Oxford away | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford away

Sep 13, 2003
Hooe Green":2hf7o8jj said:
Electronic":2hf7o8jj said:
Anyone have definitive info about beer in the away end? They banned sales for Rovers’ visit last Saturday.

Has anyone made the trudge from The Catherine Wheel in Sandford? Is it a 15 min walk, or more?
Catherine Wheel is doable. I think Tim who used to have the Priory (the run down place next to the ground - run down due to owner, not Tim) is still there. At one stage they were running a mini bus I think but that may not be the case any more. Avoid the Blackbird on the Leys. Otherwise it’s Bowlplex or one of the hotels next to the ground.

From another thread the bowling place didn't let away fans in for the Rovers game..can't see them changing that policy for us.

P

pspafc

This will be my first away game and only my second game this season. my wife (long time season ticket holder) has band me from games, as Argyle lose and according to her don't normal play this bad. But she needs a car driver (cheaper than bus car full) SO SORRY if the mighty greens lose. :whistle:

Jul 28, 2017
Masons Arms at Headington (postcode OX3 8LH) recommended but a little distant from the ground

Alternatively plenty of city centre pubs and the 3A Oxford Bus Company bus runs half hourly from Westgate to the ground.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Bonzo":2ar9jiu5 said:
Shankster":2ar9jiu5 said:
Bonzo":2ar9jiu5 said:
Shankster":2ar9jiu5 said:
The stand/ sit debate is still going strong I see...

I hate sitting, it just defies belief that you can treat football like opera or the theatre BUT understand that for some people it has to be enjoyed whilst seated (old/ inform/ less able)

That is a bit condescending isn't it. What about people who are not old, infirm I think you meant and less able who want to actually enjoy the match without having idiots shouting dirty northern etc in their ears. My worry for this match is that, like a few years ago, I end up near the singers because it was allocated seating. Generally I get as far away as possible from them.

Who mentioned singing and disparaging chants? I mentioned standing only

It’s rather disingenuous to suggest that everyone who stands is an insidious oaf

Fair enough but often they go together. My main issue is not with standers per se provided they are at the back of the stand. My annoyance is with people who decide to sit halfway back and then stand.

And what about those that choose to sit at the back?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Sam Barker":3uvajg39 said:
Bonzo":3uvajg39 said:
Shankster":3uvajg39 said:
Bonzo":3uvajg39 said:
Shankster":3uvajg39 said:

I hate sitting, it just defies belief that you can treat football like opera or the theatre BUT understand that for some people it has to be enjoyed whilst seated (old/ inform/ less able)

That is a bit condescending isn't it. What about people who are not old, infirm I think you meant and less able who want to actually enjoy the match without having idiots shouting dirty northern etc in their ears. My worry for this match is that, like a few years ago, I end up near the singers because it was allocated seating. Generally I get as far away as possible from them.

It’s rather disingenuous to suggest that everyone who stands is an insidious oaf

Fair enough but often they go together. My main issue is not with standers per se provided they are at the back of the stand. My annoyance is with people who decide to sit halfway back and then stand.

Exactly.

I like a higher view so prefer to be further back. It's always just before kickoff that the "singers" arrive & block some / all of my view meaning I have to move.

I suppose its part of the me me society that we unfortunately now live in that many people have no regard for others around them.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
David_Fisher":3vlqbnfs said:
Sam Barker":3vlqbnfs said:
Bonzo":3vlqbnfs said:
Shankster":3vlqbnfs said:
Bonzo":3vlqbnfs said:
Shankster":3vlqbnfs said:

Exactly.

I like a higher view so prefer to be further back. It's always just before kickoff that the "singers" arrive & block some / all of my view meaning I have to move.

I suppose its part of the me me society that we unfortunately now live in that many people have no regard for others around them.

You choose to sit where you know fans want to stand, sing and get behind the team. If 90% of the following didn’t sit down we wouldn’t have to go to the back. Other clubs supporters manage it.

Before anyone calls me a manchild I get that some people have to sit down and some people want to. Those that want to stand go to the back, those that don’t go lower down.

1800 on Saturday and we’ll be like church mice. Happens every time we take good numbers anywhere. Combination of allocated seating, majority sitting down and heightened expectations hence the big following will kill the atmosphere.

The 400 or so that’ll be at Rochdale will make more noise.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Late change of plans now able to go and cross Oxford off my list of grounds visited.