Orient - positive COVID test (2 at PAFC test positive) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Orient - positive COVID test (2 at PAFC test positive)

Apr 9, 2011
As said before will be amazed if the season gets to Christmas the whole thing is farcical . I thought the word was all players & staff were tested on a regular basis didnt seem to work in Orients case , whats the point if clubs are just going to ignore the results.
Doesnt it mean if we have two members of our squad/staff tested positive the whole lot self isolate :facepalm:

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
No, there are no mandatory tests in the EFL - most clubs below the top two flights couldn't afford to cover the costs of testing (£100 a time per person, approximately) before each game: even doing it once a week wouldn't be sufficient. It's an issue which is being raised from most clubs lower down the pyramid (like this article from yesterday - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54282313), and Orient were only tested as Spurs paid for it.

To be honest, if we're approaching a second wave, then it may be football is suspended again. Unless the FA and top-flight clubs put their hands in their pockets to cover the cost of testing then either teams go into a "bubble" and players separated from their families (and if they chose to leave the bubble then the player pays for the cost of a test), or sport is halted again.

Sep 6, 2006
phil-thefluter24":31ocdqh0 said:
As said before will be amazed if the season gets to Christmas the whole thing is farcical . I thought the word was all players & staff were tested on a regular basis didnt seem to work in Orients case , whats the point if clubs are just going to ignore the results.
Doesnt it mean if we have two members of our squad/staff tested positive the whole lot self isolate :facepalm:

How does that make any sense at all? If the whole squad have been tested and are negative apart from 2 why would they need to isolate??

I agree there may need to be a suspension if/when things get serious(for perhaps a couple of months). Could work out with perhaps lower Leagues extended until the Summer when hopefully some crowds can come back. As players are on contracts and season tickets have been bought I cant see how the season can be written off.

Jul 29, 2010
Ponty":nxnfohi5 said:
It may be time to put people before football?
This could quickly spiral out of control.

Surely anyone can see that it already is. A couple of positives here, a few there, training carries on and games don't get cancelled.

The virus has an incubation period. Players who may have provided negative tests may become infectious hours or a day or two later.

The time to put people first has gone. The season should never have started.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
X Isle":1c3l7s27 said:
Ponty":1c3l7s27 said:

Surely anyone can see that it already is. A couple of positives here, a few there, training carries on and games don't get cancelled.

The virus has an incubation period. Players who may have provided negative tests may become infectious hours or a day or two later.

You won't get an argument from me on that post.
Hard to believe that people still want the game opened up to the public.

Oh get your tin hat ready :roll:

Jul 29, 2010
Ponty":2q90gke5 said:
X Isle":2q90gke5 said:
Ponty":2q90gke5 said:

You won't get an argument from me on that post.
Hard to believe that people still want the game opened up to the public.

Oh get your tin hat ready :roll:

One doesn't need a tin hat against tin foil hat wearing virus denial.

There's far too much self interest in society and a football message board is no different. Folk want to watch football, be it streamed or in person.

Because of that they are prepared to completely ignore the established facts of how a virus spreads because the truth is inconvenient to their desires.

It's exactly like the hospitality industry burying their heads and pleading to be opened up... the airline/tourism industry the same.

In pure virus suppression pubs, flights, holidays, schools, sports, cinemas and theatres should all be shut.

But everyone with a vested interest knows better :roll:

Football fans are no different.

Big Green Limo

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 9, 2020
In a better place
The Doctor":22jg55ge said:
JannerinCardiff":22jg55ge said:
We can safely say that Ryan Lowe wasn’t one of the non- playing staff that tested positive for Covid-19 - he did a press conference and spoke about the upcoming Shrewsbury match on Sat.

Or Telford the player for the same reason.

I'm not sure it is fair to simply criticise Leyton Orient as some have. For all we know Argyle might have had asymptomatic cases in the squad that had nothing to do with the Carabao Cup game. Orient didn't know they had cases until Spurs paid for them to be tested. It's even possible that someone from Argyle passed it on to someone from Orient. I know that there is an obvious pathway/timeline that transmits the virus from an Orient player (ill before the Argyle game) within their squad and into the Argyle squad also, but that's not the only way that positive tests could arise in both squads at the same time by any means. You'd probably find that if all League 1 and League 2 clubs tested their squads now, quite a few would have positive tests showing up.

"It's even possible that someone from Argyle passed it on to someone from Orient." - finally someone is allowed to state the truth without fear of being suspended !
Lucky Ryan didn't test positive given that he stopped his car on way into game v QPR and did a selfie with 2 fans in close contact without anyone wearing face coverings !
Do fans count in the EFL Team Covid 19 bubble ?
Answers on the back of a non-refundable £50 note to ..................... the PASOTI Administrator (but guess no one will get to read this (again!)
Stay Covid free guys