Oxford away | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford away

Sep 13, 2003
green eyed monster":27rifpci said:
Lobster":27rifpci said:
Might be that the extra stewarding or police costs associated with increased away attendance are more than the money they’d make from the extra tickets.
I agree that might be the case, but surely we would create more than enough revenue to cover the cost

Policing costs are usually dictated by the actual intelligence rather than the number of fans traveling. 300 travelling Cardiff/Leeds/Millwall fans will always be more grief than 1500 Greenarmy.

Apr 15, 2015
Capacity for any block that is sold unallocated is automatically reduced. How rigorously the stewards enforce the seating varies from club to club. Oxford’s stewards don’t have the greatest respect from their own fans so I suspect they will try.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
Interesting point you’ve made there about unallocated capacities being reduced. A pic went around today of rovers fans at the kassam and the bottom 5 or so rows were empty. It wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve been “undersold”.

T

timo66

Hate posting like this but left it way to late. After 1 ticket for oxford if anyone’s selling

Apr 15, 2015
green eyed monster":1j0dkzw2 said:
Bugger... :sad:

Does make you wonder though.... do clubs not need the money?

They won't sell out, so give us more tickets...????

May have to sit on my hands in the home end... :facepalm:

The home end is now on sale to those on the Oxford United database only. Was the same for Rovers this Saturday as they sold out too.

Sean":2e6gm0ng said:
Bristol Rovers are doing a beam back of their game at Oxford today. What is stopping a similar event being shown at Home Park for our match next week?

Rovers beam back

Looks like Argyle have decided this is a good idea too. “We are screening the the Oxford game in the Tribute Lounge! 200 places available -all details below:”

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/februa ... n-the-box/

Well done to the club for getting this sorted.

Feb 2, 2007
Anyone going for home areas avoid the Oxford Mail stand, or London Road, as its still known in a homage to the manor. Some of the fans in there can be a bit lively. If you say you hate Swindon you will most likely be accepted whatever your colours, faith or creed. Main stand is reasonably benign and you could you what I regularly do at Exeter when Argyle play and sit as close to the away fans as you can where it all merges into one happy community.

With Oxfords form,especially at home, being poor, and Bristol Rovers playing a pressing game and getting a result on Saturday, I can see Argyle nicking this 2-1. Taylor almost certain to score. I think he will get a decent reception and Oxford could certainly do with him atm with a complete lack of fit strikers. Shame Curtis misses out too.

Apr 15, 2015
nick_PASTIE":186wmtg9 said:
Anyone going for home areas avoid the Oxford Mail stand, or London Road, as its still known in a homage to the manor. Some of the fans in there can be a bit lively. If you say you hate Swindon you will most likely be accepted whatever your colours, faith or creed. Main stand is reasonably benign and you could you what I regularly do at Exeter when Argyle play and sit as close to the away fans as you can where it all merges into one happy community.

With Oxfords form,especially at home, being poor, and Bristol Rovers playing a pressing game and getting a result on Saturday, I can see Argyle nicking this 2-1. Taylor almost certain to score. I think he will get a decent reception and Oxford could certainly do with him atm with a complete lack of fit strikers. Shame Curtis misses out too.

Oxford are only selling to those already on their database so you’ll struggle.

Oct 20, 2015
This from my Oxford supporting mate:

"We were pretty awful [on Saturday 10th Feb] apparently and are really low on confidence at home.
As I think I said things are a mess at the moment, no manager, no word from the chairmen and sinking fast. Rudderless. Not looking good."

Of course, we'll all go in hoping for a 0-5 away thrashing but knowing my luck (I'm attending) they'll find their form to scupper our enthusiasm!

Re: additional seat allocation:
"Think there are no additional seats for away fans, as there is quite a big section used for segregation - obviously only having 3-sides does not help either!"

You've only got three stands, you've only got three staaa-aands...

E

Electronic

Anyone have definitive info about beer in the away end? They banned sales for Rovers’ visit last Saturday.

Has anyone made the trudge from The Catherine Wheel in Sandford? Is it a 15 min walk, or more?

Apr 15, 2015
Electronic":1fcnanm5 said:
Anyone have definitive info about beer in the away end? They banned sales for Rovers’ visit last Saturday.

Has anyone made the trudge from The Catherine Wheel in Sandford? Is it a 15 min walk, or more?
Catherine Wheel is doable. I think Tim who used to have the Priory (the run down place next to the ground - run down due to owner, not Tim) is still there. At one stage they were running a mini bus I think but that may not be the case any more. Avoid the Blackbird on the Leys. Otherwise it’s Bowlplex or one of the hotels next to the ground.