Reid to resign soon? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid to resign soon?

Feb 29, 2008
PlymptonPilgrim":2g0oqfuu said:
oggyale":2g0oqfuu said:
UPDATE AS 5 MINUTES AGO - 19.34: The source is apparently close to the Board,in other words friends with a Board member,or members. That is all i know at present,believe what you will.

Oh, for goodness sake, Reid's going nowhere.

Close to the board? An ironing board, a plank?
I will bet anyone a tenner this is a pile of merde.

A

Anonymous

Reid is not a quitter. He took a pay drop to come here. He has publicly expressed that he knew all of the financial pitfalls before taking the job. He knew he had to off load some high earners (Johnson).

He knew the only way he could 'improve' the team was to get some young Premiership talent on board or pick up some out of contract players on low wages. He also knew that Argyle is a football outpost geographically and that would prove difficult in terms of recruitment and travel.

He also knows that his standing the football world would take a massive hit if he quit or 'resigned' unless it was an absolute point of principle that left him with no alternative. Short of the Board trying to pick the team or offering him unfulfilled promises of investment for players it is difficult to see what point of principle this might be. Reid has been around long enough to know the score. I suspect the challenge has exceeded his expectations but he knows he's got to live with it and get on with the job.

From what i have heard his major off field frustration was the fact that he couldn't get a signal on his I-phone in Holbeton and he didn't have broadband for his laptop there either!!!

R

Rupert

PlymptonPilgrim":2mzsfqul said:
oggyale":2mzsfqul said:
UPDATE AS 5 MINUTES AGO - 19.34: The source is apparently close to the Board,in other words friends with a Board member,or members. That is all i know at present,believe what you will.

Oh, for goodness sake, Reid's going nowhere.

Agreed. Reid is enjoying the challenge, if not all of his players' performances. If he wanted an easy life, he would have stayed at Stoke.

Jun 24, 2008
If we lose on Tuesday by as much of a margin as we did on Saturday...he's got to resign and I'd happily hand him the pen to do it.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
macleanie":2spbmd09 said:
If we lose on Tuesday by as much of a margin as we did on Saturday...he's got to resign and I'd happily hand him the pen to do it.

And where would that leave us exactly?

O

oggyale

Well,we can put this rumour to bed now then?. At least for another day anyway.

Apr 1, 2009
If you are going to resign, you resign. If you are definitely going to resign, it serves no purpose to delay, leak it in advance, refuse to name the day etc. Why not just do it?

There are however occasions when people hint they may resign in order to get what they want, despite having no intention of resigning. The threat of resignation is a regular manipulative tool in employer/employee relations, but one that only in a very small percentage of occasions actually ends in a resignation.

People seem surprised that Reid is not happy - I'd be very disappointed in him if he was content.

B

Buddy & Muff

oggyale":3gmx9uuy said:
A mate has just informed me that a strong rumour is going around that Reid is about to resign very soon?. If that is the case,more turmoil on the way then.

For some bizzare reason - I just found myself spitting my coffee all over the keyboard, whilst laughing out very, very loud.

This is a joke right? Can our clubs predicament really get any worse? :lol: :lol: :lol: