Ridsdale cleared | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale cleared

Derby Pilgrim

Jam First
Jun 20, 2011
South Derbyshire
He may have staved off HMRC but was that a good thing? I remember reading some time ago that if the winding up order had gone ahead HMRC would have appointed an admin themselves and we could have come out of this sooner. If this is true then all the Riddler has done is help drag out the process and make thing worst.

Saviour my arse.

M

Mr Smith

X Isle":1yhfuhko said:
He manufactured the 'fire sale' to suit an outcome that would have benefitted him

:doh:

Yeah it was all just his evil plan all along, nothing to do with stopping the taxman winding up the club or cutting the wage bill that was choking the club to death.

:lol:

Dec 3, 2005
X-ISLE
He manufactured the 'fire sale' to suit an outcome that would have benefitted him for a £1 outlay whilst taking a £20,000 pcm salary in the meantime had it not been for Heaney letting him down. He worked hard for no-one but himself IMHO, the staff saw no benefit, the players saw no benefit, Reidy saw no benefit and as for the results, they speak for themselves. It's only by good fortune that he and Heaney are not going to clusterf**k our future forever, so no credit goes his way for Brent as a (hopeful) eventual outcome.

Do you have ANY evidence of any of the above or is it just your manufactured thoughts?

The Staff - why is it that the Staff always appear to acknowledge PR's efforts on their behalf.

Is it X-ISLE or PASOTI myth that PR was/is being paid £20,000 a month, if not where is the proof of this, I haven't seen it.

Fictitious saying - buying the club for a pound - you actually take on the running costs of the football club immediately.

Manufactured a 'fire sale' - to pay off the HMRC bill.

I would love to see a poll on here.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
derbyshire_pilgrim":24k6rtxn said:
He may have staved off HMRC but was that a good thing? I remember reading some time ago that if the winding up order had gone ahead HMRC would have appointed an admin themselves and we could have come out of this sooner. If this is true then all the Riddler has done is help drag out the process and make thing worst.

Saviour my arse.

See the highlighted bit? In bold and underlined? Well dp, there are 3 words in there that are appropriate.

WINDING UP ORDER.

Not an opportunity for HMRC to get all nicey nicey and appoint an administrator for us but a WINDING UP ORDER.

That's like court on Friday, change locks on Monday, goodbye!

Did he "save" the club, as far as HMRC are concerned? You're too darned tooting he did!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Smiffy - time to call it a day?

You know perfectly well the Laws of the Land, the same as I do and the overriding part of the law is the statement "Innocent until PROVEN guilty".

Now you know that that is correct, regardless of any conspiracies or any other personal hatreds that are invading the grey matter, whether we like it or not, Ridsdale IS INNOCENT there is absolutely no getting away from that fact - and it is a FACT.

Time to move on mate. Ridsdale will be gone in a short time and then you will have a whole new group of individuals to wield your axe at! :lol:

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
derbyshire_pilgrim":30kjd23i said:

Saviour my arse.

None of the above is accurate.

HMRC were seeking a complete closure of the company - this would have assured them (ie us, the taxpayer) a distribution, on realisation of our assets, on more or less the same terms as (what would have been the previously) secured football creditors.

As I shared with a few on this site at the time, I know (via a friend - Judge J rip) that prior to our hearing the presiding Judge favoured our closure with assets scattered to the wind.

Love him or loathe him (& he lied to my face at the Pasoti q&a) the Riddler is central to our continuing survival.

Ridsdale is certainly not an altruist, but who is? I've never met one.

B

bandwagon

If there are 4000 members on PASOTI there will be 4000 individual personel opinons on the guy - I will be soo happy when he has gone, we're close to be able to build this club from the ground up with Brent!!

Bye bye Mr Ridsdale!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

L

Lord Tisdale

He is innocent in the eyes of the law, so that's the end of the matter.

What you think of the law is another thing entirely.

I would file Ridsdale under the same category as bankers. Plays a high-risk game with other people's money without incurring any personal risk or penalties. The same legislation made the world economy fall off a cliff, so excuse me if I still don't view Ridsdale as a saint.

