Persistent Standing Policy | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Aug 5, 2005
BradCobbs":36ltj5v0 said:
You’re allowed to install railed seating. Spurs new ground has a large section, Wolves installed it this summer, Shrewsbury have also.
The new Green Guide says you can in persistent standing areas.
99% of clubs have massive sections that stand.
Many clubs have specific areas that likeminded people can generate an atmosphere, Man UTD have one, Reading have one, Cardiff have one.
Club needs to use its brain really and not pi$$ the supporters off.
Too many moaners in our club I’m afraid.
If you want to sit, go at the front. If you want to stand, go at the back. So simple.

Rail seating yes. Safe standing areas, not before 2021

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... e-standing

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ague-2021/

BTW I fully believe safe standing should be brought in. But until then, there are rules we have to obey

Apr 29, 2016
Quizmike":2cg3wamg said:
BradCobbs":2cg3wamg said:
You’re allowed to install railed seating. Spurs new ground has a large section, Wolves installed it this summer, Shrewsbury have also.
The new Green Guide says you can in persistent standing areas.
99% of clubs have massive sections that stand.
Many clubs have specific areas that likeminded people can generate an atmosphere, Man UTD have one, Reading have one, Cardiff have one.
Club needs to use its brain really and not pi$$ the supporters off.
Too many moaners in our club I’m afraid.
If you want to sit, go at the front. If you want to stand, go at the back. So simple.

Rail seating yes. Safe standing areas, not before 2021

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... e-standing

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ague-2021/

BTW I fully believe safe standing should be brought in. But until then, there are rules we have to obey

Quite agree and Argyle management and Directors need to be seen to uphold the policy and law irrespective of how they may feel about it. There’s nothing to say that they are not privately lobbying the league for safe standing in the meantime. Don’t shoot the messenger!

Aug 5, 2005
Just to add, the green guide does NOT say that safe standing is ok. To quote re rail seating

This gives all clubs with all-seater stadia the opportunity to enhance spectator safety in this way in areas of their ground where more active supporters are inclined to stay on their feet throughout extended moments of excitement, rather than sit passively in their seat for the full 90 minutes. It also enables clubs to get such areas of their grounds ready to be operated formally as standing areas as and when government policy allows and ready to take advantage of any future potential for increasing capacity in such areas.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/safe-standi ... the-rules/

Jul 13, 2006
Quizmike":3bkzz9cn said:
foreigner":3bkzz9cn said:
Welcome to the Home Park morgue.
We will not tolerate any atmosphere whatsoever.

Can you only make a noise standing up?

I would say "yes", pretty much so, or the evidence seems to point to that.
I would be interested to know how many other clubs enforce the sitting down only policy.

Aug 5, 2005
foreigner":1xtvoxgi said:
Quizmike":1xtvoxgi said:
foreigner":1xtvoxgi said:
Welcome to the Home Park morgue.
We will not tolerate any atmosphere whatsoever.

Can you only make a noise standing up?

I would say "yes", pretty much so, or the evidence seems to point to that.
I would be interested to know how many other clubs enforce the sitting down only policy.

Off the top of.my head, West Ham threatened to withdraw season tickets from those who insisted on standing

Aug 4, 2011
Why did so Many performers stand when performing on top of the tops (back in the day). Any that sat on a stool soon raised from the seat once the song gathered momentum

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
It's beyond me that their are a large contingent of fans (or maybe just those that post on pasoti) that feel that standing up is a complete no go at a football match.

Imagine a stadium where the whole stadium sat down for the whole 90 minutes. The atmosphere would be similar to that of cricket. I am sorry but that just isn't football, their will always be fans standing and supporting their team all over the world.

In order to please these bores, lets try promote a standing section of home park? Maybe the club can actually back this and not turn their back on fans who have supported them for years. Closing the zoo corner was one stab in the back, kicking fans out is another level.

Zoo

Aug 5, 2005
Zoo Corner":1xyr28bb said:
It's beyond me that their are a large contingent of fans (or maybe just those that post on pasoti) that feel that standing up is a complete no go at a football match.

Imagine a stadium where the whole stadium sat down for the whole 90 minutes. The atmosphere would be similar to that of cricket. I am sorry but that just isn't football, their will always be fans standing and supporting their team all over the world.

In order to please these bores, lets try promote a standing section of home park? Maybe the club can actually back this and not turn their back on fans who have supported them for years. Closing the zoo corner was one stab in the back, kicking fans out is another level.

Zoo

People are not asking for fans to sit down for 90 minutes. Just not be stood up for 90 minutes

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Quizmike":1f5s2fcu said:
Zoo Corner":1f5s2fcu said:

Zoo

People are not asking for fans to sit down for 90 minutes. Just not be stood up for 90 minutes

The period of what is acceptable to stand up could be viewed in a incredibly subjective way, with differing views of what these moaners deem as acceptable/not acceptable. Is 20 mins out of 90 acceptable in some peoples eyes and no standing at all acceptable in another persons eyes?

I refuse to waste my energy in having to explain why telling people to sit down at a football match is utterly ridiculous anymore. Instead, how about we move towards a solution to accommodate the moaners.

Perhaps the upper half of each block can be standing sections and the lower half sitting? Look forward to hearing other suggestions.

Zoo

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Isn't there a regulation banning cameras from football grounds? Will the EFL shut HP if fans continue to bring smart phones into the stadium? Nah, cos its a silly rule that people ignore.

Same with the standing rule, where there's clearly unofficial designated areas for it.

Oct 31, 2015
Zoo Corner":26jert1w said:
Quizmike":26jert1w said:
Zoo Corner":26jert1w said:

Zoo

The period of what is acceptable to stand up could be viewed in a incredibly subjective way, with differing views of what these moaners deem as acceptable/not acceptable. Is 20 mins out of 90 acceptable in some peoples eyes and no standing at all acceptable in another persons eyes?

I refuse to waste my energy in having to explain why telling people to sit down at a football match is utterly ridiculous anymore. Instead, how about we move towards a solution to accommodate the moaners.

Perhaps the upper half of each block can be standing sections and the lower half sitting? Look forward to hearing other suggestions.

Zoo

I like that idea for the zoo and the Demport. :clap:

I would prefer to stand to be fair but stay seated for the majority of the game in respect to those behind me. Although they may say different :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Fail to understand why some people have to be so unpleasant.

Those who prefer to sit for most of the game are ‘moaners’ and ‘bores’. Really? Can’t we be a bit more understanding of those who ultimately are fellow supporters?

There is zero correlation between whether you stand or sit, and the level of your support for the club. Especially if you are physically unable to stand.

Mar 23, 2019
Biggs":xmz62wfo said:
Fail to understand why some people have to be so unpleasant.

Those who prefer to sit for most of the game are ‘moaners’ and ‘bores’. Really? Can’t we be a bit more understanding of those who ultimately are fellow supporters?

There is zero correlation between whether you stand or sit, and the level of your support for the club. Especially if you are physically unable to stand.

I would argue that there definitely is.

Eg the Lyndhurst moans a lot more than the Devonport does.

It's not the theatre, you're at a football game. Give the opposition hell for 90 minutes Biggsy boy.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Disagree AJ. There's no defined "right" way to support your club. Probably are wrong ways, but standing isn't one of them.

I think most people reasonably get this and enjoy their time at HP. There's just some who are a bit nerdy about the "rules" and want to effect those who aren't effecting them.