Ridsdale cleared | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale cleared

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
No Ridsdale lover here either but I think he is entitled to a "right of reply". Big Government is not necessarily any less intimidating than Big Business when it comes to litigation and publications like Private Eye are often full of stories of local government "harassing" (wrong word but that is effectively what it boiles down to) individuals who seek to fight city hall by their "we've got more lawyers than you could ever possibly have" approach.

A

Anonymous

I'm glad he wasn't done.

It was a trumped up charge by the idiots in the Welsh Trading Standards by the sound of it, no doubt started by a peed off Cardiff City fan.

As someone has already said, what a complete waste of (no doubt English) money!!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
That's clearly upset some who had already hung him out to dry. Ho hum ...

L

Laughter My Ploy

That's clearly cheered up some who grown to love and admire him....oo er

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
lunarjetman":38npahia said:
He shouldn't have used Argyle's Official Site for this statement but I do sympathise with Ridsdale.

People are continually complaining about him and implying that he is corrupt and greedy.

In actual fact, he has probably saved Argyle from oblivian. Yes- for a salary, and yes he likes everyone to know how marvellous he is. But so what ? Without Ridsdale there might have been no football club.

Remember that James Brent thought that Argyle's chances of survival were 10% earlier this year. A number of people "in the know" are saying that Ridsdale has done a good job here. Without Ridsdale's efforts, I doubt that the Brent takeover would be happening right now.

I think he has done little wrong at Argyle to deserve such criticism.

Ridsdale does what’s best for Ridsdale i.e. to further his own personal aims and ambitions. If that happens to coincide with our interest then great – if not then look out! When he first arrived ‘on holiday’ the rats were leaving a sinking ship and he spotted a golden opportunity to get his hands on a football club. Stage one meant fighting off HMRC and buying the club time to recover. That was certainly in our interests so I’m perfectly willing to believe those who say he helped save the club and for that we are in his debt.

Stage two meant finding a buyer that maximised his own chances of taking personal control with the help of a ‘friendly’ administrator. Frankly I don’t believe a word of his now stated preference for Brent – he threw his whole weight behind the BIL bid (right down to the company registration in his home town) and consistently backed the Guilfoyle line about it being the only real option. That’s the one option that just happened to hand him the keys to the club for £1. THAT was definitely not in our interest and damned near ended our existence and may still result in us dropping out of the Football league. Even when it was blatantly obvious Heaney & co. were not going to deliver instead of forcing the issue to get the Brent bid back in the frame he was jetting off desperately trying to find other exceedingly dodgy ‘investors’ that might salvage his chance of getting control. Utterly disgraceful. So if he did save us when it suited him he didn’t bat an eye at risking everything when it didn’t. Even now he wrings the last bit of PR he can out the club for himself.

The sooner he clears off the better.

B

bandwagon

Ave_IT":2957ei1d said:
lunarjetman":2957ei1d said:
He shouldn't have used Argyle's Official Site for this statement but I do sympathise with Ridsdale.

People are continually complaining about him and implying that he is corrupt and greedy.

In actual fact, he has probably saved Argyle from oblivian. Yes- for a salary, and yes he likes everyone to know how marvellous he is. But so what ? Without Ridsdale there might have been no football club.

Remember that James Brent thought that Argyle's chances of survival were 10% earlier this year. A number of people "in the know" are saying that Ridsdale has done a good job here. Without Ridsdale's efforts, I doubt that the Brent takeover would be happening right now.

Ridsdale does what’s best for Ridsdale i.e. to further his own personal aims and ambitions. If that happens to coincide with our interest then great – if not then look out! When he first arrived ‘on holiday’ the rats were leaving a sinking ship and he spotted a golden opportunity to get his hands on a football club. Stage one meant fighting off HMRC and buying the club time to recover. That was certainly in our interests so I’m perfectly willing to believe those who say he helped save the club and for that we are in his debt.

Stage two meant finding a buyer that maximised his own chances of taking personal control with the help of a ‘friendly’ administrator. Frankly I don’t believe a word of his now stated preference for Brent – he threw his whole weight behind the BIL bid (right down to the company registration in his home town) and consistently backed the Guilfoyle line about it being the only real option. That’s the one option that just happened to hand him the keys to the club for £1. THAT was definitely not in our interest and damned near ended our existence and may still result in us dropping out of the Football league. Even when it was blatantly obvious Heaney & co. were not going to deliver instead of forcing the issue to get the Brent bid back in the frame he was jetting off desperately trying to find other exceedingly dodgy ‘investors’ that might salvage his chance of getting control. Utterly disgraceful. So if he did save us when it suited him he didn’t bat an eye at risking everything when it didn’t. Even now he wrings the last bit of PR he can out the club for himself.

Yep, that's the version I'll accept!!

I will also say he is one of the best 'showmen' around - Billy Smart's, look out!!

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Ave_IT":254lwajo said:
lunarjetman":254lwajo said:

With all information made available with regards to this whole sorry mess this seems to be a balanced view imo of course. the problem is his reputation goes before him be it right or wrong and as such will never be trusted by the majority nor should he be with ANY football club.

Dec 7, 2006
lunarjetman":fzmkjeky said:

This. :clap:

D

David Whitehouse

He's completely innocent and is quite entitled to proclaim the fact on Argyle's web site.

It is after all material information for the future of the club.

I am by no means a great fan of his but it is staggering that the case came to court if there was no evidence worthy of being put forward.

Sep 23, 2005
I am quite happy for PR to gorge himself on as much self congratulation as he can milk for himself. Just as long as that promotes an early departure so he can continue his good works in some far off corner of the football community.

Who was that masked crusader? Why that was the Lone Ridsdale!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
lunarjetman":hvao0kei said:

Totally agree 100% :D :D :D :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Oct 24, 2010
lunarjetman":2ao821c9 said:

Spot on, I dread to think what may have happened if he hadn't turned up.