New owners | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New owners

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
No matter who is on the board i just hope it will be over soon, and we can get back to making sure the club can have a half decent squad for next season no matter what division we are in!!

Mar 5, 2011
BALDY-OG":2bgznjz4 said:
Kevin Ball":2bgznjz4 said:
Just to clarify - I have never sought a place on the Argyle Board at any time in the past and am not seeking to do so now. Hope that helps to narrow 'the field' down a bit.
What would your decision be if offered a place?

Politely decline and suggest a list of many other, far better suited candidates who really could make a big contribution to a new Argyle Board.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
tonycholwell":2r3m1lce said:
Argylegames":2r3m1lce said:
Another absent poster or two also involved from what I hear.

Names to do with both the old and the new trust have been mentioned. I expect resignations from the new trust soon.

LOL, Oh an outrageous suggestion surely, I mean, I did say that some months ago, more in jest than anything else.

This has Kagami Syndrome written all over it.

:)

Please be very careful about what you are implying. Trust ISC members have lives to lead and unfounded allegations which impact upon any aspect of these should simply not be made.

So, while antipathy to the Trust can be voiced in any reasonable way, personal allegations however couched really must be avoided - their withdrawal will be requested in the strongest possible manner. Your attention is drawn to the reference to libel at the top of this message board - see http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=46321

No member of the ISC (or myself as Secretary) has been approached by any bidder to take up any position within PAFC.

I trust that this is crystal clear.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Peter Ryan":1mrw9vtc said:
tonycholwell":1mrw9vtc said:
Argylegames":1mrw9vtc said:
Another absent poster or two also involved from what I hear.

Names to do with both the old and the new trust have been mentioned. I expect resignations from the new trust soon.

LOL, Oh an outrageous suggestion surely, I mean, I did say that some months ago, more in jest than anything else.

This has Kagami Syndrome written all over it.

:)

Please be very careful about what you are implying. Trust ISC members have lives to lead and unfounded allegations which impact upon any aspect of these should simply not be made.

So, while antipathy to the Trust can be voiced in any reasonable way, personal allegations however couched really must be avoided - their withdrawal will be requested in the strongest possible manner. Your attention is drawn to the reference to libel at the top of this message board - see http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=46321

No member of the ISC (or myself as Secretary) has been approached by any bidder to take up any position within PAFC.

I trust that this is crystal clear.

:? :? :?

A

Anonymous

I'm completely lost from Kevin's post to Peter's. :?

Must still be jet lagged.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
IJN":2uvbwnu0 said:

There is a clear insinuation that one or more of the ISC has been or will be offered a post by a new owner at the club.

It may not be evident but such an unfounded allegation could impact very seriously on the work position of at least one ISC member. So, I am strongly requesting that this is not repeated.

Mar 5, 2011
Peter Ryan":3demk6rf said:
IJN":3demk6rf said:

There is a clear insinuation that one or more of the ISC has been or will be offered a post by a new owner at the club.

It may not be evident but such an unfounded allegation could impact very seriously on the work position of at least one ISC member. So, I am strongly requesting that this is not repeated.

Forgive me Peter but isn't that just what the Trust would actually like to achieve? A seat at the table, representing supporters at boardroom level? I'd love to see a Trust representative on the Argyle Board. He/she would need to be elected by the Trust membership perhaps on an annual basis but the 'post' could be an ongoing one. Have I missed something?

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Kevin Ball":3lprjyvz said:
Forgive me Peter but isn't that just what the Trust would actually like to achieve? A seat at the table, representing supporters at boardroom level? I'd love to see a Trust representative on the Argyle Board. He/she would need to be elected by the Trust membership perhaps on an annual basis but the 'post' could be an ongoing one. Have I missed something?

I agree with you Kevin, that's what I would like to see. But that needs to be decided by the members in a proper way. And there is a good case for not having a seat on the Board to avoid the Trust being co-opted by the other Board members. That needs to be argued about and decided upon democratically.

There is a world of a difference between that proper due process and the one implied of person/people resigning from the ISC to take up a seat in an informal, personal way - that would possibly mortally damage the Trust.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Peter Ryan":2aehh7xg said:
IJN":2aehh7xg said:

Peter, when I have an unfounded allegation rest assurred , you will be the first to know. I have no allegations although it is hard to see that such speculation as to who will or will not get a job where and in what situation would constitute defamation or harm someones reputation. It would also be difficult I can see to prove the act was driven by malice, Which is probably why Argylegames felt on solid ground having taken into account the pasoti warnings on Libel and individuals needs to be accountable. Ofcourse, he may feel differently.

I on the other hand have no such allegation and have clearly stated that.

Ofcourse, I have assummed, perhaps incorrectly, that you have made reference to me in the nested quote above. You see how easy it is to jump to conclusions? Still I am sure the Mods are appreciative of your assistance in moderating the board

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Tony- how was Weymouth, good I hope? You clearly said that you made such a comment in jest... so it is the other comment (nested with yours) that refers, as you indicate.

The Mods will not necessarily appreciate how damaging loose comments may be to people's livelihoods, which is why I am getting agitated on their behalf.

Surely it is not unreasonable to ask that unfounded allegations are not made. I don't intend to comment on this further as I've made my point.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Peter Ryan":2vwe5jtn said:
Tony- how was Weymouth, good I hope? You clearly said that you made such a comment in jest... so it is the other comment (nested with yours) that refers, as you indicate.

The Mods will not necessarily appreciate how damaging loose comments may be to people's livelihoods, which is why I am getting agitated on their behalf.

Surely it is not unreasonable to ask that unfounded allegations are not made. I don't intend to comment on this further as I've made my point.

Peter, the history of Pasoti and other messgaeboards is one of "unfounded allegations". However, that in itself does not constitute Libel although I accept, it can cause hurt.

I should also say I did A Level law in 1971, so accept things may have changed, although the lat major change was in 1964 when you had to show malice to prove your case if memory serves me correctly.

I guess on the wider point there is always a problem as a squatter organisation on someone elses Messageboard as you can not moderate as you may wish.

Weymouth was troubling, not least the new road in is very disorientating. Plymouth though would love the massive investment the town is getting for the Olympics. Oh what 2018 could have been.

Still, Id rather be at Argyle.

Oct 4, 2010
This is an online cross between Jim Hacker, and Malcolm Tucker. Fascinating reading though. Good luck everybody for a speedy and good quality conclusion.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Perhaps Mr Ryan could show us all where I made any comment about the ISC members?

Perhaps Mr Ryan only considers ISC members to be members of the trust?

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Argylegames":1ihgl3ue said:
Perhaps Mr Ryan could show us all where I made any comment about the ISC members?

Perhaps Mr Ryan only considers ISC members to be members of the trust?

Oh you sneeky devil you, I see what you've done there! :)

Surely the insinuation of resignation points to the ISC? or is there a requirement of members to resign in a situation like this?

Genuine question, not picking fault.