My only worry is the poor fella might lick himself to death.

Jul 29, 2010
Nah, I can't express my arguement as it'll be moderated but I stand by my issue with 'complete vindication'.

On his record you can have your opinions, i'll keep mine. I was duped at the time, I thought it was right to sell the players and clear the WUO. As time progressed however it was clear that in achieving the sub 25% HMRC debt level and the consequent ability to appoint his lap-dog Brendan he stood to gain one helluva lot.

The process was shot to f**k but it's the point the plan started it started that you need to understand. Looking back you can see it was in the plan all along and would've succeded if it hadn't been for Heaney failing to come good with money.

In any event the glaringly obvious question that I have yet to see answered by 'those who'd believe he's our saviour' is this. *IF* his motivation all along was a love of Plymouth Argyle, *IF* it had nothing to do with personal profiteering then why if James Brent takes over is he so quick to run away?, especially when he all over us was like a kid in a sweet shop all the while he could get everything for himself for £1?.

No, he created an opportunity to make money through his actions back in January with the player sales, his actions in recommending self adminsitration to the NWO, his actions in appointing Guilfoyle, his actions in sourcing Heaney and his actions in dragging the process out as long as possible so Heaney could find some money and he could push him quid over the line. We'd have been 'saved' already by HMRC's administrator sourcing the best deal. Ridsdales 'masterplan' just set us back months longer than necessary for his own greed. Nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise.

B

bandwagon

X Isle":1b2qnnq2 said:
Nah, I can't express my arguement as it'll be moderated but I stand by my issue with 'complete vindication'.

On his record you can have your opinions, i'll keep mine. I was duped at the time, I thought it was right to sell the players and clear the WUO. As time progressed however it was clear that in achieving the sub 25% HMRC debt level and the consequent ability to appoint his lap-dog Brendan he stood to gain one helluva lot.

The process was shot to f**k but it's the point the plan started it started that you need to understand. Looking back you can see it was in the plan all along and would've succeded if it hadn't been for Heaney failing to come good with money.

In any event the glaringly obvious question that I have yet to see answered by 'those who'd believe he's our saviour' is this. *IF* his motivation all along was a love of Plymouth Argyle, *IF* it had nothing to do with personal profiteering then why if James Brent takes over is he so quick to run away?, especially when he all over us was like a kid in a sweet shop all the while he could get everything for himself for £1?.

No, he created an opportunity to make money through his actions back in January with the player sales, his actions in recommending self adminsitration to the NWO, his actions in appointing Guilfoyle, his actions in sourcing Heaney and his actions in dragging the process out as long as possible so Heaney could find some money and he could push him quid over the line. We'd have been 'saved' already by HMRC's administrator sourcing the best deal. Ridsdales 'masterplan' just set us back months longer than necessary for his own greed. Nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise.

It's just incredible that fans can't see this fiasco for what it is/was - make it 10 who tried to f*ck this club!!

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I think it perfectly reasonable that people express their feelings about the Riddler.

However, on this thread perhaps we ought only to dwell on the substantive point, that is he was charged by Cardiff Trading Standards and yet when the hearing is about to start, they offer no evidence, citing the unwillingness of witnesses to make statements.

This tells us two things: They did not have any independent corroborative evidence, surprising looking at the charges faced nor any witnesses. It beggars belief that on the day of the trial it only then dawned on them they had nothing.

Love him, loathe him or just indifferent, if you were in that situation you would be justly annoyed.

If I were a council tax payer in Cardiff Id be mightily annoyed at this complete waste of money.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
tonycholwell":7yvumymh said:
I think it perfectly reasonable that people express their feelings about the Riddler.

However, on this thread perhaps we ought only to dwell on the substantive point, that is he was charged by Cardiff Trading Standards and yet when the hearing is about to start, they offer no evidence, citing the unwillingness of witnesses to make statements.

This tells us two things: They did not have any independent corroborative evidence, surprising looking at the charges faced nor any witnesses. It beggars belief that on the day of the trial it only then dawned on them they had nothing.

