Rick Cowdery | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rick Cowdery

Sep 3, 2009
@ all those saying Rick Cowdery called it as he saw it, as it was etc....the point is he doesn’t. In comms or in interview, he ALWAYS sycophantically, arrogantly sides with Argyle. It’s bullpoo.

May 16, 2016
Rush Goalie":cdnz6bh2 said:
@ all those saying Rick Cowdery called it as he saw it, as it was etc....the point is he doesn’t. In comms or in interview, he ALWAYS sycophantically, arrogantly sides with Argyle. It’s bullpoo.

.......which is how he sees it. Blissfully biased.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would hope all fans, staff and directors ARE biased.

Feb 10, 2019
IJN":jz3x1v51 said:
That player DID cheat today, no doubt about it. Rolling around with his two snapped legs and then straight up and ran off when the red came out of the idiots pocket.
It would be fine for Rick to complain about this type of behaviour but he wouldn’t complain about our players when they dive, which they do, or when theY feign injury, which they do, or waste time, which they do. It can’t be called cheating when the opposition do it but game management/professionalism when we do it. That’s just hypocrisy.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's then the job of the opposition to accuse us of the same. :greensmile:

It's called bias. :lol:

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
GreenThing":14fwm3ym said:
Guiri Green":14fwm3ym said:
On a side note, didn't anyone else hear the Argyle Commentator get cut off by BBC Radio Devon just as he started his summary so they could go direct to St James because the Exeter Manager was about to speak, and we all know that when City speaks, the BBC listen.

It happens on a regular basis. Also, Lowe’s interview was edited and the second half was a repeat of the first, then faded out when someone noticed.

Amateur hour at the beeb again!

Made my blood boil :furious:
BBC Devon Sport's love-in with all things Exeter is completely biased and unprofessional. Why the need to cut off commentator Anthony Waring as he was summarising the Argyle match to go straight over to hear from the Exeter manager? ...and then later when Ryan Lowe was being interviewed to fade him out and go to the Exeter summariser for his comments. Unbelievable.

...and don't get me started on the constant updates on the Argyle frequencies about how the Exeter Chiefs are doing..... :twisted: :furious:

Feb 10, 2019
IJN":3ofgybd0 said:

No, I was right the first time. It’s called hypocrisy. Rick made a right song and dance about Sarce’s second yellow card but I would bet if it was against us he would have been calling for one. You can dress it up as passion and supporting your club as much as you like but at the end of the day double standards are double standards.

Sep 3, 2009
Leigham Green":238tj5m0 said:
IJN":238tj5m0 said:

No, I was right the first time. It’s called hypocrisy. Rick made a right song and dance about Sarce’s second yellow card but I would bet if it was against us he would have been calling for one. You can dress it up as passion and supporting your club as much as you like but at the end of the day double standards are double standards.

Exactly. It’s fine for the terraces, it ruins commentary.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2xt4orli said:
So you never enjoyed Sparksy?
Beat me to it.

Seems it was fine for Gordon Sparks to come out with such things but not Rick as it "ruins the commentary".

Some are using this thread to beat Rick because they don't like him.

Carry on as you are Rick.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I would just point out that whereas Mr Sparks was a fan as well as being employed by the BBC, Mr Cowdery is a fan but employed in a rather senior position By PAFC. I have no problem with him being biased, in fact I would be disappointed if he weren`t, but think that he should show a little restraint as a representative of PAFC.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Jeez, the lad cheated to get Sawyer sent off. Rolled around and then got up and jogged off as soon as the red was shown. Didn’t bother pretending to limp either.

Sarc took the ball for the second yellow and was rightly peed off with the ref for giving another crazy foul in a dangerous position.

I watched it with the Bradford commentary and they agreed about Sarc, he got the ball.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Also, their pitch was a disgrace and they should be deducted points for it. :D

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Daz":1textng9 said:
Also, their pitch was a disgrace and they should be deducted points for it. :D

I remember Home Park being in that sort of state, not in League Two either but the Championship. No calls then for points deductions.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Of course not we're biased towards our club.

It's not hard is it?