OK, if he goes..who next? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

OK, if he goes..who next?

Oct 14, 2015
If the manager was sacked (or resign) and at the moment I'm in the undecided camp, I think we'd be surprised who might apply for the vacancy. Anyone who comes in would be on a win win situation really. Looking at our league position and performances things really can't any worse and until January any new manager will have to work with the current squad and despite our current position I generally believe Argyle are on of the more attractive clubs to manage in league 1.

I'd like Keith Hill with Coughlan as his assistant should the current manager leave..

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Gary Bowyer would be a very good appointment.

Not that I think there's going to be a vacancy anytime soon though.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge":3ve1tgwu said:

Surely there comes a point where a return to the lowest division, the loss of revenue and the need to restructure the entire team, YET AGAIN, actually becomes more of a financial burden than sacking Adams. Its becoming more and more strange that there is no noise coming out of Home Park about the tenability of Adams' position.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":3aa1pcj4 said:

is this the bloke who almost relegated brum to the third division a few years ago?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Steve Evans":3hlh3lj1 said:
Cobi Budge":3hlh3lj1 said:

is this the bloke who almost relegated brum to the third division a few years ago?

He's never managed Birmingham.

Jan 13, 2017
Still think DA will tirn it around, but if the axe does fall, What about a foreign coach who is looking to get into the English game? Not Scottish, foreign!

Oct 14, 2015
There's not many managers out there who haven't had at least one unsuccessful period during their managerial career unless you think Zinedine Zidane might be interested. He was very successful in the managerial jobs he's had......

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Greenfrom83":1bjl2w2h said:
Still think DA will tirn it around, but if the axe does fall, What about a foreign coach who is looking to get into the English game? Not Scottish, foreign!

This.

We're just seeing the same old tired names on this thread. Holloway? Gary Johnson? Leroy Rosenior??? Please no.

English coaches aren't particularly good in the great scheme of things, that's why there are almost none of them operating at the top level. Adams can still turn this around, but I think Argyle need to be really forward thinking when it does come to the next appointment.

Jan 6, 2004
I think he is on the edge- otherwise the board would have said something supportive after fans reaction on Saturday- have never seen an away Argyle crowd so angry

Mar 23, 2008
I think Cocko or Holloway are good shouts, failing that a young and progressive coach, there must be other budding Eddie How's out there.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Biggs":pfd8abj4 said:
Greenfrom83":pfd8abj4 said:

This.

We're just seeing the same old tired names on this thread. Holloway? Gary Johnson? Leroy Rosenior??? Please no.

English coaches aren't particularly good in the great scheme of things, that's why there are almost none of them operating at the top level. Adams can still turn this around, but I think Argyle need to be really forward thinking when it does come to the next appointment.
Not good enough or not fashionable enough? Let's face it, the better talent from abroad comes here for money and nothing else. We don't have much of that.

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
Holloway for me. Having said that though there must be a number of forward thinking, English speaking coaches/managers in the lower divisions in Europe. Didn't Barnsley recently appointed some German geezer who had been managing in their Second division? And at the moment it seems to be working out for them doesn't it.

Mpt

Aug 6, 2016
Nick Chadwick is doing a good job with Wigan U18’s. Unbeaten in 9 this season and two players called up to the England youth squad. Bit of a left field choice but stranger things have happened!!