Ryan Lowe and Sheff Wed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe and Sheff Wed

Sep 3, 2009
He's a bit of a Billy Big Balls but he's doing a good job so far and has helped put a smile back on the face of PAFC.

Seems clear he's not in it for the long haul. If he gets us up and is offered a bigger move, who can blame him if he goes?

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Yes enjoy the ride. While he's here he'll be totally dedicated to getting Argyle promoted, but he's not some polished diplomat who carefully hides his ambitions to better himself - that's just the nature of his personality, whether you like it or not.

Sep 2, 2008
Pogleswoody":3tenf4d3 said:
Pottypilgrim":3tenf4d3 said:
Pogleswoody":3tenf4d3 said:
edengreen":3tenf4d3 said:
Lowe will turn our like Holloway I reckon
Clearly has ambitions but likes to make the fans think that he follows their club!
Interestingly he is in Merseyside at this terrible time obviously didn't find a nice place to live in the west country with his familly after christmas

You must have seen a different Holloway to the one that I recall.
You must have read a different article about Lowe and the Owls than the one I've just read.

Having a go at someone for being with their (extended) family (even though they can't visit them) during this worldwide crisis is a very low blow tbh. Shame on you.

I think you are why off the mark on this one. Try looking at it this way....he's making the point that Lowe has always said he'll be bringing his family down here to live and despite all the time he's been here, it doesn't look as if thats anywhere near happening. Stop feeding off the frenzy thats happening and maybe it will help you see things a bit clearer

Each to their own Potty, opinion site and all that.
I just thought the way it was expressed was a little snide and underhand.
I'm not feeding off any frenzy, I'm a realist.
If you think the Government creating a 4,000 bed hospital is me in a frenzy then I truly feel sorry for you.
Keep safe mate.

Same to you Pogles. Believe it or not, I'm a realist as well. That's why I've always been saying that I cannot see Lowe bringing his family down here at all despite all his rhetoric. He strikes me as the kind of person that will say/do anything to get whatever it is he wants. Some people call it ambitious, I call it disingenuous and manipulative. Regarding whats happening in our world at the moment...I think its catastrophic and that a lot of people have real reason to be worried. I also think though, that it is something that we can get through if people are sensible, don't panic and take the appropriate steps to protect themselves and others and not go around coughing in peoples' faces like those dicks did in Hitchin. Look after yourself and those close to you hombré. :thumbup:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Sure thing. Sorry guys I'm quite 'vulnerable' as I've had a bad year health wise so apologies if I overreact but it would be typical of me to curl me toes up and miss a promotion!!
I'll toddle off back to opinions!
Love to all.

May 8, 2011
run_PAFC":3v8tp0do said:
I think people are reading too much into this. Why can’t the guy have aspirations?

But are the aspirations for himself or for Argyle or for both?
Only time will tell.
I wonder if Lowe was in the same situation as Adams was when he was about to sign his contract at Morecambe he would have reacted in the same way.

Aug 2, 2011
Football with the exception of the fans is the last place to look for loyalty, commitment and belief in the badge. The average tenure whether by choice or not of a manager is relative short. Why would you uproot family and move away from friends and wider family to move 200 plus miles only to face the prospect of having to do it all over again in another two or three years or in some cases months.

Players and managers alike thump the chest, kiss the badge and say all the things the fans want to hear about their beloved city/towns football team. Then before you know it they have moved on for a better deal or because they have been sacked and surprise surprise they are repeating the same mantra somewhere else. I doubt Lowe is any worse or better in that respect than the other 90 plus similar guys.

Of course he will go at sometime and the more successful he has is the quicker he is likely to be poached. Does not make him a bad person it is reality and a reflection of the ethics of what was once a game and is now a ruthless business.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I have always thought he is here only for the short haul, At an evening with Ryan Lowe earlier in the season I asked him “ if at the end of the season we are doing well and Gary Neville came calling what would he do” he replied jokingly I think “I might if it was David Beckham asking”

Unfortunately because I think he is going to be one of the top managers he will be off sooner rather than later.

He is ambitious our community football will not hold him back if a proper football club further up the country comes after him.

My concern is the lack of commitment key personnel at the club have of moving their families to a local area, Ryan some of his key aids and the CEO Andrew Parkinson.

If it did happen and I hope and pray he is here for the long haul it would be devastating for Argyle, he has really got the club and the fans buzzing.

May 16, 2016
Is this a spin off from COVID 19 ?

Time on our hands with no Football to look forward to, little immediate chance of a conclusion to the Season so lets pull out all the Negatives to keep up the natural downbeat of Football Forums.

If there was Games to debate and analyse would anyone be trying to decide when and where the Manager will go ? I'll agree that He's got a certain Ian Holloway trait when talking to the Media, but we're just sat in Third Place, no garauntee of Promotion even if the Season pause button hadn't been pressed.

He's had one very good end of a Season so far, wait for him to be consistent before worrying about his eventual departure.

May 11, 2019
dunlop said:
I have always thought he is here only for the short haul, At an evening with Ryan Lowe earlier in the season I asked him “ if at the end of the season we are doing well and Gary Neville came calling what would he do” he replied jokingly I think “I might if it was David Beckham asking”

Unfortunately because I think he is going to be one of the top managers he will be off sooner rather than later.

He is ambitious our community football will not hold him back if a proper football club further up the country comes after him.

My concern is the lack of commitment key personnel at the club have of moving their families to a local area, Ryan some of his key aids and the CEO Andrew Parkinson.

If it did happen and I hope and pray he is here for the long haul it would be devastating for Argyle, he has really got the club and the fans buzzing.[quote)

Ryan Lowe like all before and after will either be sacked or poached by another club, no matter how many fist pumps, just enjoy it whilst he’s here, if he leaves us in higher league then Job done and onto the next one!

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Yep, managers are like players - they come and they go. I would be far more concerned, as things stand, if there was a risk of Mr & Mrs Hallett being 'poached' by a bigger club... :) :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I never like managers or players talking about other clubs on this context. Shows a lack of class.

Yes, he can say he has admiration for them from his previous playing days but to say he’d love to manage them is a little disrespectful up his current employer.

We need to use this next 12-24 months to firmly solidify our foundations as a club and enjoy any success we get as we do so. That will make us a far more attractive job to future managers.

I strongly feel our off field actions will prove to be the true bedrock of our future success

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Always think good managers or players moving on, generally means we are doing well and being successful. Equally Norwich not a bad comparison in terms of geography and catchment area have had 13 managers since 2006 of various nationalities and still had some moments in the Premiership. As much as it would be great to have a successful homegrown manager here for a march through the Divisions - For now an upwardly mobile Ryan Lowe and his team will do for me - Good luck to him, doing an excellent job.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Lowe’s agent gets him some national media, good for him.

The likelihood still seems small of a second tier club looking two tiers down and gambling on a manager with a short and decent but not exceptional record in L2. Extremely small.

The frequency of players and management improving themselves while at Argyle is what counts, the length of the stay is somewhat secondary and the bit most often not in Argyle’s control.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The guy is only 41 and probably has at least 25 years ahead of him in football management. For him to say that at some point he would like to go to Wednesday is hardly an affront to his current contract. He has more than enough time if that is an ambition.