Ramsey | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ramsey

M

MylesPAFC

Shawcross is not a dirty player, he didnt have any intention of hurting Ramsey. Its extremely unlucky for him, ramsey has kicked him as the tackle is coming in that is why it looks so bad. Was definitely not a red card offence.

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
So will Stoke appeal the red card?

I don't think so.

After all of the Terry nonsense, it might have been smart to have avoided controversy.

I'm interested to see what the guys on MOTD have to say.

M

MylesPAFC

Peter_Jones":bnq0kb2u said:

I don't think so.

After all of the Terry nonsense, it might have been smart to have avoided controversy.

No they wont because of the nature of the injury, if he gets back up then the ref would probably just have a word.

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
MylesPAFC":2g4glknz said:
Peter_Jones":2g4glknz said:

I don't think so.

No they wont because of the nature of the injury, if he gets back up then the ref would probably just have a word.

It was either violent conduct or it was not violent conduct.

If it was not, Stoke have the right to appeal, whatever the effect on the unfortunate Ramsey.

If they don't appeal, it tells us all we need to know.

A

Anonymous

I don't think it was violent conduct.

Both went for it, Ramsey got to it just before Shawcross tanked in.

How he didn't break his leg as well is a mystery.

Let's hope the young man makes a full recovery.

Aug 22, 2006
Some credit has to go out to Glen Whelan who stayed with the kid before the physio's could get on, talking to him trying to keep him calm...

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Peter_Jones":i3475eol said:
MylesPAFC":i3475eol said:
Peter_Jones":i3475eol said:

I don't think so.

If it was not, Stoke have the right to appeal, whatever the effect on the unfortunate Ramsey.

IMO it wasn't a red card, but with the nature of the injury it was inevitable. Stoke could appeal, but they won't out of respect to Ramsey. Your statement above is stupid.

M

MylesPAFC

Peter_Jones":3looz8p7 said:
MylesPAFC":3looz8p7 said:
Peter_Jones":3looz8p7 said:

I don't think so.

That doesn't tell us anything. Arsenal are without a player for around 9 months because of an unfortunate tackle. Stoke are without there captain for 3 matches, Shawcross will probably not want them to appeal either he was pretty much in tears as he walked off. As i said he is not a dirty player.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Just an unfortunately timed tackle - it happens I'm afraid. If it happened to a Chesterfield or Rochdale player no one would be making such a fuss.

Of course Arsenal will play the victim card and demand Shawcross be sent to the 'Scrubs.

N

nesbit

crownhillpilgrim":38pvdonb said:
Just an unfortunately timed tackle - it happens I'm afraid. If it happened to a Chesterfield or Rochdale player no one would be making such a fuss.

Of course Arsenal will play the victim card and demand Shawcross be sent to the 'Scrubs.

I thought it was a poor challenge which resulted in a severe accidental injury. But of course Arsene Wender yet again tries to paint a picture of some sort of systematic campaign against Arsenal. I can understand him being emotional, but is he really that paranoid? Liked Pulis' response though.

Bad accident, but nothing more than an accident.

H

hicky4

poor challenge - but it happened so quick and wasn't malicious.

But is it just me or not, but looking at the still on motd it looks like Ramsey's leg is buckling before the actual contact.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

It looked to me that Ramsey broke his ankle before contact was made by Shawcross :?

Either way the tackle was not malicious in the slightest and he had every right to go for the ball.

Jan 26, 2009
Morecambe
Some credit has to go out to Glen Whelan who stayed with the kid before the physio's could get on, talking to him trying to keep him calm...
I agree, Whilst Ramsey's teammate sol was doing his "bit" A stoke player summed up the correct attitude.

A

Anonymous

Wenger gets on my hairly lemons. very unfortunate that his leg has been broken but surely the frenchman can remember that tackle on Garcia by his team!!

Shawcross being selected for England has nothing to do with this incident and rightly so. Lets hope the press make their point and leave it like that rather than blow it out of proportion.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Peter_Jones":p2xly9t8 said:
MylesPAFC":p2xly9t8 said:
Peter_Jones":p2xly9t8 said:

I don't think so.

Violent conduct has nothing to do with it at all. Shawcross was guilty of Serious Foul Play which is a sending off offence.

To quote the "Interpretation of the laws of the game and guidelines for referees" for Law 12 Fouls and misconduct....

"A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play"