Plymouth Argyle v Salford City - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Salford City - the build up

Apr 5, 2008
buck197":15h09npd said:
All this phoney outrage must be from fans who seldom frequent HP as I’ve seen premier league shirts worn on match days. Just maybe these “neutrals” might be impressed and become Argyle fans?
Unbelievable ,do you think Leeds fans for example turn up to elland road wearing shirts from prem league teams.
If Argyle ever made it to the top league ,bet you would still see fans wearing other prem league teams shirts :facepalm:

No I don't want fans turning up in other teams colours pretending to support Argyle,should be stopped from going in the ground in the first place.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I echo the sentiment that any fans wearing United fans should be stuck in the away end or refused entry. It is genuinely offensive behaviour.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Given that we had 12k for the Scunny game and the baggo have said we've sold 9500, we haven't 'nearly' sold out to be fair

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Monster Green":12qre6ge said:
Given that we had 12k for the Scunny game and the baggo have said we've sold 9500, we haven't 'nearly' sold out to be fair

But Scunny was a Saturday, and they were trying to stay up too, so they brought a reasonable number of fans.

Salford on a Tuesday night? Can't see very many travelling.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Argylegames":p1hfj77o said:
Monster Green":p1hfj77o said:

But Scunny was a Saturday, and they were trying to stay up too, so they brought a reasonable number of fans.

Salford on a Tuesday night? Can't see very many travelling.

Exactly my point. Another 2k for us

Oct 24, 2013
PL2 3DQ":3ucskvqy said:
Probably a question for Steve/GOS - when was the last time we played a league fixture against a new team?
I'm guessing Rushden and Diamonds, Fleetwood or Milton Keynes?

This season we have two new teams in Salford and Forest Green Rovers.

AFC Wimbledon maybe? I remember chatting to a supporter of theirs pre match and he was pretty much in tears as he said ours was the biggest ground they’d been to since they came up to the Football League and he was saying that for several of them it signalled for them just how far they had progressed since their formation.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
The more I see of Salford F C the more I dislike them. The Nevilies are from Bury Not Salford, their Dad; Neville Neville (they named him twice) was a Director of Bury FC, has a stand named after him at Gigg Lane. Paul Scholes is an Oldham lad, Nicky Butt is from Gorton, Giggs is well Welsh and Beckham is from Leytonstone, the billionaire investor Peter Lim is from Singapore! also owns Valencia (hence the Neville connection ) for me it's fake made for Murdoch and his News Corp / Sky empire.
When they buy players like Rooney for 300k and pay him 4k a week plus have a deal with Penninsular who built and sponsor their new stadium. I suspect it's money laundering legitimized by the Class of 92 and their tentative links to Salford.
I just don't get it, it's plastic, out spending everyone in their League did not go so well for Bury, is there FFP in non league?
I ask myself when a team like Bury are teatering on the brink of oblivion why has Gary Neville not stepped in to save them? Wonder what his Dad would have thought.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN":13skmltc said:
Come on Davie, I hate the wearing of 'other' shirts at Home Park as much as the next man but the link is very obvious.
I think you’ve misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn’t talking about shirts; I was simply saying that supporters will be more selective about which games they attend in the next 8 days and I wasn’t convinced that tomorrow’s attendance would be near a sell out.
If I had to choose, I would rather watch Reading than Salford. In fact, I’d rather watch Walsall than Salford.
As it happens, I will be watching all 3.

Apr 5, 2008
BHS":1j7uspvc said:
The more I see of Salford F C the more I dislike them. The Nevilies are from Bury Not Salford, their Dad; Neville Neville (they named him twice) was a Director of Bury FC, has a stand named after him at Gigg Lane. Paul Scholes is an Oldham lad, Nicky Butt is from Gorton, Giggs is well Welsh and Beckham is from Leytonstone, the billionaire investor PETER LIM is from Singapore! also owns Valencia (hence the Neville connection ) for me it's fake made for Murdoch and his News Corp / Sky empire.
When they buy players like Rooney for 300k and pay him 4k a week plus have a deal with Penninsular who built and sponsor their new stadium. I suspect it's money laundering legitimized by the Class of 92 and their tentative links to Salford.
I just don't get it, it's plastic, out spending everyone in their League did not go so well for Bury, is there FFP in non league?
I ask myself when a team like Bury are teatering on the brink of oblivion why has Gary Neville not stepped in to save them? Wonder what his Dad would have thought.

Don’t you mean PETER LIM the darts player from singapore who I remember getting the first televised nine darter and the commentator going ballistic,now he part owns salford lol,thought he was still competing on the darts scene,swear I saw him on tv last year.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
Code:
Darts player is Paul Lim the Salford sugar daddy is Peter Lim both from Singapore suspect Peter is far wealthier thou and owns Valencia FC who the Nevilles managed a few seasons back

Aug 28, 2015
argyle.life
Check out our opposition view ahead of the game, with thanks to Football Manc Cave...

Opposition View: Plymouth Argyle vs Salford

Salford has had a lot of stick over the fact that their owners are the likes of the Nevilles and David Beckham. Some might say it’s jealousy, others just think that money is ruining football and they certainly have a lot of it. At the end of the day, the fans can’t choose their owners but it’s them who seem to get a lot of abuse about the situation.

Mar 23, 2019
If theres one game i want to win this season, it's against this horrid lot.

If you have a ticket, make a racket and help bring the points home.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Fergy":1q9jxbzw said:
I echo the sentiment that any fans wearing United fans should be stuck in the away end or refused entry. It is genuinely offensive behaviour.

Oh don't be so precious. You are happy to try and justify flouting ground regulations by standing yet are offended by a handful, if that wearing a neutral team's shirt at a game. Other than making themselves look a bit silly perhaps what harm are they doing? I would concentrate on supporting Argyle and not worry about something very trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Only 10 tickets left now. Seems only a third of block 21 is going to be used.

Shame that we are losing income because we have given Salford 2 blocks for 100 or so fans.

The club need to give 1 block to away clubs with a small following, block 23 would be ample for most visitors.