Paul Stapleton, should he remain? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paul Stapleton, should he remain?

Should Paul Stapleton remain on the board?

• Yes. Local man and all that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. We've had enough.

• Don't care.

• Total voters
B

bandwagon

The sooner he goes the better - an accountant that watches over a cockup like our club should be ashamed!!

J

James_Dennis

I don't completely understand all of the vitriol against Stapleton.

I completely agree that he's made some huge mistakes, the biggest one giving Sturrock so much free reign in the transfer market. However, on his decision to go for property I really don't believe this was for his own ends - please prove it to me if this is so. I think it was a misguided way of securing Argyle's future, which obviously with hindsight did not work.

As for lacking football ambition - what exactly was he meant to do? At the time of the Great Sale of 2008, the players concerned were being offered money elsewhere that we couldn't match. Yes, since that time Stapleton did allow higher wages and as this was done in desperation it was an extremely costly mistake, for which we are now paying. But it was a human mistake, and done on the back of some pretty vociferous calls at the time for him to do what he did.

I just think people are barking up the wrong tree to have a go at him. Sure, the ideal thing for the club would be a clean sweep but we don't live in an ideal world. If Stapleton + another were an option, I would take it, certainly if the alternative was a group with no local interest whatsoever.

People may make mistakes but does that really mean they had bad intentions? By all means let's criticise for the mistakes made but let's not make it so personal.

Dec 16, 2010
James_Dennis":3ijj2h5y said:
I don't completely understand all of the vitriol against Stapleton.

I completely agree that he's made some huge mistakes, the biggest one giving Sturrock so much free reign in the transfer market. However, on his decision to go for property I really don't believe this was for his own ends - please prove it to me if this is so. I think it was a misguided way of securing Argyle's future, which obviously with hindsight did not work.

As for lacking football ambition - what exactly was he meant to do? At the time of the Great Sale of 2008, the players concerned were being offered money elsewhere that we couldn't match. Yes, since that time Stapleton did allow higher wages and as this was done in desperation it was an extremely costly mistake, for which we are now paying. But it was a human mistake, and done on the back of some pretty vociferous calls at the time for him to do what he did.

I just think people are barking up the wrong tree to have a go at him. Sure, the ideal thing for the club would be a clean sweep but we don't live in an ideal world. If Stapleton + another were an option, I would take it, certainly if the alternative was a group with no local interest whatsoever.

People may make mistakes but does that really mean they had bad intentions? By all means let's criticise for the mistakes made but let's not make it so personal.

Until the facts are all that there, I tend to go along with James, He;s made mistakes but thats experience unless you make 'em again

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
To be honest he is no worse than Ridsdale. Many people seem happy to kick out Stapleton while simultaneously welcoming in Ridsdale. :? :?

Seems like double standards to me. Surely you either have to want both or neither.

Sep 2, 2008
I voted "no".

It's becoming a football fan's cliché, but I'll threaten it anyway: If administration happens, and he ends up being part of the next board, or in any position of responsibility, then I will not be giving any more of my money towards the club. It's time for him to leave, and never taint our club again. I'll give a thumbs up to his (hopefully) imminent departure.

Nov 11, 2006
Without a moment's hesitation, absolutely certainly, a big fat NO lit up in neon lights 5 miles high, decorated with tinsel and glitter, with loudspears attached to it broadcasting an ear piercing endless tirade of "NO NO NO NO NO"

:)

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
I voted stay,when he was chairman fans slated him for not spending money , he sought investment through the Kagami,Todd and Synan mould,it didnt work out.
Im worried as every other fan is,in my opinion Stapleton was sound until we put pressure on him to find money.So the guilty party could be us all in thinking we are bigger than we actually are,our gates reflect that.

COME ON YOU GREENS

J

James_Dennis

Richie":17i2zhi5 said:
Im worried as every other fan is,in my opinion Stapleton was sound until we put pressure on him to find money.So the guilty party could be us all in thinking we are bigger than we actually are,our gates reflect that.

COME ON YOU GREENS

Agree.