Next incoming - a keeper? (Jack Ruddy signs) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next incoming - a keeper? (Jack Ruddy signs)

Jul 12, 2016
briangreen":ltewuggy said:
arrythewurzel":ltewuggy said:
Excited about the new season and think we have a decent squad but am I the only one worried about Wotton and Canavan in front of a rookie keeper? Every area looks competitive but the defence worries me a bit. Don’t think we’ve kept a clean sheet pre season even against Parkway. Alex Palmer would have been worth 12 points to us next season with his ability .. really surprised we haven’t done everything to get him back. Mccormick returning is a strange one.

Frankly I think Cooper would have walked if Palmer had come back to go ahead of him again. We have a very good young keeper and some on here should build him up instead of going on about a loanie.
It's getting boring and undermining one of our own.
Spot on. I have every faith in Cooper and he is the least of our worries in defence.

Aug 11, 2013
oldage":21xls5rp said:
briangreen":21xls5rp said:
arrythewurzel":21xls5rp said:
Excited about the new season and think we have a decent squad but am I the only one worried about Wotton and Canavan in front of a rookie keeper? Every area looks competitive but the defence worries me a bit. Don’t think we’ve kept a clean sheet pre season even against Parkway. Alex Palmer would have been worth 12 points to us next season with his ability .. really surprised we haven’t done everything to get him back. Mccormick returning is a strange one.

Frankly I think Cooper would have walked if Palmer had come back to go ahead of him again. We have a very good young keeper and some on here should build him up instead of going on about a loanie.
Spot on. I have every faith in Cooper and he is the least of our worries in defence.

Got all the attributes but worried he lacks the physicality needed at set pieces and will get outmuscled. One against Middlesbrough case in point. I guess time will tell ...

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
oldage":27ngvi9q said:
briangreen":27ngvi9q said:
arrythewurzel":27ngvi9q said:

Cooper will be fine and in a funny way, starting the season with no crowds may give him a more relaxed introduction to competitive action. Could benefit him. Less pressure.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Anyone know what time deadline is for player to be named in tomorrows match??

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
John Cooper":knuaujpu said:
Anyone know what time deadline is for player to be named in tomorrows match??

5:30 or something like that to be registered. Named in the line up would be 2 hours or so before kick off. I believe.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
hometown5":kb2pbjag said:
I want O'Hara. He is far more experienced than Ruddy.

Well "want" doesn't get.

Aug 5, 2015
I really don’t understand this negativity with Canavan and Wootton. I mean we did get promoted didn’t we and they played at the heart of the defence that got us promoted didn’t they? In any event it looks like Cooper will be playing behind Canavan or Wootton, not both. So if there was ever a problem it looks unlikely to materialise.

May 21, 2015
Difficult balancing act with this new keeper. Lowe has already stated Mike Cooper will be number 1, but if Luke is injured and/or taking on more of a mentorship role anyway you still need a capable backup who is both not terrible, not massively better than Cooper and affordable.

When I saw the Ruddy rumours I thought it was ex prem GK John Ruddy and believed Coopers days as No1 were already numbered,

As it is, these seems like sensible business.

Dec 8, 2019
hometown5":14kwcu91 said:
He is so experienced he got banned for biting no?
Lowe wouldn't touch him with a bargepole surely?

May 26, 2015
arrythewurzel":3icu6do6 said:
. Alex Palmer would have been worth 12 points to us next season with his ability .. really surprised we haven’t done everything to get him back. Mccormick returning is a strange one.

Totally agree arry. Not signing Palmer is my only real disappointment in this transfer window. Real shame if he goes to Lincoln.Don't understand rational for Luke's return; he is past his best.

Really excited by Watts/Nouble/Reeves/Macleod/Camara and the return of Hardie and Cooper.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":2ggrmdjo said:
simon1argyle":2ggrmdjo said:
hometown5":2ggrmdjo said:
He is so experienced he got banned for biting no?
Lowe wouldn't touch him with a bargepole surely?

I am sure his nickname is Scarlet after that!

So, if we sign Ruddy (well one of them) and he keeps a clean sheet would that be a Ruddy duck?? :coat: