Persistent Standing Policy | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Quizmike":zuow2alu said:
Rail seating yes. Safe standing areas, not before 2021
there are rules we have to obey

1. It isn't rules it is the law of the land.
2. The government's review is for safe standing in the Premiership and Championship ONLY - which is what the petition asked for.
3. Installation of rail seats at the moment would, I read somewhere, restrict them to be seats, locked down seats. This would make standing even more difficult than it is now.
4. Argyle would have to fund the removal of the current seats and installation of new seats with no prospect of any revenue generation. If safe standing is given the go-ahead then the capacity of standing areas can be increased, by locking the seats in the up position and not giving people the option of sitting.

As it stands clubs are being pressurised to enforce the law of the land and even if the government does change the law as petitioned, it won't help us unless we gain two promotions.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Does the rule also apply to stewards?

The only people blocking anyone's view yesterday were the three oafs stood in the gang way hoping to work out who threw the smoke bomb.

Not sure how standing there blocking the views of the innocent people in block 2 would have given them any clues, all the evidence is on a computer linked to the CCTV.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Whenever one of these devices is thrown, there must be at least 30 or 40 people around him/her who could identify him/her.
Also, with CCTV, I hope that they are identified and banned.

How do they manage to get them into the stadium?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Quizmike":33d2ws1g said:
Zoo Corner":33d2ws1g said:
It's beyond me that their are a large contingent of fans (or maybe just those that post on pasoti) that feel that standing up is a complete no go at a football match.

Imagine a stadium where the whole stadium sat down for the whole 90 minutes. The atmosphere would be similar to that of cricket. I am sorry but that just isn't football, their will always be fans standing and supporting their team all over the world.

In order to please these bores, lets try promote a standing section of home park? Maybe the club can actually back this and not turn their back on fans who have supported them for years. Closing the zoo corner was one stab in the back, kicking fans out is another level.

Zoo

People are not asking for fans to sit down for 90 minutes. Just not be stood up for 90 minutes

As someone else said, its either safe or unsafe regardless of how often its happening.
If its unsafe to stand during open play then its unsafe to stand when your team approach the opposition box and its certainly unsafe to stand and jump around when a goal is scored.
Ludicrous as that sounds you cant have it both ways... Standing is safe at pre-ordained moments (goals and corners) but for no longer than what, one minute, 2 minutes?? . Thats even more ludicrous.
What about the pogoing in the Devonport. Personally I'm all for it, but if standing isn't safe then jeesh, jumping?! That's right up there for danger with free climbing I guess.
Best football watching experience of the last decade for me? Werder Bremen's safe standing area behind the goal. Fantastic atmosphere, perfectly safe and you could have a beer.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
My preference is to stand for a lot of the time but to be able to return to sitting as the game dictates. If there was safe standing I would miss not having my seat there. When I go to Argyle I choose an area of the ground knowing that I'm unlikely to want to stand as much as I might when watching my own team and have never had a problem of people standing in front of me at HP.

I'm unlikely to be able to sit down at all at Palace this season though. Yesterday in the Lower Holmesdale, where I have my ST, from the back to the front it was standing only for the whole 90 minutes..... however there were not any complaints or requests for people to sit down either by stewards or supporters.

May 1, 2011
DartingtonPilgrim":2opwirpb said:
SwimWithTheTide":2opwirpb said:
Lol, never going to happen.

If the EFL closed a stand due to persistent standing then I think the football family would come together to protest the absurdity of it.

lol , keep doing it then , and get ready to protest if the EFL decide to make an example of a club , if it's ours , there's every likelihood you'll be protesting from outside the ground lol

As every club in England has fans standing I think we can take our chances. Watch avy club away at Old Trafford and you'll see them standing for 90 minutes. Certsin sections of fans aren't going to sit for 90 minutes, so get over it.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Regardless of peoples opinions, their are always going to people who will stand at football matches, this will never change and unless you employ significantly more stewards and introduce a huge amount of banning orders this will not change.

Instead the club should introduce standing sections as opposed to releasing the odd article as well as instructing stewards to try enforce people sitting, this just leads to confrontation.

Feb 27, 2010
Won’t stop it by polite requests, have to be firmer and eject someone to make these people understand - watched the stewards yesterday in their efforts to get people to clear the walkways around the ground - cleared one lot who place was immediately taken by someone else, that will be my pre- match fun sorted !!

Mar 23, 2019
Billyboy":37x5f5sa said:
Won’t stop it by polite requests, have to be firmer and eject someone to make these people understand - watched the stewards yesterday in their efforts to get people to clear the walkways around the ground - cleared one lot who place was immediately taken by someone else, that will be my pre- match fun sorted !!

Some fan you are, wanting fellow Greens to be chucked out by heavy handed stewards.

Horrible post.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Like with referees decisions, it is the inconsistency of application that riles fans. On another forum I have seen pictures of Leeds fans at Bristol pilling on top of each other- which looked far more serious than our own pile up at Crewe. Also at Old Trafford yesterday the whole of the Stretford End , including the front few rows were all guilty of persistent standing- if you can call 90 minutes persistent!

Feb 8, 2005
I don't think that this is going to go away anytime soon.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sp...ews/simon-hallett-makes-plea-plymouth-3198222

Fans v Club will not bring a happy outcome, but I cannot see the Club backing down now.

Fans who stand are putting at risk their ability to attend football matches in my opinion, whether they are season ticket holders or not.

It will be up to the Club as to how far they are prepared to go in order to eliminate persistent standing in seating areas altogether.

Mar 18, 2014
Why?

if the club break the terms of the licence, the ground can be closed to the public, or stopped from holding sports events

Not bothered either way myself, but persistent standing is breaking the law, and it would be easier for the EFL to make an example of a small club like ourselves than one of the big boys.

Also, reference safe-standing
Safe standing is a measure of design in stadia to ensure that spectators are able to stand safely during events. It is important in the context of association football in the United Kingdom, where a series of fatal incidents led to legislation requiring major clubs to develop all-seater stadiums during the 1990s. Since then, fan groups have campaigned against the ban on standing accommodation, arguing that new design options would allow designated standing areas to be built in compliance with all safety laws and guidelines. As these options are outlawed in England and Wales,

please note the terms FATAL INCIDENTS and safe standing options being OUTLAWED IN ENGLAND AND WALES

So you see children, its not about Argyle, or killjoys, or the kiddies wanting to stand, its the law of the land. Best option is to join the crusade for a safe standing area, which Argyle have already said they will introduce once it is legal to do so