Orient - positive COVID test (2 at PAFC test positive) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Orient - positive COVID test (2 at PAFC test positive)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Have the PFA commented on either the Orient situation or on the end of tests in the EFL?

Would expect them to have an interest from a health and safety perspective for their members.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The Doctor":39iy8wpy said:
Mansfield Town Twitter has reported that they have a complete set of negative tests. They played Orient on Saturday (after Argyle played them on the Tuesday).

Fingers crossed we have the same. I fear that a team is going to have either zero or many, given the close contact in games/training.

May 8, 2011
falmouthgreen":zjnpja1h said:
leeroy221":zjnpja1h said:
cheshiregreen":zjnpja1h said:
Now Moyes and two players at West Ham.

This season is going to be one of massive disruption with games off diminished squads and no fans. :sad:

How did that work tonight, surely the rest of the West Ham team should be isolating now after being in contact, regardless of if they had a negative result as it could just not be showing in their system yet.

Similary,then,Argyle players and staff should quarantine because they have had contact with Orient players and staff! ? Oh dear, when is this going to end!

The guidance is that you should self isolate if you have been in close contact of someone testing positive for more than 15 minutes. I doubt if that would apply to any Argyle players or staff.

Jan 2, 2006
The Doctor":2l4pziiu said:
Mansfield Town Twitter has reported that they have a complete set of negative tests. They played Orient on Saturday (after Argyle played them on the Tuesday).

Have Mansfield tested too early though? To already have the results back could only have been a couple of days.

Any news from argyles tests?

Aug 5, 2016
Drake":17h0rcan said:
If you don’t gag when the throat swab is being taken and your eyes don’t water when doing the nasal passage, then the test isn’t being done properly (and the chances of a correct result is reduced).

Watching the Inside Argyle episode, the players reacted to it differently.

Scott Wootton for example seemed extremely sensitive to it, needing to compose himself a few times eyes streaming with water, whereas others like Adam Randell (I think) took it in their stride.

Because it was the same staff taking the tests, I assume they were doing it the same way each time.

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
1 player and one member of Argyle staff have tested positive. Both asymptomatic

C

Cult Of Personality

Having had the test myself 3 weeks ago. Negative btw. Its not an enjoyable thing to go through and to of had to done it myself. With a car mirror to try and swab my tonsills withouth touching my tongue or side of my mouth. I can see tesst being done wrong and thus getting a negative result

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Leyton Orient should receive punishment in some form, I doubt they will. They’re really not a club I’m fond of, firstly because of how they adamantly defended their ball boy assaulting captain, now this.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Cult Of Personality":1jkt2kjq said:
Having had the test myself 3 weeks ago. Negative btw. Its not an enjoyable thing to go through and to of had to done it myself. With a car mirror to try and swab my tonsills withouth touching my tongue or side of my mouth. I can see tesst being done wrong and thus getting a negative result

So where does the swab get poked if you have had your tonsils removed?

Apr 1, 2009
Cobi Budge":3mex9fm7 said:
Leyton Orient should receive punishment in some form, I doubt they will. They’re really not a club I’m fond of, firstly because of how they adamantly defended their ball boy assaulting captain, now this.

Without conducting any investigation into the circumstances, how can you deem Orient worthy of punishment? How do you know Argyle's cases are as a result of the Orient one's? Dishing up irrational punishments without investigation doesn't help anyone at present.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think the fact that the two players involved were feeling under the weather before they played Argyle sort of points towards Orient’s error.

I agree with Cobi, not a nice club in my opinion.

Sep 25, 2010
Assume immediate family members of the 2 Argyle staff members will have to isolate now, plus other people who have come in close contact with them.

As so it goes on and on and on.