Orient - positive COVID test (2 at PAFC test positive) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Orient - positive COVID test (2 at PAFC test positive)

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Argylegames":3niwbd9d said:
pedro91":3niwbd9d said:
Wouldn't it be in the best interests of the players to be tested anyway regardless of what the EFL say??

It would probably be in the club's best interests. I doubt the players would be too happy having sore throats and nasal passages for three-four days every week.

I have had five tests in the last 9 weeks and not once have I had a sore throat or nasal passage, it is at worst slightly uncomfortable when being carried out.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Now Moyes and two players at West Ham.

This season is going to be one of massive disruption with games off diminished squads and no fans. :sad:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I read somewhere that Orient blamed the dodgy facilities in an Oldham Portakabin.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Let's hope they've not passed it onto the Argyle players, otherwise how would that work?

If we have to play a diminished team due to another team's wrecklessness then surely we need some sort of compensation.

It opens the door to some borderline biological warfare from fans and maybe even teams.

This is going to be a messy season and expect lots of arguments at the end of it around the integrity of relegation.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Just read this in the BBC article

"If I was doing this again I would not do the testing," Orient chairman Mark Travis told BBC Radio 5 Live.

I understand he was making a point about being incentivised to ignore the tests, but seriously!

That attitude is insanely wreckless. I wonder how many teams would force "unwell" players to play knowing the risks just to avoid the drop.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":2d5gtjg1 said:
Argylegames":2d5gtjg1 said:
pedro91":2d5gtjg1 said:
Postcode said tests costs £125?
Is that just for footballers because tests are usually FREE!!!!!

Tests are only free if you have symptoms or work in essential jobs.

The cost of testing was the main reason L1 & L2 voted to not restart last season.

I thought I had read in the press somewhere that the Premier League had agreed to cover the cost of the tests for clubs in the EFL. There had originally been a proposal for the parachute payment continuing to be due to the likes of Fulham to be diverted and shared amongst League One and Two teams, now that Fulham had been promoted back to THe Premiership after just one season. The Premiership refused to accept this and offered the testing cost coverage instead [big deal]

Under the current rules on parachute payments, Fulham's second year payment is added to the solidarity payments made from the Premier League to the EFL. The proposal to direct this money to League One and Two clubs only, was rejected by the Championship clubs.

On the testing. PL clubs agreed to pay for the testing of personnel of EFL clubs when an EFL club plays against a PL club in the Carabao Cup. This was agreed because in the PL, testing has been at a higher level than the EFL. It was felt that without doing so it could compromise the level of protection that the PL have been trying to achieve.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
cheshiregreen":evoc9sb8 said:

This season is going to be one of massive disruption with games off diminished squads and no fans. :sad:

How did that work tonight, surely the rest of the West Ham team should be isolating now after being in contact, regardless of if they had a negative result as it could just not be showing in their system yet.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Lundan Cabbie":kr8fzovf said:
Quintrell_Green":kr8fzovf said:
Argylegames":kr8fzovf said:
pedro91":kr8fzovf said:
Postcode said tests costs £125?
Is that just for footballers because tests are usually FREE!!!!!

Tests are only free if you have symptoms or work in essential jobs.

The cost of testing was the main reason L1 & L2 voted to not restart last season.

I thought I had read in the press somewhere that the Premier League had agreed to cover the cost of the tests for clubs in the EFL. There had originally been a proposal for the parachute payment continuing to be due to the likes of Fulham to be diverted and shared amongst League One and Two teams, now that Fulham had been promoted back to THe Premiership after just one season. The Premiership refused to accept this and offered the testing cost coverage instead [big deal]

Under the current rules on parachute payments, Fulham's second year payment is added to the solidarity payments made from the Premier League to the EFL. The proposal to direct this money to League One and Two clubs only, was rejected by the Championship clubs.

On the testing. PL clubs agreed to pay for the testing of personnel of EFL clubs when an EFL club plays against a PL club in the Carabao Cup. This was agreed because in the PL, testing has been at a higher level than the EFL. It was felt that without doing so it could compromise the level of protection that the PL have been trying to achieve.

Noted with thanks

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
justanotherfan":2a7te0d3 said:
I have had five tests in the last 9 weeks and not once have I had a sore throat or nasal passage, it is at worst slightly uncomfortable when being carried out.
Well one of us got lucky. I suffered days of discomfort after my single test and have advised friends and family to avoid the test if at all possible.

I guess the nurse at QA Hospital in Portsmouth was either inexperienced or a sadist.

I wouldn't wish my experience on anybody - including Joe Kinnear and Hollowords.

Jan 12, 2020
If you don’t gag when the throat swab is being taken and your eyes don’t water when doing the nasal passage, then the test isn’t being done properly (and the chances of a correct result is reduced).

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Drake":217305g4 said:
If you don’t gag when the throat swab is being taken and your eyes don’t water when doing the nasal passage, then the test isn’t being done properly (and the chances of a correct result is reduced).

That’s exactly what I had. Was a horrible experience.

Dec 20, 2011
leeroy221":3bv0xh2z said:
cheshiregreen":3bv0xh2z said:

How did that work tonight, surely the rest of the West Ham team should be isolating now after being in contact, regardless of if they had a negative result as it could just not be showing in their system yet.

Similary,then,Argyle players and staff should quarantine because they have had contact with Orient players and staff! ? Oh dear, when is this going to end!