New owners | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New owners

A

Anonymous

Just got back from the very successful fundraising evening at Cafe Indiya and I am a bit surprised at what has been going on in this thread.

'Here Forever' asked a specific question, 'Are any of the ISC involved in or are Directors of property developers? Honest answer would be appreciated'.

Well here goes

I am Director of a 'not for profit' Community Interest Company that builds and provides affordable housing for people who can't afford to buy a home in Devon and Cornwall.

I am shareholder, not a Director, of a housebuilding company that also builds homes in Devon and Cornwall.

Please feel free to check it all out at Companies House. Hope that clears up the matter.

Here Forever":1s3kqbau said:
No Trust ISC online :( Maybe Peter Jones could answer the question,he is on line.
Peter? John Lloyd?Plympton Pilgrim? Why have they all stopped posting on here at the same time?
Just when we really needed some input on the activities occurring at Home Park they have disappeared.
Typical. :(

HF this has already been put to bed.

This thread seems to be about the assumption that Argylegames has made in his post rather than anything else.

G

Green Lanes

Thank you to "Florrie" for the explanation of why my post went missing.

I gave it the title "A can of worms" because that is what I was hoping wasn't going to happen.

I can't remember the full wording of the post now but it was along the lines that a colleague of mine passed on certain information regarding the meeting that was held at HP.

As the names that he mentioned are now public, I have no hesitation in stating that his information was that the Argyle Board under the ownership of Mr Brent would consist of Peter Ridsdale, Peter Jones, Kevin Ball, John Lloyd and Graham Clark. John Lloyd being there as the "Fan's Representative".

There have been denials from Kevin Ball, which I accept but nothing from either Peter Jones or John Lloyd and, apart from a Party Political Speech on behalf of the Trust Party, no denial from Graham Clark either (unless I have missed something).

I was also told that the Pyramid Suite was NOT going to be used for Fan Fests next season. I admit to putting 2 and 2 together and adding in the name Peter Jones, came up with 5. The reason that the fans will be put out to pasture next season is that Mr Jones obviously considers there will be far more money available from the "true" Corporate sector (and I don't mean the jollies organised by IJN and Ponty).

The other point was that there are certain posters who are usually very vociferous on certain matters are maintaining a blindingly conspicuous silence.

There was one other point that I made in my original post that I have since learned is incorrect and for that I apologise for any embarrassment that I may have caused to the individual concerned.

I have no axe to grind with anyone but I do feel that as we approach the beginning of the end of the Administration process, that there are those who would seek to get their feet well and truly under the top table.

And now I have a football match to get ready for.

A

Anonymous

I thought I better make things even clearer. I have absolutely no idea who is speculating on this basis - perhaps someone will have the good grace to tell me.

I am only Chair(man) of the Interim Steering Committee of the Argyle Fans' Trust until the elections are held (probably in the close season for the new Society Board). I only agreed to take on the role (which was at very short notice) up until the elections in any case. I had absolutely no idea what the demands of the role would be. Ineviatbly, with Argyle being in the media so many times for a whole host of reasons that we are all familiar the demands of the role far exceeded my expectations. Not least I had to deal with an organisation that was in danger of failing - hopefully that has been properly addressed now.

With regard to the forthcoming elections you have to be nominated (if I express the desire to stand) and the you have to be elected. A process overseen by the Electoral reform Society. If successfully, elected the Chair is decided by a vote of the elected Board. So there are three stages beyond my control.

Expressing a personal view only I am not in favour at this stage of a fan's representative (a Trust Board member perhaps) being on the main board. I think such representation has to be earned at the very least but also as other Trusts have found there is a danger of compromise through confidentilaity. However, I fully recognise the decision would be one for the Trust Board and members.

Just in case (and it has been mentioned before) that I would step down from the Trust and 'accept' some other Board position let me make it very clear I have absolutely no desire or intention to accept such a position. In the extremely unlikely event I would be even be considered my answer is a very simple - NO. I hope that is clear - just in case not I'll say it again - NO.

In case anyone is still in doubt about my integrity then can I refer you to my post last night on this same thread - about another falsehood safely dispelled.

Now having made the position absolutely clear will the person responsible for this nonsense stand up and repeat the 'allegation' or have the good grace to say sorry 'I was wrong'.

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
So that leaves Peter Jones, and as there are multiple threads regarding his involvement (which I and many others are in favour of) I guess questions have been answered and Derrick's post can be put to bed!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
All this is assuming that Brent will be the new owner.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Derrick Sanderson":3nl5gbh3 said:
the Argyle Board under the ownership of Mr Brent would consist of Peter Ridsdale, Peter Jones, Kevin Ball, John Lloyd and Graham Clark. John Lloyd being there as the "Fan's Representative".

Interesting.

My information didn't mention Mr Ball nor Mr Clark. It did mention one other long-term regular poster who is conspiculously absent.

I note that Mr Lloyd has denied involvement.

As I said last night - nowhere did I mention the ISC of The Trust nor it's secretary.

IJN":25tkusmh said:
Or 'accidently deleted' as pp would say. :roll:

He pm'd me the other day. Reckons you weren't on holiday at all, said that it would be just like you and your "ego" to ve on a secret mission to usurp president Obama from the us so you can snuggle with Michelle! You heard it here first.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
mrrapson":3par93nn said:
IJN":3par93nn said:

He pm'd me the other day. Reckons you weren't on holiday at all, said that it would be just like you and your "ego" to ve on a secret mission to usurp president Obama from the us so you can snuggle with Michelle! You heard it here first.

ROTFL - You have SEEN Ian right?

Argylegames":32lk4r8t said:
mrrapson":32lk4r8t said:
IJN":32lk4r8t said:

ROTFL - You have SEEN Ian right?

Hard not too with those shirts he wears!! :)

A

Anonymous

I am above all of this.

5599266507_78e8a6a0bd_m.jpg