Plymouth Argyle's new manager? | Page 95 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle's new manager?

Who do you want? New poll 25 May

• Ian Holloway

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Michael Flynn

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Keith Hill

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adam Sadler

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Warren Joyce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Ryan Lowe

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters
Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Holloway absolutely pood on us but it was 12 years ago and I believe he genuinely regrets how he left us, also he would be able to persuade players to come here. Plus if he takes us up and helps us consolidate in League One (which I believe he could) then that makes up for him leaving IMO.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Nobby":3fm8uov4 said:
Pogleswoody":3fm8uov4 said:
Nobby":3fm8uov4 said:
Ryan Lowe being slaughtered for having commitment issues in a thread where Ian Holloway leads the poll of fans choice for next manager. :funny:

Average home attendance of 9,852 last season? 114 on this site vote for Hollonoway and he is the consensus and 'fan's choice?? :crazy:

It’s a poll for next manager, voted for by fans, on PASOTI. Unless you think PASOTI users do not think the same way as non-PASOTI fans, then this poll indicates Holloway is the fans top choice.

He’s also lead every poll done from the beginning, with much more than 114 votes. It is a fair conclusion to draw.

I repeat, he also led the poll for 'Who don't you want?' Does that one not count then?
We gonna get a PM 'elected' by a handful of Tory Old Pharts and a manager 'elected' by a handful of Pasoti Old Pharts? :think:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":iw5zgmm3 said:
Nobby":iw5zgmm3 said:
Pogleswoody":iw5zgmm3 said:
Nobby":iw5zgmm3 said:
Ryan Lowe being slaughtered for having commitment issues in a thread where Ian Holloway leads the poll of fans choice for next manager. :funny:

Average home attendance of 9,852 last season? 114 on this site vote for Hollonoway and he is the consensus and 'fan's choice?? :crazy:

It’s a poll for next manager, voted for by fans, on PASOTI. Unless you think PASOTI users do not think the same way as non-PASOTI fans, then this poll indicates Holloway is the fans top choice.

He’s also lead every poll done from the beginning, with much more than 114 votes. It is a fair conclusion to draw.

I repeat, he also led the poll for 'Who don't you want?' Does that one not count then?
We gonna get a PM 'elected' by a handful of Tory Old Pharts and a manager 'elected' by a handful of Pasoti Old Pharts? :think:

The people who don’t want Holloway will have voted in this poll for other candidates.

This poll is the opinion of a sample of Argyle fans. Whilst it’s not concrete, it can be taken to an extent as indicative of the wider opinion.

Aug 5, 2016
Pogleswoody":95uy2mqx said:
Nobby":95uy2mqx said:
Pogleswoody":95uy2mqx said:
Nobby":95uy2mqx said:

No other candidate is as popular as Holloway, that is a fact backed up by several polls!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":rs3z0j8n said:
Pogleswoody":rs3z0j8n said:
Nobby":rs3z0j8n said:
Pogleswoody":rs3z0j8n said:
Nobby":rs3z0j8n said:

Average home attendance of 9,852 last season? 114 on this site vote for Hollonoway and he is the consensus and 'fan's choice?? /quote]

No other candidate is as popular as Holloway, that is a fact backed up by several polls!

Sure, I accept that.
I'm querying the extent of the electorate and that is a small part of Pasoti, which is a small part of home attenders, which is a small part of Argyle fans (worldwide).
Democracy it ain't but that is the norm for 2019 it seems. :whistle:

Sep 25, 2010
Knibbsworth":2u8ofk7i said:
Pogleswoody":2u8ofk7i said:
Nobby":2u8ofk7i said:
Pogleswoody":2u8ofk7i said:
Nobby":2u8ofk7i said:

DD

Hollowords is not totally popular, he will split the fan base, wider than the Brexit issue.

He is unpopular with s lot of people.

Do we really need this after last season, when DA also made a significant split in the fan base.

Can we get a manger that will more or less bring the majority of fans back together. Hollowords will NOT do that.

Mar 23, 2008
Martyn":h69lrbiw said:
Knibbsworth":h69lrbiw said:
Pogleswoody":h69lrbiw said:
Nobby":h69lrbiw said:
Pogleswoody":h69lrbiw said:
Nobby":h69lrbiw said:

DD

Hollowords is not totally popular, he will split the fan base, wider than the Brexit issue.

Do we really need this after last season, when DA also made a significant split in the fan base.

Can we get a manager that will more or less bring the majority of fans back together. Hollowords will NOT do that.
He WOULD do if we started winning. He's popular anyway, for those on the fence a few wins would win them around and the rest can go to St James Park if they were still unhappy. I doubt he's coming but no need to hit CAPS lock and have a hissy fit everytime his name is mentioned.

Feb 8, 2005
As of this moment Holloway has 47% of the vote.

This means that 47% of those that voted, voted for Holloway.

This also means that 53% of those that voted did not vote for Holloway but voted for an alternative, so how can Holloway be the runaway victor?????

