Rate the Ref v Wigan - Gavin Ward | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Wigan - Gavin Ward

Rate the Ref v Wigan

Votes: 32 24.6%

Votes: 24 18.5%

Votes: 31 23.8%

Votes: 24 18.5%

Votes: 6 4.6%

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Penlee":ejqou4qd said:
As I say Sarcevic was clearly saying he wanted a contested drop ball. The ref (illegally) overruled his request.

It was frustrating at the time

Clearly??? saying he wanted to contest it? You must have great ears. He may have been asking for the ref to just let Argyle have the ball uncontested right there and also the Wigan players would have been in the referee's ear too. If that were so then I could understand the ref's suggestion of the way to resume.

C

Charles Plym

Just goes to show how totally clueless the majority of fans are when it comes to LOAF and managing a football match . When we played rochdale the majority voted 9/10 for this very same ref . Today its 1/10 not a bloody chance that there were 8 marks between his 2 performances . Yeah he wasnt as good but he did alright but as usual we lost so lets blame the ref . Its bs . This guy wasnt anywhere near as bad as sarginson or kettle . And as for horwood from the oxford game was saturdays ref really as bad as him ????????

Oct 24, 2010
I think referees are pretty much above criticism. As long as there are human beings making decisions there are going to be mistakes. Professional football is played at a phenomenal pace and they have one look at an incident at full speed at ground level with players running across their line of vision. All you can ask is that they make honest decisions based on what they see and how they see it. You can ask for no more and take the rough with the smooth or, otherwise, campaign for the introduction of VAR.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
esmer":3e74apxz said:
I think referees are pretty much above criticism. As long as there are human beings making decisions there are going to be mistakes. Professional football is played at a phenomenal pace and they have one look at an incident at full speed at ground level with players running across their line of vision. All you can ask is that they make honest decisions based on what they see and how they see it. You can ask for no more and take the rough with the smooth or, otherwise, campaign for the introduction of VAR.

:scarf: