Ramsey | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ramsey

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
It was badly mistimed but not malicious, it would not surprise me if Shawcross withdraws from the England squad. I hope Ramsey makes a full recovery he is a good young player.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
greenmatbor3":1v1pbxuz said:
Peter_Jones":1v1pbxuz said:
MylesPAFC":1v1pbxuz said:
Peter_Jones":1v1pbxuz said:
So will Stoke appeal the red card?

I don't think so.

After all of the Terry nonsense, it might have been smart to have avoided controversy.

I'm interested to see what the guys on MOTD have to say.

No they wont because of the nature of the injury, if he gets back up then the ref would probably just have a word.

It was either violent conduct or it was not violent conduct.

If it was not, Stoke have the right to appeal, whatever the effect on the unfortunate Ramsey.

If they don't appeal, it tells us all we need to know.
IMO it wasn't a red card, but with the nature of the injury it was inevitable. Stoke could appeal, but they won't out of respect to Ramsey. Your statement above is stupid.

I think PJ you're the only one seeing any controversy here. It was an accident.

Shawcross will take the ban as i can't believe he will be in a fit state mentally to play again anytime soon.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Lloyd-Davies14":2duohdtq said:
http://awooga.org/images/5p4ok6t87n2hc77jupd.jpg

Clearly shows that Shawcross did not cause the break. (Look at Fabregas) Get well soon Ramsey and hopefully Shawcross can recover too.
Bleddy Ell :shock: great picture. Ramsey is flying in so fast he looks like he's doing the triple jump at the olympics. This CLEARLY shows that Shawcross is not to blame. Someone should show this to Arsene Whinger.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Lloyd-Davies14":3oue42ex said:

Clearly shows that Shawcross did not cause the break. (Look at Fabregas) Get well soon Ramsey and hopefully Shawcross can recover too.

You must have better eyesight then me then!!

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
leep33":21g8owy8 said:
It was badly mistimed but not malicious, it would not surprise me if Shawcross withdraws from the England squad. I hope Ramsey makes a full recovery he is a good young player.

Agree wih that.

Wenger was talking in the heat of the moment and upset at yet another bad injury for Arsenal but the tackle wasn't like previous "assults" on his players.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Emu":3lrkailk said:
Lloyd-Davies14":3lrkailk said:

Yes it's blurry but look at Fabregas. If anything it is Ramsey flying in at Shawcross.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Lloyd-Davies14":2utm48pm said:

Its quite a unique situation here. Had Shawcross broken his leg in the challenge instead which could quite easily have been the case, Ramsey would be seeing red as his challenge would have been deemed serious foul play too.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Lundan Cabbie":3qu4h6x9 said:
Peter_Jones":3qu4h6x9 said:
MylesPAFC":3qu4h6x9 said:
Peter_Jones":3qu4h6x9 said:
So will Stoke appeal the red card?

I don't think so.

After all of the Terry nonsense, it might have been smart to have avoided controversy.

I'm interested to see what the guys on MOTD have to say.

No they wont because of the nature of the injury, if he gets back up then the ref would probably just have a word.

It was either violent conduct or it was not violent conduct.

If it was not, Stoke have the right to appeal, whatever the effect on the unfortunate Ramsey.

If they don't appeal, it tells us all we need to know.

Violent conduct has nothing to do with it at all. Shawcross was guilty of Serious Foul Play which is a sending off offence.

To quote the "Interpretation of the laws of the game and guidelines for referees" for Law 12 Fouls and misconduct....

"A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play"
We may as well ban tackling all together then, as surly there is a chance of someone being injured in almost every tackle that happens.

Jul 24, 2006
Plymouth
Lloyd-Davies14":3mv2cd7t said:
Emu":3mv2cd7t said:
Lloyd-Davies14":3mv2cd7t said:

Yes it's blurry but look at Fabregas. If anything it is Ramsey flying in at Shawcross.

What does Fabregas have to do with it?

Jul 3, 2006
It's easy to say there was no malice, but that's not really the issue is it?

To use a tasteless example, if someone late for work puts their foot through the accelerator while driving through a residential area, they're not intending to hurt anyone, but there's little doubt that they are responsible if an accident arises from their actions.

A 6ft 3 inch 15 stone bloke flying into a tackle like that better be damn sure they get the ball not the man, because if not something like this can happen.

There's too much recklessness in English football in my opinion, and I do think Wenger has a point when he says that managers are instructing their teams to go in hard on Arsenal, and these kind of injuries will happen as a consequence.

M

MylesPAFC

matt220781":36idnyq1 said:
Lloyd-Davies14":36idnyq1 said:
Emu":36idnyq1 said:
Lloyd-Davies14":36idnyq1 said:

Look at his reaction he has obviously seen the ankle go.

C

Cult Of Personality

Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":2glnwldm said:
It's easy to say there was no malice, but that's not really the issue is it?

To use a tasteless example, if someone late for work puts their foot through the accelerator while driving through a residential area, they're not intending to hurt anyone, but there's little doubt that they are responsible if an accident arises from there actions.

A 6ft 3 inch 15 stone bloke flying into a tackle like that better be damn sure they get the ball not the man, because if not something like this can happen.

There's too much recklessness in English football in my opinion, and I do think Wenger has a point when he says that managers are instructing their teams to go in hard on Arsenal, and these kind of injuries will happen as a consequence.

So what you saying is stand off arsenal let them play and destory you every game

Get into them is the only way to play against them if your not in the top 2 and even then man utd and chelsea are phyiscal against them

Jul 24, 2006
Plymouth
MylesPAFC":4wgpmpv6 said:
matt220781":4wgpmpv6 said:
Lloyd-Davies14":4wgpmpv6 said:
Emu":4wgpmpv6 said:
Lloyd-Davies14":4wgpmpv6 said:

Look at his reaction he has obviously seen the ankle go.

I dont think so as that picture is just before his leg was broken. Also, the player with his arms up is Bendtnar and he's got them up to prove he didnt pull Shawcross as he went passed him. Nothing to do with the leg break which hasnt happened yet! Fabregas is number 4.