If more than 50% that voted had voted for Holloway then I would agree there would be a majority of Pasoti voters that were in favour of Holloway becoming the next manager, but as 53% did not vote for Holloway, then the majority did not vote for him and he is not a runaway victor. In fact it could be said that 53% did not want Holloway as the next manager as they voted for someone else.

Mind you he is ahead of anyone else in the number of votes cast, but he does NOT have the majority of Pasoti votes and is NOT a runaway victor.

Mar 14, 2009
What on earth is they obsession with Holloway.

Yes he was good for Argyle. Yet how many years ago was that? We seem to as Argyle fans love to revel in the past.

I suggest those who don’t want Lowe or Flynn they seriously start to worry when joint 3rd in the betting with Holloway is Cotterill.

Imagine him as manager.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
No other candidate is as popular as Holloway, that is a fact backed up by several polls![/quote]

Can we get a manager that will more or less bring the majority of fans back together. Hollowords will NOT do that.[/quote]
He WOULD do if we started winning. He's popular anyway, for those on the fence a few wins would win them around and the rest can go to St James Park if they were still unhappy. I doubt he's coming but no need to hit CAPS lock and have a hissy fit everytime his name is mentioned.[/quote][/quote]

There`s another reasoned argument, well put.

Aug 5, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":ppzsje7h said:

Yes he was good for Argyle. Yet how many years ago was that? We seem to as Argyle fans love to revel in the past.

I suggest those who don’t want Lowe or Flynn they seriously start to worry when joint 3rd in the betting with Holloway is Cotterill.

Imagine him as manager.

The obsession with Holloway comes down to the fact he has been at the club before, knows what he is signing up for, has produced great football at the club two divisions above and has a track record of giving youth a chance and developing academy prospects.

What is more is he has a national profile and would attract signings almost definitely at League Two level.

Meanwhile we are happy for a rookie manager to use our club as a doormat while he tries to get leverage at his current employer and/or find an opportunity elsewhere. Sit hanging around for a month while he umms and aaghs about whether he fancies it or not. All the while a far more proven manager is sat there ready to go. Forget Lowe and let Holloway get to work! Any bitter fans, get over yourselves, otherwise don't whinge about the long ball when it comes because Holloway never played like that.

Mar 14, 2009
Knibbsworth":3pua17xr said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3pua17xr said:

Imagine him as manager.

The obsession with Holloway comes down to the fact he has been at the club before, knows what he is signing up for, has produced great football at the club two divisions above and has a track record of giving youth a chance and developing academy prospects.

What is more is he has a national profile and would attract signings almost definitely at League Two level.

Meanwhile we are happy for a rookie manager to use our club as a doormat while he tries to get leverage at his current employer and/or find an opportunity elsewhere. Sit hanging around for a month while he umms and aaghs about whether he fancies it or not. All the while a far more proven manager is sat there ready to go. Forget Lowe and let Holloway get to work! Any bitter fans, get over yourselves, otherwise don't whinge about the long ball when it comes because Holloway never played like that.

A proven manager before 2012.

Have a look at his last three jobs. Six years have passed since. That’s a long time to be unsuccessful in football.

Football changes fast. Has Holloway proven with his last two clubs he is changing and adapting successfully with it?

If we want proven managers before 2012 then l suggest he isn’t the only decent candidate out there.

Aug 5, 2016
All a load of nonsense. One of the criticisms of Mike Flynn is that all he does is play it long to a big man up front. So you can get to playoff finals launching it with no finesse apparently, at the same time as making the point that the game is far too advanced and nuanced for Ian Holloway to understand any more. Which overly simplistic point are you pushing this time?

As for Holloway's last three jobs being failures (getting Crystal Palace to the Prem?), can you talk me through that. Millwall and QPR have hardly kicked on significantly since he left (Millwall only just about stayed up again this season), which suggests he wasn't the problem holding those clubs back. Millwall aren't particularly a force in the second tier and QPR have issues of their own - Holloway was sacked in 16th position 12 months ago and they finished 19th this season under Steve McClaren.

He brought through some promising young lads at those clubs, Smyth, Manning, Osayi Samuel and particularly Eze at QPR, a very promising young player who is getting better and better. He was 18 when Holloway gave him a run of starts, and he made 42 appearances in the Championship last season aged 20 which suggests subsequent coaches agree he's good enough for them too. The other youngsters got loaned out and replaced and then McClaren finished 3 positions lower! Holloway did it with Gosling before with us. He knows how to pick a young player out and make a first teamer out of them, exactly what we could do with more of next season at Home Park.

I'd love to see Ollie come in and make Cooper his number 1, build the lad up and make him feel like a world beater. Do Ryan Lowe and Mike Flynn have previous for doing this the way dinosaur Holloway has?

You consider Holloway a failure at QPR and yet whilst giving youth a chance he was only marginally behind Harry Redknapp as having the best win percentage of the Tony Fernandes era - better than McClaren, Hasselbaink, Mark Hughes and Chris Ramsey. And he did better using a lot of youngsters. So how does that constitute failure exactly? Spending nothing, giving academy lads a chance and doing better than your predecessors as well as ahead of 8 other clubs at his time of sacking is hardly failing in my book.