Next incoming - a keeper? (Jack Ruddy signs) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next incoming - a keeper? (Jack Ruddy signs)

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
There’s a photo doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment of a player with Argyle training gear on and goalie gloves. To me, he looks like Kieran O’Hara. This makes sense as he’s just been released by Man Utd. He spent last year on loan at Burton and Macclesfield the season before.

Jul 7, 2005
Ghost":3sr8s454 said:
There’s a photo doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment of a player with Argyle training gear on and goalie gloves. To me, he looks like Kieran O’Hara. This makes sense as he’s just been released by Man Utd. He spent last year on loan at Burton and Macclesfield the season before.

Isn't he with the Ireland squad at the moment?

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Greenheart":10uzc2d9 said:
Ghost":10uzc2d9 said:

Isn't he with the Ireland squad at the moment?
Just looked up that info Greenheart, and he pulled out of the squad a few days ago with a minor injury.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Alan Nixon reporting that we’re showing a ‘surprise interest’ in ex-Wolves and Bury goalie Jack Ruddy.

Jul 27, 2020
Hi Cheshire Green regarding salary cap I seem to recall Hallett saying the coming season would be a transitory season for the cap
and if so I take it from that that the cap can be exceeded without penalty in coming season and then back to regulatory issue for season/s thereafter I may be wrong of course in my interpretation

whatever argyle look to have an interesting squad

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
LeonTheGreen":3i21syou said:
Just googled him and that is definitely Jack Ruddy in the photo on twitter. Been at a few clubs, most recently in Spain.

And at Bury with Ryan Lowe.

Aug 11, 2013
Excited about the new season and think we have a decent squad but am I the only one worried about Wotton and Canavan in front of a rookie keeper? Every area looks competitive but the defence worries me a bit. Don’t think we’ve kept a clean sheet pre season even against Parkway. Alex Palmer would have been worth 12 points to us next season with his ability .. really surprised we haven’t done everything to get him back. Mccormick returning is a strange one.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Any idea where to see these photos?

Probably these 2

EhACwaxXsAEDW_i

EhACwaxXYAAaZPq

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
duke":119ud24i said:
Hi Cheshire Green regarding salary cap I seem to recall Hallett saying the coming season would be a transitory season for the cap
and if so I take it from that that the cap can be exceeded without penalty in coming season and then back to regulatory issue for season/s thereafter I may be wrong of course in my interpretation

My mates lad played in league 2 last season and was released when season finished he was offered to go back once season was restarted but the terms were an extension contract whereby he had to repay his severance payment at lower terms.
He said he wanted a new contract nit a renew so can only assume that his extension would class as an old contract for the cap and a new would be counted fully in the cap or that's my thoughts on it

Anyway he got new club in league 2 a lot closer to Plymouth so all is good

Just wanted to give some insight to a league 2 players contractual situation
Wondering if that's how Argyle maybe gettingvround it with such as grant,wooton & Canavan being classed as under contract because they never had a break in contract?and therefore not a newly registered contract

Jul 6, 2011
arrythewurzel":3w4igrnp said:
Excited about the new season and think we have a decent squad but am I the only one worried about Wotton and Canavan in front of a rookie keeper? Every area looks competitive but the defence worries me a bit. Don’t think we’ve kept a clean sheet pre season even against Parkway. Alex Palmer would have been worth 12 points to us next season with his ability .. really surprised we haven’t done everything to get him back. Mccormick returning is a strange one.

Frankly I think Cooper would have walked if Palmer had come back to go ahead of him again. We have a very good young keeper and some on here should build him up instead of going on about a loanie.
It's getting boring and undermining one of our own.

May 8, 2011
edengreen":1qlwz3n6 said:
duke":1qlwz3n6 said:

My mates lad played in league 2 last season and was released when season finished he was offered to go back once season was restarted but the terms were an extension contract whereby he had to repay his severance payment at lower terms.
He said he wanted a new contract nit a renew so can only assume that his extension would class as an old contract for the cap and a new would be counted fully in the cap or that's my thoughts on it

Anyway he got new club in league 2 a lot closer to Plymouth so all is good

Just wanted to give some insight to a league 2 players contractual situation
Wondering if that's how Argyle maybe gettingvround it with such as grant,wooton & Canavan being classed as under contract because they never had a break in contract?and therefore not a newly registered contract

As part of the transitional measures for the introduction of the salary cap, for all players signed before the date of the vote to bring it in, in calculating a Club’s salary bill those players’ pay will be treated as being capped at the average salary for the league.