side anyway, so he'd probably get away with 12-18 months for a couple of months but he doesn't turn 2 til next Jan so the 2-3 years one will probably be pretty big until 22-23.

Jun 27, 2019
rsp4":2je0rrdb said:

Yes, it definitely looks even nicer in the 'flesh'. Lighter than it looks in the promotional material, so any dark green naysayers should probably have a proper look before making their minds up.

Oct 31, 2015
Pogleswoody":1pnxbf7l said:
rsp4":1pnxbf7l said:

Mind you with pin stripes that's our season over tbh :

"The Green is spot on"

Sorry but you have to elaborate on that!!

Spot on as far as Greens that are actually the colour of mud dredged from The Tamar?
Spot on for a small/large/vast majority/boring clique who keep banging on/ small minority of fans (delete as necessary)? :

:funny:

Spot on for my preference and taste. The colour is the least of my worries tbh. The 11 on the pitch and supporting squad is more important. Let's hope that's a step up on last season :lol: :scarf:

Jul 6, 2005
Lobster":1fiofs43 said:
... where has it been said that this kit emulates one from the 80s? Agreed there are similarities but I'm not aware that it's supposed to be a direct tribute.
I think the Villa Park Semi-final season shirt, sponsored by Beacon Electrical and supplied by Pilgrim Sports, also had a black pinstripe.

We nearly got relegated that season.

Jan 12, 2020
Herts_Green":35sua47g said:
Lobster":35sua47g said:
Biggs":35sua47g said:

55% may like the shirt, but how many of them would prefer a lighter shade of green?

Who knows, but it’s irrelevant as clearly the 55% (the majority) like the offering as it is, otherwise they wouldn’t have voted for the ‘I like it’ option would they? :facepalm:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Drake":2rqaoo5s said:
Who knows, but it’s irrelevant as clearly the 55% (the majority) like the offering as it is, otherwise they wouldn’t have voted for the ‘I like it’ option would they? :facepalm:

Why do you think the two positions are mutually exclusive?

You can like the shirt (as I do) but wish it was in lighter green, and think it's a nice shirt despite the shade of green.

Aug 5, 2016
Herts_Green":uuulme0u said:

And how many would prefer a darker shade than the various lighter shades that various different posters want?

Who is to say you all agree on what that lighter shade ought to be?

Oct 15, 2017
PL2 3DQ":2v8mmeph said:
Pin stripes are back!

Twitter video.

On sale on Monday at 9am.

Way, way, way too dark for my liking, the black shorts don't help. White pinstripes would have been better.

Agree on both counts, not enough white. I still prefer the 50s Hibernian style strip light green shirt with white sleeves white shorts and green socks with white tops.

Oct 15, 2017
Biggs":2fgspebq said:
Drake":2fgspebq said:
:funny: Really?!?
The ‘shirt’ comprises everything, design, material AND colour! Stop trying to twist the results because you’re in a tizzy about the flaming shade of green.
I know we now shamefully live in the world of alternative facts but at least have the decency to admit you’re in the minority on this.

Don't really get the point you're making.

There is this shirt thread with a poll, and a shade of green thread with a poll. The shade of green poll shows us that (on an admittedly small Pasoti sample size not representative of the wider fanbase) people want a brighter green.

I like this shirt, but I wish the green used was brighter like the 1984 shirt it's based on. Which is a perfectly valid position, and I suspect the 55% approval rating would be much higher with the original green.

Agree with biggs, after all, it's only a small PASOTI poll 8,000 other fans might vote differently.