Oxford away | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford away

Apr 15, 2016
I think the side of the ground we are in is shared with the home fans who have season tickets there, and so it is logistics preventing them from allocating us more.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Disappointed to miss this game one of the few grounds I have not been to, good luck to all fans travelling have a safe journey and bring home at least a point.

Jul 12, 2004
Shankster":2tfawo0s said:
Bonzo":2tfawo0s said:
Shankster":2tfawo0s said:
The stand/ sit debate is still going strong I see...

I hate sitting, it just defies belief that you can treat football like opera or the theatre BUT understand that for some people it has to be enjoyed whilst seated (old/ inform/ less able)

That is a bit condescending isn't it. What about people who are not old, infirm I think you meant and less able who want to actually enjoy the match without having idiots shouting dirty northern etc in their ears. My worry for this match is that, like a few years ago, I end up near the singers because it was allocated seating. Generally I get as far away as possible from them.

Who mentioned singing and disparaging chants? I mentioned standing only

It’s rather disingenuous to suggest that everyone who stands is an insidious oaf

Fair enough but often they go together. My main issue is not with standers per se provided they are at the back of the stand. My annoyance is with people who decide to sit halfway back and then stand.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
choggy29":699dysrq said:
Anyone know if you can sit anywhere as have just purchased and we are in row Y(I presume at the back) when my daughter likes to sit nearer the pitch.

Thanks

You don’t want to be low down at the Kassam. With away fans being at the end of one side a low seat has a very oblique view that is also somewhat blocked by other people trying to peer around those next to them. I’d say row Y will be excellent (assuming A is front)

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Shankster":2tog0tul said:
The stand/ sit debate is still going strong I see...

I hate sitting, it just defies belief that you can treat football like opera or the theatre BUT understand that for some people it has to be enjoyed whilst seated (old/ inform/ less able)

Silly statement. Many supporters prefer to sit other than aged/infirm/disabled etc., and what has opera to do with it? you can still shout/ sing/ wave arms etc sitting down. And I reckon almost everyone jumps to their feet in unison when the Greens score a goal.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Might be that the extra stewarding or police costs associated with increased away attendance are more than the money they’d make from the extra tickets.

Oct 20, 2015
I prefer to sit and rest my weary legs but if it's a rousing game I don't mind standing and singing.

I don't get the allocated seating. Last time at Oxford we had 3 allocated seats at the back for me & family and all the singsong boys had crashed them. I don't mind swapping but there didn't appear to be any spares?

May 14, 2016
Bristol Rovers are doing a beam back of their game at Oxford today. What is stopping a similar event being shown at Home Park for our match next week?

Rovers beam back

Sean":3oc8u052 said:
Bristol Rovers are doing a beam back of their game at Oxford today. What is stopping a similar event being shown at Home Park for our match next week?

Rovers beam back

I think I recall EFL clubs are permitted to 'beam back' a limited number of games during a season, but the number of games allowed is capped due to licensing (although I can't remember exactly how many games are permitted). Perhaps Argyle are waiting to see if any crucial away games arise towards the end of the season that might draw a bigger crowd to Home Park? (Hopefully one with a play off spot on the line!?)

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Lobster":2fgcc3s0 said:
Might be that the extra stewarding or police costs associated with increased away attendance are more than the money they’d make from the extra tickets.
I agree that might be the case, but surely we would create more than enough revenue to cover the cost

Sep 13, 2003
I don't see why everyone can't just sit where they like for the Oxford game.. just because they state it's allocated seating doesn't mean that it will be enforced. Last time I went to the Kassam I just sat where I wanted.