Plymouth Argyle v Salford City - the build up | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Salford City - the build up

Apr 26, 2016
Salford bless them will bring around a 50-80 supporters so surely the rest of block 21 & 22 should be opened which could give Argyle extra 15k ticket sales. why lose needed sales on segregation just get extra ten stewards ! or put vertical netting in place about four feet high so the fans cant even see each other if there are concerns which beggars belief in the first place.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jerryatricjanner":1r3uz9v5 said:
Fergy":1r3uz9v5 said:
I echo the sentiment that any fans wearing United fans should be stuck in the away end or refused entry. It is genuinely offensive behaviour.

Oh don't be so precious. You are happy to try and justify flouting ground regulations by standing yet are offended by a handful, if that wearing a neutral team's shirt at a game. Other than making themselves look a bit silly perhaps what harm are they doing? I would concentrate on supporting Argyle and not worry about something very trivial in the grand scheme of things.

This. :clap:

If I saw them I'd snigger, but kettling them into the away end, really?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Action Jackson":1ancdeiy said:
If theres one game i want to win this season, it's against this horrid lot.

If you have a ticket, make a racket and help bring the points home.
This with knobs on! I hold that lot in the same disdain as Franchise Dons. :thumbdown:

As this thread is called Plymouth Argyle v Salford City - the build up, maybe people could comment on the actual football match in prospect, rather than what a few people may or may not be wearing in the stands.
The fitness of Joel Grant and Byron Moore, for instance, is there any news on their chances of playing this evening?
What are people's thoughts/expectations on the starting line up and score?
These Daily News and Build Up threads are excellent (usually) but we appear to have lost the regular Line Up & Score Prediction threads, which is a shame.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bananarette":2713vnqn said:
As this thread is called Plymouth Argyle v Salford City - the build up, maybe people could comment on the actual football match in prospect, rather than what a few people may or may not be wearing in the stands.
The fitness of Joel Grant and Byron Moore, for instance, is there any news on their chances of playing this evening?
What are people's thoughts/expectations on the starting line up and score?
These Daily News and Build Up threads are excellent (usually) but we appear to have lost the regular Line Up & Score Prediction threads, which is a shame.

You could start a line up and prediction thread.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Fergy":iprfy25m said:
I echo the sentiment that any fans wearing United fans should be stuck in the away end or refused entry. It is genuinely offensive behaviour.

What an intriguing and slightly vulgar concept. :twisted:

Sep 19, 2015
But why would anybody EVER wear a neutral shirt to a game other than to generate attention towards themselves though? Nobody gives a toss if you support Liverpool or bloody Leeds! if you want to watch a game of football then be my guest, dont try and direct attention towards your pathetic agenda!

Aug 11, 2013
Anyone else think this is a big game psychologically?

We win and Newport was a minor bump. Lose this one and it will feel like we are reverting to a stuttering 'business as usual' start and adding even more pressure to Saturday's game.

Look at this way - Lincoln only lost 7 games last season to become league 2 champions. We've already lost one of those 7 lives in the first 3 league games.

I still think its a transition season and I think Lowe would be well to dial down a bit on expectations ...

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
arrythewurzel":h0ix9lwi said:

We win and Newport was a minor bump. Lose this one and it will feel like we are reverting to a stuttering 'business as usual' start and adding even more pressure to Saturday's game.

Look at this way - Lincoln only lost 7 games last season to become league 2 champions. We've already lost one of those 7 lives in the first 3 league games.

I still think its a transition season and I think Lowe would be well to dial down a bit on expectations ...

After 4 games last season Bury had lost 2 and were 17th and got promoted. MK Dons lost 13 games and got promoted. It is not how you start it is how you finish.

Apr 5, 2008
arrythewurzel":2gj1qhm0 said:

Nothing like being negative because Argyle narrowly lost on Saturday is their.How many teams go throughout the season with losing a few games.Lets look forward to tonight's games and hopefully a nice big win :scarf:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Graham Clark":1fnl3f6f said:
arrythewurzel":1fnl3f6f said:

After 4 games last season Bury had lost 2 and were 17th and got promoted. Milton Keynes lost 13 games and got promoted. It is not how you start it is how you finish.

Or, how quickly your knees jerk!

2001/02 Lost at home (Shrewsbury), drew away (Hull), lost away (Watford) (League Cup), lost away (Rochdale). After 4 games, we had 1 goal in the + column...it was an own goal!

We then beat Rushden and Diamonds 3 - 2 away and the rest, as they say, is history! Record 102 points.

All this talk of "pressure" games after having played 3 League games is total claptrap!

Jan 27, 2012
Promotion is not about how well a team starts the season. Nor is it about how well a team finishes the season. Its simply about the total number of points gained over the whole campaign. Thats just common sense !

However, I do think that after 10 league games or so it is possible to get an impression of how well a team is playing and where the strengths and weaknesses are.. After 3 league games I haven't seen enough football to be able to form an opinion as to whether this Argyle side is likely to get promoted or not.

What I would say is that most fans (and probably the chairman) are expecting a top 3 finish and if Argyle don't at least make the playoffs then it will be seen as a failure. Argyle are a big club for this division and with it comes pressures and expectations that Lowe probably didn't experience at Bury.