OK, if he goes..who next? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

OK, if he goes..who next?

Aug 5, 2016
slingsby_pobble":3fp2jnip said:
Steve Bruce.

I'd have Holloway or Warnock back in a heartbeat. Both seem to know more about the game than Adams does. I don't know why we can't do the basics properly any more.

I'd support any manager who put a good old fashioned 442 up, did man marking well, practised defending and attacking corners. Basically any schoolboy team manager using the 'Usbourne First Book of Football' as his guidebook.

Can't do any worse than yesterday.

Steve Bruce, Ian Holloway and Neil Warnock.

Three men who wouldn't even return Argyle's call to come and have a relegation scrap in League One at a club with no money.

One of your suggestions is currently managing in the Premier League for crying out loud.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":3euy3nxz said:
slingsby_pobble":3euy3nxz said:
Steve Bruce.

I'd have Holloway or Warnock back in a heartbeat. Both seem to know more about the game than Adams does. I don't know why we can't do the basics properly any more.

I'd support any manager who put a good old fashioned 442 up, did man marking well, practised defending and attacking corners. Basically any schoolboy team manager using the 'Usbourne First Book of Football' as his guidebook.

Steve Bruce, Ian Holloway and Neil Warnock.

Three men who wouldn't even return Argyle's call to come and have a relegation scrap in League One at a club with no money.

One of your suggestions is currently managing in the Premier League for crying out loud.

This with bells on.

People need to get real. Our best effort will be to get an unemployed manager with a point to prove, or someone lower down with a previous record - someone like Gary Johnson.

Just to add - I do not understand how some of you think we should stick with DA and his staff. Our record is the worst in the league and we're on the worst run I can remember (was it this bad on the pitch in our dark days?). If this record applied to another club, you'd probably wonder why he wasn't sacked!

Oct 10, 2012
I couldn't see many being attracted to the job in all honesty. Bottom of the league, what appears to be a low budget and miles away from anywhere in the country.

Sep 28, 2003
London
GreenArmy1984":2wxxolko said:
We have the right man in charge with Derek Adams

No better manager out there

Time to get behind him

Maybe you don’t agree with me

Oh well there you go!

COYGs

You're basing this on literally nothing and are continually trolling the board. Can you just try to post something vaguely intelligent, and not just pom pom waving?

You're genuinely worse than samjones, at least he expands on WHY he thinks the way he does and doesn't just repeat the same rubbish again, and again, and again.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":jo85vhal said:
Seen so many managers come and go during 36 years supporting Argyle

We have a decent manager in Derek Adams - We Just need to give him time

Rome wasn’t built in a day!

When the Romans built Rome, they didn't build for a year, then rip it down every summer after that and rebuild it it with inferior components did they. Your argument is flawed in the extreme

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
slingsby_pobble":1jnq4ca6 said:
Steve Bruce.

Two arguments I absolutely hate.

1) this insistence on tired old football men (slightly unfair on Bruce) who wouldn't even want to come here anyway. Don't you want us to be at least a little progressive and imaginative?

2) 'well we can't do any worse'... do you want that to be the overriding philosophy in the Home Park boardroom? Do you want to stick to a strategy even through tough times, or do you want the leaders of this club to just say 'yeah, f*ck it may as well' when it comes to big decisions.

Add in 3) 'any other club would have sacked him'. Because most football clubs are notoriously well-run and stable?

The club are going to stick by Adams for a little bit longer at least, and though I 100% realise that the results are at risk of being untenable, four points adrift with 33 games to go means we're not at that stage yet. Things in football change very, very quickly, so it would be silly to write us off as some have done.

Sep 28, 2003
London
I'd have adored the Cowley brothers to come in but their stock has risen far above us now, they're only leaving Lincoln for a Championship job now.

IF Adams goes - and that is still an if - we'll have to hope we get lucky with someone like a Coughlan being a world beater.

In a couple of years, with the new stand and the revenue it should generate, we'll be a much more attractive proposition. However, bottom of League One and looking destined for relegation doesn't make us very desirable.

Lgm

Mar 15, 2017
Surrey
The performances home and away this season have been abysmal and unless the board dispense with the services of Adams then Argyle will be back in the 2nd division next season and I believe they will again struggle. People have mentioned Gary Bowyer as a possible replacement for Adams which I agree would be a good acquisition however my thoughts are to try and bring in John Coleman from Accrington or Gareth Ainsworth from Wycombe.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Yeah I agree. It’ll never be Steve Bruce.

I just really hope that whoever does replace Adams when that time comes that they play decent attacking football.

It’s been so long since we’ve tried to play entertaining football, I can’t really remember what it looks like.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Speculating about who would replace DA is pointless! The board will stick by him. For one reason, I don't think they can afford to sack him and secondly his overall record is very good.
The football this season, and pre season, has not been good. We lost good players at the end of last season which have not been adequately replaced.
DA has gambled with recruitment for this season and it has back fired. Combined with the loss of Taylor circumstances have conspired against him. He may be a little rigid in his approach but I still think he can turn it around. His record speaks for itself (name someone with a better one that the club could afford?). This is a trough in a generally rising career and a manager doesn't just become a bad manager in a few months. I totally get the frustration and anger at the performances, I've been one of the angry supporters but I just don't believe that sacking Adams will achieve anything other than appeasing the lynch mob!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Andy Holland":1dj1rtt7 said:
GreenArmy1984":1dj1rtt7 said:
We have the right man in charge with Derek Adams

No better manager out there

Time to get behind him

Maybe you don’t agree with me

Oh well there you go!

COYGs

You're basing this on literally nothing and are continually trolling the board. Can you just try to post something vaguely intelligent, and not just pom pom waving?

You're genuinely worse than samjones, at least he expands on WHY he thinks the way he does and doesn't just repeat the same rubbish again, and again, and again.
:iagree: It's beyond tedious now. :banghead:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
999mattyg":32am98i2 said:
Speculating about who would replace DA is pointless! The board will stick by him. For one reason, I don't think they can afford to sack him and secondly his overall record is very good.
The football this season, and pre season, has not been good. We lost good players at the end of last season which have not been adequately replaced.
DA has gambled with recruitment for this season and it has back fired. Combined with the loss of Taylor circumstances have conspired against him. He may be a little rigid in his approach but I still think he can turn it around. His record speaks for itself (name someone with a better one that the club could afford?). This is a trough in a generally rising career and a manager doesn't just become a bad manager in a few months. I totally get the frustration and anger at the performances, I've been one of the angry supporters but I just don't believe that sacking Adams will achieve anything other than appeasing the lynch mob!

I’m now wanting DA to leave but this is a reasoned argument to stick with him - DA does still have a good CV, and until we have someone that can improve us then I don’t see the board making any changes.

Mar 8, 2016
I keep wavering on if I think he should go or not, part of me wants him to go as this season has been shocking, any other club would have sacked their manager by now. But he’s not a bad manager, yeah he’s got his recruitment wrong this season, I think he now knows that more than most, although he won’t admit it in public, I feel more of the blame needs to be heading towards the players sometimes, doesn’t matter what formation, tactics a manager puts out, the oxford performance by those players is a disgrace, they should have more pride than that. Also they really need to think long and hard about themselves as individuals, most won’t be here next season, Adams (if he’s here) won’t keep them on, so where do they go? Chances are they will find it hard to get s club, if they want to continue playing at a fairly decent level then they need to start playing to the standards expected of wearing a Plymouth argyle shirt. I’m reading these names suggested in taking over Adams and to be honest it’s not filling me with confidence that anyone out there at the moment will change anything.