Ramsey | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ramsey

Feb 23, 2009
hicky4":3zemluaz said:
poor challenge - but it happened so quick and wasn't malicious.

But is it just me or not, but looking at the still on motd it looks like Ramsey's leg is buckling before the actual contact.

Looks like that to me as well

M

MylesPAFC

Tivvygreen":1oy0maff said:
hicky4":1oy0maff said:

But is it just me or not, but looking at the still on motd it looks like Ramsey's leg is buckling before the actual contact.

Yeah it does close up picture in the paper that proves it. Shawcross contact obviously just worsened the break, hence why it looked such a bad tackle.

Mar 7, 2009
MylesPAFC":tqpp76ab said:
Tivvygreen":tqpp76ab said:
hicky4":tqpp76ab said:

Yeah it does close up picture in the paper that proves it. Shawcross contact obviously just worsened the break, hence why it looked such a bad tackle.

Which paper Myles?

M

MylesPAFC

pilgrim_pete":r5nnvgi0 said:
MylesPAFC":r5nnvgi0 said:
Tivvygreen":r5nnvgi0 said:
hicky4":r5nnvgi0 said:

Which paper Myles?

News of the world. Here is a link http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/7 ... STOKE.html

Mar 7, 2009
MylesPAFC":70xstnr5 said:
pilgrim_pete":70xstnr5 said:
MylesPAFC":70xstnr5 said:
Tivvygreen":70xstnr5 said:
hicky4":70xstnr5 said:

Which paper Myles?

News of the world. Here is a link http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/7 ... STOKE.html

Is that before or after contact though?

M

MylesPAFC

Before you can see Shawcross just about to make contact with him, the leg is not being withdrawn so it must have been before.

Dec 2, 2005
London
First time I saw I didn't think it was a sending off. Late, but that's it. Horrific injury but Shawcross didn't deserve red. Whether he'll be up for playing in the state he left the pitch though...

May 2, 2007
seaton
greengenes":bkzb2o63 said:
A very distressing occurance . A very horrific injury . Unfortunately these things happen . Both players went into a full blooded tackle and the worst happened .
People can criticise as much as they like but every player in a heated game reacted in their own way . You can't criticise any of them even Sol .
How I would react to a situation like that I don't know .

Wenger however much I admire him needs to reel it in a bit though .

If there was ever a post that proves why a forum like PASOTI is so good it's a post like like this. The second part provkes dedate, whereas the first part proves the there is true and usbiased football fans willing to say it as they honestly see it.

In the 5 years I've been on this site I feel this the the best footballing post I've seen.

Aug 22, 2006
RCC Green":v9njwf8n said:
greengenes":v9njwf8n said:
A very distressing occurance . A very horrific injury . Unfortunately these things happen . Both players went into a full blooded tackle and the worst happened .
People can criticise as much as they like but every player in a heated game reacted in their own way . You can't criticise any of them even Sol .
How I would react to a situation like that I don't know .

Wenger however much I admire him needs to reel it in a bit though .

If there was ever a post that proves why a forum like PASOTI is so good it's a post like like this. The second part provkes dedate, whereas the first part proves the there is true and usbiased football fans willing to say it as they honestly see it.

In the 5 years I've been on this site I feel this the the best footballing post I've seen.

Fantastic, apart from the sol bit.
What's he moaning about at the ref? Jumping up and down at what?? Did he see the challenge or was he just reacting to a leg break??? Whelan, Bendtnar, etc.. there was a load of players who were acting in the interest of Ramsey...hey don't get me wrong, Campbell was probably concerned, but his actions from the tackle till the final whistle were one of strangeness... is that a word? It's almost as though he isn't that bothered...sort of acting like a hollywood actor (fabregas was the same.) Sol is the equivelent of michael owen... very snakey... Never trust them if they ask you to borrow some cash! :)

ps - i've seen this tackle from various iso angles - and you can hear the break - ramsey just about touches the ball before shawcross... and the defender unfortunately makes contact with him.... his leg is perhaps slightly high but it's positioned side-ways.... Wenger and Fabregas need to chill out on the conspiracy theories... Tony Pulis will probably agree...

Eduardo, Diaby, now Ramsey. I know Arsene thinks it's because everyone wants to kill his players, but maybe (horror of horrors) there is no blame to be apportioned for this sequence of injuries. Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe there's no conspiracy. Maybe just everyone else is bigger and stronger than Arsenal players.

An interesting point was made in the comments section under one of the thousands of articles on the injury (TheOffside.com).

Me and my dad were talking last night, and he made an interesting point. Maybe its Arsenal’s playing style that makes them more vulnerable to this kind of accident. Arsenal players seem to make the pass/touch at the very last possible moment – this draws in tackles and makes them vulnerable.

If Arsene has to blame someone (and apparently he does), then that would actually point the finger at him for making his team play like a bunch of (very talented) jessies.

But I don't think any blame is neccessary. Horrible accident.

Jan 28, 2010
Plymouth
Could be wrong, but to me it didn't look as if Shawcross caught Ramsey with his studs/boot, but looks as if he caught him with half way up his shin (ie. shin pad to shin pad).

From the "Freeze Frame" on MOTD does look as if Ramseys ankle already turned, but probably the force of the 2 players coming together made the injury worse....

Not sure it was a sending off decision either, just a reaction by the referee to the injury....

Feel sorry for both players....

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I've deliberately avoided looking at any of the film or pictures of the tackle and damage it caused because I just can't take that kind of thing. However, I am impressed by the pictures of Glen Whelan supporting Ramsey in the immediate aftermath of the tackle and his comments in an interview on the BBC website in which he talks about being the next player in after the tackle occured and how he talked to Ramsey and helped him through the initial pain and shock until the medical staff took over. I think Whelan has come out of this very well - obviously a mature and caring individual with deep concern for his peers. In a world where football is all about money and winning it's good to see someone overcoming the messy/nasty side of this and behaving like he did - PFA Player of the Year material I reckon.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
ElDuderino":32uvy0v4 said:
The Doctor":32uvy0v4 said:
I think Whelan has come out of this very well - PFA Player of the Year material I reckon.

:?

Obviously it's not likely to happen, but it would make a change for the award to go to a player who showed that he cared about the well-being of a young player on the opposition team to the extent that Whelan did rather than one of the usual bigshots who is more likely to be noticed for gambling, philandering or generally being completely obnoxious. That's all I meant.