Reid to resign soon? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid to resign soon?

Frank Bullitt":33h12a60 said:
Tavypilgrim":33h12a60 said:
oggyale":33h12a60 said:
Well,we can put this rumour to bed now then?. At least for another day anyway.

Do you propose to continue this rumour indefinitely in the hope that one day your are right?

Just like those "in the know" on the investment thread are doing? :)

The investment is def happening, a bit of patience is required that's all.

xmastree":2mdp2544 said:
If you are going to resign, you resign. If you are definitely going to resign, it serves no purpose to delay, leak it in advance, refuse to name the day etc. Why not just do it?

There are however occasions when people hint they may resign in order to get what they want, despite having no intention of resigning. The threat of resignation is a regular manipulative tool in employer/employee relations, but one that only in a very small percentage of occasions actually ends in a resignation.
People seem surprised that Reid is not happy - I'd be very disappointed in him if he was content.

Brian Clough springs to mind! He always threatened to resign at Derby and one day they accepted it!!

Apr 15, 2008
London
oggyale":3d0rmyy9 said:
HBLC":3d0rmyy9 said:
oggyale":3d0rmyy9 said:
What we need is confirmation of sorts from Reid or the club asap.

Do the club really need to quash every stupid rumour on here? Bloody hell.

Well yes. At least it would put the rumour to bed as they say.

They still haven't quashed the Kanu rumour from the summer of '07 yet!! Sort it out, Sir Roy!

P

PlymptonPilgrim

Mr. Brightside":3q0tfw9o said:
Smoke screen?

According to this report it does not appear that he is thinking of resigning, or could it all just be a smoke screen?

Neither does it say that he isn't - could that be a smoke screen?

See what I did there?

Aug 19, 2009
Lord Cuckfield":2jhlopmz said:
Mr. Brightside":2jhlopmz said:
Smoke screen?

According to this report it does not appear that he is thinking of resigning, or could it all just be a smoke screen?

To what end?

Reid told BBC Spotlight: "You don't get easy jobs - it's a great club that needs work and I'll get that work done.

Does that explain? The use of the phrase 'Smoke screen' was being jovial. For instance, previous managers chitter chatter before jumping ship.

C

Cult Of Personality

I think i just heard on sky sports news that he has just gone

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Kind of but not really if that makes any sense at all. If he was going to jump ship, surely he would just do it.

I cant see him scrabbling around trying to find a coaching job elsewhere first he is resonably in demand with his media work as it is.

That's not to say if he feels he is not getting the support of the players or board he wont resign, he just does not strike me as a quitter.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Lord Cuckfield":1umykoch said:
Kind of but not really if that makes any sense at all. If he was going to jump ship, surely he would just do it.

I cant see him scrabbling around trying to find a coaching job elsewhere first he is resonably in demand with his media work as it is.

That's not to say if he feels he is not getting the support of the players or board he wont resign, he just does not strike me as a quitter.

I am not convinced that PR would not walk up the A38 if he was minded. I think nobody ever thought that KK would walk out on England at Wembley as he did all those years ago. I believe PR is his own man and should he feel he is battering his head unproductively against a brick wall, he would walk, I am sure.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
If I was in his position I would give myself two seasons to see how the cookie is going to crumble.

Everyman, woman and dog who knew anything about Argyle knew that this season was going to be a struggle. If it is the same half way through next season then I would expect him to be polishing up his CV.

Jan 2, 2010
Quintrell_Green":3a2tke6u said:
I am not convinced that PR would not walk up the A38 if he was minded. I think nobody ever thought that KK would walk out on England at Wembley as he did all those years ago. I believe PR is his own man and should he feel he is battering his head unproductively against a brick wall, he would walk, I am sure.
Yeah, but Keegan has a box full of "I quit!" forms, and wants to get through them all.