Nooblei? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nooblei?

Mar 21, 2008
jollygreenjohn":1kn1tz83 said:
It's a good job he won't read any of the pasoti experts' assessment of his ability. It's always the same stream of negativity no matter who it is and then it all becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. For goodness sake give it a rest. IF he signs, watch him play for us, give him time and then let's judge him.

There used to be a real positivity around bringing players in here.... until the Maclean, Paterson, Clark et al transfer window that crippled the club and made us a pub team.

The rest of the negativity stems from our ability to sign a good player, and make him crap!!... until he leaves that is.

For all the negativity though, I'd genuinely love it if this guys a decent target man and the rumours are right.

Aug 1, 2006
Plymouth
they over rate all their players like that magician who has just left. i so hope we can get 3 loans in. I dont like it but it is a reality.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
If its true then he would be a decent addition, hopefully he is a decent target man and even if he doesen't score the goals himself his presence might just create chances and goals for the people around him. Trigger was invaluable to us but his goalscoring record wasn't fantastic, but he helped other players to score he was a great team player and someone we haven't as yet replaced.

Jun 28, 2006
Salisbury
The guy is clearly very good. Argyle getting hold of an England U19 striker is fantastic in League One and he scored a couple for England recently to prove his worth. He was also at Chelsea scoring loads there for their Youth Team. He turned down Chelsea's offer of a contract to move to a team with more chance of playing and he has already bagged some Premiership experience at 18! So the lad will have more ability than what we have got probably. Those who question him at Swindon - well, he only started 3 games. If we get him - great - but I'll believe it when I see it. Plenty of teams are after him.

Having said all that, in our current situation, perhaps it's a bit of a risk with one so young and raw. I'm just wondering whether what we actually need is someone around 30 up front - who's been there, done it and worn the T-shirt; someone who can hold the ball up, bring others into play and win free-kicks in dangerous areas. Hey, but I'd take that in addition to Nouble if necessary.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I'm confused....... are we interested in this guy? Has he signed?

Feb 29, 2008
I have just has a word with Kieth Todd who confirmed the signing, I asked why the club didn't announce it and he said "whats the point, Green Grandad will just rubbish everything we say, apart from that he is a troll and we (the board) dont even believe he is that old, Grandad my arris!" At this point he started getting very agitated and was led away by a couple of stewards :?

M

MylesPAFC

Why is this still on the main board, it is just a rumour at the moment.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
argyleiggy":2at7qfep said:
I have just has a word with Kieth Todd who confirmed the signing, I asked why the club didn't announce it and he said "whats the point, Green Grandad will just rubbish everything we say, apart from that he is a troll and we (the board) dont even believe he is that old, Grandad my arris!" At this point he started getting very agitated and was led away by a couple of stewards :?

Ha ha ha ha! :)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Quintrell_Green":1wvqvkfk said:
I share the concerns. The last thing we want is another striker loan like Sheridan on our hands and he was a junior international.

You mean the Sheridan who was never given a decent chance or run in the team down here, then moved to St Johnstone scoring goals like this, now playing (and scoring in) European football for CSKA Sofia and has been called up to the full RoI squad by Trappatoni.

Why oh why don't Home Park crowds give young players a chance...

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Frank_Butcher":lfcfig94 said:
Quintrell_Green":lfcfig94 said:
I share the concerns. The last thing we want is another striker loan like Sheridan on our hands and he was a junior international.

You mean the Sheridan who was never given a decent chance or run in the team down here, then moved to St Johnstone scoring goals like this, now playing (and scoring in) European football for CSKA Sofia and has been called up to the full RoI squad by Trappatoni.

Why oh why don't Home Park crowds give young players a chance...

I saw Sheridan play for us several times. He was both disinterested and rubbish. I don't think our club was a very good match for his style of football. Good to see he is doing well at new his club though.

H

heafipat12

I still don't know how John Ward thought we had Nouble at the club. Surely it would have been featured on the official site if it was true. I can't see West Ham loaning us a striker who is as highly rated as him.

G

GreenArmy1986

heafipat12":hoax2nrf said:
I still don't know how John Ward thought we had Nouble at the club. Surely it would have been featured on the official site if it was true. I can't see West Ham loaning us a striker who is as highly rated as him.

he went to swindon last season so why not here?