New home shirt unveiled | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New home shirt unveiled

The new home shirt

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":29wmfui2 said:
Is it any darker than it has been for the last 5 years?
Haven't liked the dark green since it was introduced so the number of years is irrelevant.

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Not hideous- but certainly does not have the wow factor

The dark green certainly overpowers the rather slender pinstripes & the shoulder pieces remind me of a patchwork quilt that has been sewed onto a shirt that has already been created - it looks a miss mash of a design

Everybody has different tastes but this shirt is not my cup of tea

Hopefully i will be wowed by the away or third shirt

The saying less is more is certainly apt with this new home shirt

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
oldage":c23wx2rc said:
Knibbsworth":c23wx2rc said:
Is it any darker than it has been for the last 5 years?
Haven't liked the dark green since it was introduced so the number of years is irrelevant.

Agreed.

Jul 14, 2008
I wish we could use Hummel instead of Puma, I love their kits generally. The only saving grace this year is that we havenā€™t gone for the Puma template with the tyre marks on like Peterborough have - truly awful.

P

PAFC Galactico

I see on the website you can choose Mayor 10 and Grant 15 on the back of the shirt, do they know something we donā€™t?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The shirt design is nice, and itā€™s obviously going for the 1984 FA Cup semi design.

But... you know what Iā€™m going to say, donā€™t you?

Why not go for the same colour as the 1984 shirt as well??? Even as a season one-off. There is clearly a self-imposed rule that we absolutely have to stick to the RAL6009 green or whatever it is, come hell or high water.

WHY? :lol: :facepalm:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Looks much brighter here, but thatā€™ll be the light of the shop. At least that brightness may be replicated at HP with the new lights.

E2s4U2UWQAIWEcm

https://mobile.twitter.com/Only1Argyle/ ... 55/photo/4

Adam

Pasoti Designer
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 5, 2010
Just collected the new home shirt from the Shop.

Itā€™s a lot better in person. I think the publicity photos theyā€™ve used make it seem darker.

May 22, 2006
Emeraldinho":3rjmpd9f said:
The new shirt is featured on http://www.footballshirtculture.com - unfortunately, itā€™s outshone by the three new green kits below it from various makers. Puma stuff is just so boring now. :thumbdown:

Donā€™t like the turgid green and wonā€™t buy a home shirt until it is changed back to a lighter shade. Itā€™s always annoying when so many clubs like Leeds, Birmingham etc seem to have better away shirts in green when it should be unique to Argyle. It seems like Argyle / Mr Hallett rather ignore the feedback from many supporters and forego sales.

What is the female model in the picture of the Odense third shirt doing?

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
Lovely kit, imo. Didn't like the style of last season's, with the collar type in particular. But this one looks a lot smarter. We've been dark green a long time now ā€“ not going to change any time soon!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
OwenJones":3a9i8es1 said:
We've been dark green a long time now ā€“ not going to change any time soon!

Thatā€™s exactly why it should change. Itā€™s been 20 years now. Even if you love the current colour, it has to be time to change it up.

Itā€™s absolutely bizarre to resign ourselves to having dark dark green forever and always, when itā€™s 100% within our (the clubā€™s) control to have whatever shade of green they want.

Jun 27, 2019
And the shade of green they want is obviously this one. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bizarre.

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
Biggs":25d81akc said:
OwenJones":25d81akc said:
We've been dark green a long time now ā€“ not going to change any time soon!

Thatā€™s exactly why it should change. Itā€™s been 20 years now. Even if you love the current colour, it has to be time to change it up.

Itā€™s absolutely bizarre to resign ourselves to having dark dark green forever and always, when itā€™s 100% within our (the clubā€™s) control to have whatever shade of green they want.

It's a branding thing though. It'd have to be a strategic decision for the club to change it rather than an ad-hoc management decision.

The only reasons to change that I can see are to appease fans who supported the club for many years before the change of colour and have never really accepted the change or, at a push, to create a more vibrant/visible shade on the pitch. Wimbledon changed to dark blue in the mid 90s to seem more aggressive and intimidating ā€“ it could be a reason to stick with the dark green now. Not that I'd mind a brighter green, personally, on face value!

Jan 12, 2020
WoodsyGreen":2lzo6ep6 said:
And the shade of green they want is obviously this one. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bizarre.

Precisely!

It really gets my goat the constantly bellyaching about the colour of the bleedy shirt. Itā€™s a football shirt. Itā€™s green. It clearly sells well or there would be changes made.

I would argue the vocal on here are in the minority amongst the wider fan base. Also the talk on here suggesting we should have a lighter/brighter green as the away shirt, do you suffer from amnesia? I definitely recall two recent away kits that could be argued were a pretty vibrant green (in addition to the green and white quartered kit).