Orient - positive COVID test (2 at PAFC test positive) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Orient - positive COVID test (2 at PAFC test positive)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Quizmike":2i8q2haj said:
cheshiregreen":2i8q2haj said:
Quizmike":2i8q2haj said:
Players are tested all the time. Argyle would be tested anyway, regardless of whether a previous opponent has had an outbreak

Maybe at the top of the game

The EFL chose to stop mandatory weekly Coronavirus testing in the past couple of weeks

Good point. I didn't see that they'd stopped mandatory testing. What a stupid idea!

Mad to stop as numbers increase.

I'm guessing Orient were testing as the millionaires of White Hart Lane were next up. See Dele Alli was expected to play at least.

Mar 14, 2009
Surely this now will be more of an occurring situation, as the virus starts to spread.

You can’t surely expected players to isolate away from all human contact.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Quizmike":3600mg2y said:
Players are tested all the time. Argyle would be tested anyway, regardless of whether a previous opponent has had an outbreak

I recommend reading the whole news update I shared before, answers your questions.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
pedro91":9nhek4w0 said:
Wouldn't it be in the best interests of the players to be tested anyway regardless of what the EFL say??

It would probably be in the club's best interests. I doubt the players would be too happy having sore throats and nasal passages for three-four days every week.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
pedro91":32rqpqry said:
Wouldn't it be in the best interests of the players to be tested anyway regardless of what the EFL say??

Cost.
The price for a test varies but generally £125, multiply that by say 30 players and staff twice a week and you're up to £30,000 a month to be paid for by the club.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
If Orient are forced to forfeit the game that's just ridiculous. Is it the same for league games - if a club can't field a side because of positive tests or self isolation the points are forfeited? This situation was bound to happen and will continue to do so. To penalise clubs if they can't fulfill a fixture due to the virus (assuming no fault of their own as procedures have been followed) then the season risks descending into a complete farce.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
warney":39bky8uz said:
If Orient are forced to forfeit the game that's just ridiculous. Is it the same for league games - if a club can't field a side because of positive tests or self isolation the points are forfeited? This situation was bound to happen and will continue to do so. To penalise clubs if they can't fulfill a fixture due to the virus (assuming no fault of their own as procedures have been followed) then the season risks descending into a complete farce.

I fear the season may not run much longer without some interruption. There will be a point when a club has several players missing and games will get cancelled.

Other problem, Orient have here is that the statement says they have closed the ground. Suspect talks on to try and play at White Hart Lane, but, with Sky's mitts all over it making it a 6pm k.o tomorrow this may be problematic.

May 8, 2011
warney":1zjtee0u said:

A number of clubs have already had to forfeit games in the early rounds of the FA Cup this year due to confirmed cases or players having to self isolate for 14 days.
League matches don’t have the time constraints that Cup rounds do, so will be rearranged.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Personally ally think the season is in trouble, quite clearly the clubs Argyle included started the league with an expectation of crowds being in on 1st week in Oct.
I would say this wont happen and if additional testing is required there will be owners refusing to play shortly

But meanwhile spurs pay 300k a week to Gareth Bale !
Chelsea spend millions on players whilst the efl struggle and put a salary cap on clubs
I'm just hoping if it finishes this week it means weve made the play offs
As for the EFL totally unsustainable in my opinoon

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
edengreen":19bd3hzg said:
Personally ally think the season is in trouble, quite clearly the clubs Argyle included started the league with an expectation of crowds being in on 1st week in Oct.
I would say this wont happen and if additional testing is required there will be owners refusing to play shortly

Chelsea spend millions on players whilst the efl struggle and put a salary cap on clubs

Difficult times but dark humour is always appreciated.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
If they contracted it at half time during the game then our players are quite safe.

Sep 6, 2006
edengreen":1xppas6g said:

Can you explain how crowds not being in 1st October(which was always an aspiration) puts clubs in difficulty if it would only be season ticket holders going back anyway? Have you thought it through.?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Argylegames":1lr3en3i said:
pedro91":1lr3en3i said:

It would probably be in the club's best interests. I doubt the players would be too happy having sore throats and nasal passages for three-four days every week.

The test is simple and doesn’t give you a sore throat. I’ve had 3 tests myself.