Retained list | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I think Derek wants more than just a captain who can gee up his team mates and ensure they keep discipline as someone has suggested. Sonny might not fit into his idea of a captain.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
pafcprogs":11x1bn42 said:
the most likely departure is sadly Oscar, mobile, more experienced than when he joined and very committed ...and now free..think he might be off.
Not quite free. Oscar is under 24 so we'd be entitled to some compensation should he reject us and move elsewhere

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Anyone have a fag packet calculation of what that might be? Technically we've only developed him for a few years so the income would be minimal, no?

What did we pay for Eddie in the end?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Adam_R":hkjzx659 said:
Anyone have a fag packet calculation of what that might be? Technically we've only developed him for a few years so the income would be minimal, no?

I think we’d be looking at £150-200k range for Oscar at a tribunal

C

CG1983

Adam_R":1yke4fcr said:
ATS would be the most interesting one there. Rest all looks pretty much as expected.

Hopefully Miller will do a "Mellor" and go and excel at another club. The amount of abuse he took from some of our supporters was unreal.
I agree.

Kenny Pester

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2006
Cattedown, Plymouth.
Tugboat":2mrlyrx9 said:
Adam_R":2mrlyrx9 said:

I think that's an optimisitc figure given that Oxford paid an initial £200k for Curtis Nelson rising to £280k.https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37911419. I'm not sure if there is a trend, in that the richer the club, the higher the fee. Look at Ethan Ampadu going to Chelsea, they had to pay an initial £1.3m rising to £2.5m. Surely he was less experienced than Nelson, but as it was Premier League team they had to pay more?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Age gets taken into account. i believe Ampadu was a lot younger than Nelson when they moved.

Jul 12, 2016
Feel sorry for ATS. Despite what Doncaster fans said when he left he played well for us and IMO was a better long term prospect than Sawyer. Sawyer is experienced and reliable but teams deliberately targeted him because of his lack of pace.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I'm one of the few that didn't really rate ATS. I think we can do a lot better. We need a pacy athletic left back who can get up and down, especially with playing 3 up front. I would also expect Sawyer to be severely pushed.

Exciting summer ahead, let's hope that DA gets in some of his first choices.

Oct 14, 2015
It's a big if but if DA could actually get the best out of Wylde I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere who could prove quite useful and offer us an alternative attacking option. Ness and Rubén have both been transformed into excellent team players so it's whether DA can do it with Wylde and if the player himself actually wants it. DA obviously sees something in him as he's signed him twice and the 2nd time on a 2 year deal. Only time will tell I suppose but here's hoping that Wylde can knuckle down and prove his worth...

Aug 17, 2005
Surprised by ATS as I thought DA was converting him to a left sided centre back where his lack of pace wouldn't be so exposed.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Kenny Pester":1vh6grlo said:
Tugboat":1vh6grlo said:
Adam_R":1vh6grlo said:

I think that's an optimisitc figure given that Oxford paid an initial £200k for Curtis Nelson rising to £280k.https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37911419. I'm not sure if there is a trend, in that the richer the club, the higher the fee. Look at Ethan Ampadu going to Chelsea, they had to pay an initial £1.3m rising to £2.5m. Surely he was less experienced than Nelson, but as it was Premier League team they had to pay more?

I think they would take into consideration of the league he’s going to and Oscar seems more developed than Nelson did at the time of moving. Maybe less financial reward on the prospect of Oscars next move than Nelson?