Next incoming - a keeper? (Jack Ruddy signs) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next incoming - a keeper? (Jack Ruddy signs)

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":3bdm827c said:
I accept Cooper must get his chance but most teams would be looking to loan him out to get experience rather than throw him straight into the rough and tumble of league 1. Massive error in not getting Palmer back in my opinion if available. I accept the Exeter Academy comparisons but they’re still in league 2. I do honestly think Palmer would make the difference between auto/playoffs and mid table mediocrity ... and then the momentum is lost - perhaps a debate for a separate thread.to lose out to Lincoln wants to make me cry quite honestly !

Man up. :twisted:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I take it the club won't announce it until clearance is received. Welcome to HP Jack.

Oct 5, 2013
arrythewurzel":300o2au1 said:
I accept Cooper must get his chance but most teams would be looking to loan him out to get experience rather than throw him straight into the rough and tumble of league 1. Massive error in not getting Palmer back in my opinion if available. I accept the Exeter Academy comparisons but they’re still in league 2. I do honestly think Palmer would make the difference between auto/playoffs and mid table mediocrity ... and then the momentum is lost - perhaps a debate for a separate thread.to lose out to Lincoln wants to make me cry quite honestly !

You don’t seem to have heard RL’s interview a few weeks back in which he said Mike Cooper was the number 1 keeper this season, and that in fact he was good enough for the position last season, only being kept out by Palmer’s brilliance, part of which was down to the pushing he was getting from Cooper!
That’s why RL did not need Palmer this season.

Ruddy has evidently been signed on a short-term contract as second-choice keeper to replace the injured McCormick.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
arrythewurzel":u930p51s said:

Ryan Lowe seems to think he is good enough for the first team, and if that is the case, that is good enough for me.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Emu":2x2fflr5 said:
arrythewurzel":2x2fflr5 said:

Ryan Lowe seems to think he is good enough for the first team, and if that is the case, that is good enough for me.

It was interesting yesterday afternoon after the QPR game, that whilst RL went around 'knuckling' players of both teams, together with Rhys Wilmot, they homed in on Mike Cooper and they seemed to be doing a spot of coaching with him around the centre circle. I wonder what was said at the time.

Jul 6, 2011
arrythewurzel":2afturep said:

Think you are badly underrating Cooper for a start and I still reckon if they put someone else in front of him he would have been asking for a transfer. You can only hold a talent like that back for so long.

Oct 5, 2013
Mike Cooper has a great future in the game, in my opinion.
He handles the ball well, is a great shot-stopper, his distribution and kicking are excellent, and he may earn the club a nice big transfer fee one day if we aren’t doing well enough for him! This would not have been the case with Palmer.
Unlike in previous seasons, I have full confidence in the judgment and the abilities of our coaching team.
He had a very good game against QPR, and it was good to see RL go straight to him after the match to give him some immediate on-the-spot coaching - imagine all that happens that we don’t get to see! That’s why players want to come to Argyle now.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
HC Green":8bh4hqzi said:
Mike Cooper should have been first choice last year, a year wasted in his career.

Last year the best keeper in League Two was ahead of him. If you want to talk wasted years... What was the managements excuse the year before with Macey and Letheren?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
HC Green":362bxv7b said:
Mike Cooper should have been first choice last year, a year wasted in his career.

I don’t know if you saw the interview MC gave to Plymouth College, but he said the lowest moment of his career thus far was Derek Adams telling him he wasn’t good enough to be number one (or two, I think) at the start of the season before last. I could be wrong, but I doubt very much if he’d made him first choice a year later.

I was a DA fan too, but Ryan Lowe is the superior (and current!) manager. So can we/you move on??

Jul 12, 2016
Cooper deserves his chance to be first choice keeper. Hopefully he will get even better with age. Why train other club's keepers when we have our own promising goalie? If he's good enough he's old enough.