Plymouth Argyle v Salford City - the build up | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Salford City - the build up

Apr 26, 2016
The long journey home for Salford just got longer M5 North tonight closed from 8pm to 6am diversion will cause delays
and extended journey. jn 17 to jn18.

Aug 5, 2015
I thought we’d just had a large investment. Not in the Russian oligarch or Thai businessman standard but large nevertheless.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
[quotej="Mike Charlick"]Just wondering if those slagging off Salford would turn down the opportunity of a large investment from a sugar daddy...[/quote]
Exactly what I have been thinking whilst reading all the outrage and envy because a small club has done well. You would think some feel every club should have it's station in the game and no interlopers should ever break the mould. Times change, clubs have good fortune and bad fortune. The likes of Bradford PA, Stockport, Torquay and Barrow were established league clubs when I started following the game but are no more. The likes of Oxford, Cambridge United, Wycombe and Fleetwood replaced them. Others like Yeovil, Maidstone and Scarborough have come in and departed again. In Salford's case half a dozen football mates with local connections and spare cash pursued their hobby after retiring from playing with a shared project to take a local club forward. At the end of the day most clubs enjoying success rely on bigger budgets than their rivals so why should it be that there is so much ire directed at Salford rather than Fleetwood, Bournemouth, Wigan, Wolves or Blackburn over the years? I guess a lot of it comes down to envy and much of it to the Man United connection whereby they would not only top a poll as the most liked team in the country but also would top a seperate poll as the most disliked team.
I'm sure some clubs would look at us with envy having a chairman and his wife investing the best part of 10 million. If Paul Mariner, Paul Sturrock, Trevor Francis, Ashley Barnes and co. all decided to invest a million each in "project Argyle" for a minor shareholding I don't think there would be too much opposition from the average Argyle fan.

Aug 11, 2013
I was taking about the psychological effect on fans and players on 2 successive defeats following a wave of positivity ...

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Home tickets Sold out

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
jerryatricjanner":2sweiwt1 said:
[quotej="Mike Charlick"]Just wondering if those slagging off Salford would turn down the opportunity of a large investment from a sugar daddy...
Exactly what I have been thinking whilst reading all the outrage and envy because a small club has done well. You would think some feel every club should have it's station in the game and no interlopers should ever break the mould. Times change, clubs have good fortune and bad fortune. The likes of Bradford PA, Stockport, Torquay and Barrow were established league clubs when I started following the game but are no more. The likes of Oxford, Cambridge United, Wycombe and Fleetwood replaced them. Others like Yeovil, Maidstone and Scarborough have come in and departed again. In Salford's case half a dozen football mates with local connections and spare cash pursued their hobby after retiring from playing with a shared project to take a local club forward. At the end of the day most clubs enjoying success rely on bigger budgets than their rivals so why should it be that there is so much ire directed at Salford rather than Fleetwood, Bournemouth, Wigan, Wolves or Blackburn over the years? I guess a lot of it comes down to envy and much of it to the Man United connection whereby they would not only top a poll as the most liked team in the country but also would top a seperate poll as the most disliked team.
I'm sure some clubs would look at us with envy having a chairman and his wife investing the best part of 10 million. If Paul Mariner, Paul Sturrock, Trevor Francis, Ashley Barnes and co. all decided to invest a million each in "project Argyle" for a minor shareholding I don't think there would be too much opposition from the average Argyle fan.[/quote]

Far too rational...good post.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Knibbsworth":2uxxgjya said:
PL2 3DQ":2uxxgjya said:
I think there will be several people wearing Man United shirts in the Argyle seats, I know of three planning to do that.

I genuinely hope the stewards don't let anyone wearing Manchester United shirts in the home section. Send them home, free to return when wearing something sensible and less inciteful. Maybe a pie thrown down their red shirt might make the point.
So, just for clarity, when is the pie thrown if they are not admitted and sent home?