Love him, loathe him or just indifferent, if you were in that situation you would be justly annoyed.

If I were a council tax payer in Cardiff Id be mightily annoyed at this complete waste of money.

Ridsdale was cleared of fraud charges – so in law he is innocent of that. No argument. But he was guilty of misleading thousands of fans into parting with money for the ‘golden share’ in the belief it would be used directly to purchase players as he promised. He himself has apologised for this saying it wasn’t deliberate as he believed funds from other sources would also arrive at the same time allowing him to keep the promise - but they didn’t (see link if you can be bothered). Why the council pushed ahead with the case if they couldn’t show beyond reasonable doubt that it was a deliberate act of deception (ie fraud) and wasting public money only they can answer. But the idea that the verdict leaves our glorious leader yet again looking like anything more than a bungling, dodgy Arthur-Daley character who shoots off his mouth with glib promises of jam tomorrow is beyond me.

LINK http://www.realradiowales.co.uk/eve...ridsdale-apologises-to-cardiff-fans/u2gs2a8c/

L

Laughter My Ploy

Ave_IT":257jw5b7 said:
tonycholwell":257jw5b7 said:

Ridsdale was cleared of fraud charges – so in law he is innocent of that. No argument. But he was guilty of misleading thousands of fans into parting with money for the ‘golden share’ in the belief it would be used directly to purchase players as he promised. He himself has apologised for this saying it wasn’t deliberate as he believed funds from other sources would also arrive at the same time allowing him to keep the promise - but they didn’t (see link if you can be bothered). Why the council pushed ahead with the case if they couldn’t show beyond reasonable doubt that it was a deliberate act of deception (ie fraud) and wasting public money only they can answer. But the idea that the verdict leaves our glorious leader yet again looking like anything more than a bungling, dodgy Arthur-Daley character who shoots off his mouth with glib promises of jam tomorrow is beyond me.

LINK http://www.realradiowales.co.uk/eve...ridsdale-apologises-to-cardiff-fans/u2gs2a8c/

See I agree with that and said as much earlier in the thread

All the court has said is that its not illegal to say one thing and do something else instead....now if Ridsdale was making some offer linked to season ticket sales at Argyle how much would you trust him to follow through with it....and thats the rub for me

In the same way say you had a director of company who was also a senoir partner in an accountancy firm who leads that company into a £13million black hole administration and protests that he knew nothing of it....would you trust them to give you accountancy advice even though they had done nothing illegal....I'll answer my own question by saying I certainly wouldn't

As for the case going to court or not I'm sure there are many frustrated police men who see cases withdrawn for a whole host of reason just before the go to court....I also suspect that wouldnt stop them keeping a close eye on some of the defendants in the future

If you pop over to any othe Cardiff fans forums they have the same kind of split opinion

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
djg145":375mcgfm said:
X-ISLE
He manufactured the 'fire sale' to suit an outcome that would have benefitted him for a £1 outlay whilst taking a £20,000 pcm salary in the meantime had it not been for Heaney letting him down. He worked hard for no-one but himself IMHO, the staff saw no benefit, the players saw no benefit, Reidy saw no benefit and as for the results, they speak for themselves. It's only by good fortune that he and Heaney are not going to clusterf**k our future forever, so no credit goes his way for Brent as a (hopeful) eventual outcome.

Do you have ANY evidence of any of the above or is it just your manufactured thoughts?

The Staff - why is it that the Staff always appear to acknowledge PR's efforts on their behalf.

Is it X-ISLE or PASOTI myth that PR was/is being paid £20,000 a month, if not where is the proof of this, I haven't seen it.

Fictitious saying - buying the club for a pound - you actually take on the running costs of the football club immediately.

Manufactured a 'fire sale' - to pay off the HMRC bill.

I would love to see a poll on here.

I think the true picture of what the staff think will only emerge after he has left the club. I don't think any of them would say anything against him whilst he is their boss for obvious reasons.

What would you think if you were told you had to work for nothing or the club folds whilst the person telling you was being paid? Would it not have been fairer if what could be afforded in wages was shared out amongst all staff and not all paid to one of them?