Ryan Lowe and Sheff Wed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe and Sheff Wed

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
davie nine":2rylap29 said:
He has a long career ahead of him in football management. He has committed himself to PAFC for 3 years and, depending on his success in that time, he will probably move on.

If he, at least, establishes us in League 1 with the potential of reaching the Championship, he will be ‘hot property’ and may be wanted by better clubs than Sheffield Wednesday.

I hope that he stays for the length of his contract because he has been a breath of fresh air but I feel confident that, if he goes, Simon Hallett will ‘pull another rabbit out of the hat’.

Let’s face it, our owner and chairman is also developing an excellent reputation in the English football community for his honesty and integrity.
Agree with this. We should have no problem with him moving on in time if he leaves us in a much better place than when he arrived. As long as it's done in a decent respectful way - unlike the disgraceful cr@p Holloway came out with. To be fair RL did show genuine loyalty to Bury - and even upsetting a few here by his continued links and talking about them. So I don't think he is a fly-by-night.

I'd be disappointed if he doesn't at least see out his present contract whatever happens. Let's not uderestimate ourselves though. This is a cracking opportunity for an upwardly mobile manager - there are precious few clubs around like us with a very supportive board who will not interfere, financially stable, a good fan base & facilities and most importantly room for improvement. In a couple of years if he has us competing at the top end of L1 or even (dare I say) in the Championship he will have seriously big clubs beating the door down for him. Why risk a move before then that could very quickly go t1ts-up? That's why I'd be suprised if he' not here at least until that contract expires - it would suit him and us - then we part on good terms.

Jul 14, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":t87h89ok said:
The guy is only 41 and probably has at least 25 years ahead of him in football management. For him to say that at some point he would like to go to Wednesday is hardly an affront to his current contract. He has more than enough time if that is an ambition.

Agreed it’s incredible that some people are getting worked up over this. I said to my manager last week that I might want to go and experience different roles in future. It doesn’t mean that I’ll be leaving in the near future.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Hmm, would you rather a club who are a big fish in a small pond or a club who are a much bigger fish in a much bigger pond?

Feb 4, 2020
Lowe apparently told some Sheffield rag re Wednesday...'love the club..hope one day return'....extremely disappointed if he exploiting his charisma n media charm in this Emergency situation..pass the sick bag please..

Surely Ryan you not stoop so low with Footbaĺl n entire Great Nation on its very knees..

He getting superb salary sat at home on Merseyside at the moment..
Ryan I need u clarify these comments as I find it gut wrenching at the dreadful present time

Feb 4, 2020
Guys ..apologies for any duplication..I did not realize 'Lowe n Weds' thread already created..
Just to reiterate Lowe n his bloody sychopant Agent know exactly what they doing big time with exploiting Sky News in particular at this critical time.

Yeh as a fellow PASOTI points out ...what happened to Ryan n entire family moving to Plym area permanently?
V sad in these dark times

Oct 31, 2015
Blimey obviously no football on.

This is not even news and as for the man being with his family. Really !!!!

Some need to go and sit in the garden.
My wife worries about less :doh:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I posted on here before that Ryan Lowe could be a future Wednesday manager and here he is confirming his desire to do that one day. He played there in front of a 41,000 crowd to gain promotion against Wycombe of all clubs, so he knows what a massive club it is. That said, I think it’s a touch disrespectful to Gary Monk who has been enduring a fairly torrid time there since Christmas, but is still currently the manager and secondly, to Argyle his current employers. But yeah, if he leaves Argyle having achieved promotion at least once, I’d be happy if he went to Hillsborough rather than anywhere else. I love both clubs, but only one of them is massive.

Feb 27, 2010
All managers are just passing through, that's just the way it is, if he gets us promoted then good luck to him wherever
and whenever he goes....only supporters stay with a club
at the end of the day.

May 16, 2016
Devongreenowl":21ue8dkv said:
I posted on here before that Ryan Lowe could be a future Wednesday manager and here he is confirming his desire to do that one day. He played there in front of a 41,000 crowd to gain promotion against Wycombe of all clubs, so he knows what a massive club it is. That said, I think it’s a touch disrespectful to Gary Monk who has been enduring a fairly torrid time there since Christmas, but is still currently the manager and secondly, to Argyle his current employers. But yeah, if he leaves Argyle having achieved promotion at least once, I’d be happy if he went to Hillsborough rather than anywhere else. I love both clubs, but only one of them is massive.

Ryan Lowe Plymouth Argyle Sheffield Wednesday
Nathan Jones Luton Town Stoke City

Tight Lines Ted.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Presto":xogeb7do said:
Football with the exception of the fans is the last place to look for loyalty, commitment and belief in the badge. The average tenure whether by choice or not of a manager is relative short. Why would you uproot family and move away from friends and wider family to move 200 plus miles only to face the prospect of having to do it all over again in another two or three years or in some cases months.

Players and managers alike thump the chest, kiss the badge and say all the things the fans want to hear about their beloved city/towns football team. Then before you know it they have moved on for a better deal or because they have been sacked and surprise surprise they are repeating the same mantra somewhere else. I doubt Lowe is any worse or better in that respect than the other 90 plus similar guys.

Of course he will go at sometime and the more successful he has is the quicker he is likely to be poached. Does not make him a bad person it is reality and a reflection of the ethics of what was once a game and is now a ruthless business.
This post nails it for me. Let's be fair, for 48 hours after the result at Exeter there would have been a queue of fans wanting to buy him a ticket to Sheffield.

Jun 27, 2019
Some of the comments on this thread remind me of the response after RL appeared on Sky's playoff coverage last summer saying he was planning for League One with Bury. People (you know who you are) couldn't wait to put the boot in and proclaim they never wanted him as our manager anyway, despite the fact that unbeknown to us he had already agreed to take over.

So he's flirted a little with another club... so what? He's still our manager the last time I checked.

Believe it or not he hasn't signed a contract for life and will one day leave. He'll either be sacked (let's hope not, as that would be bad for both parties), or he'll do what every other successful manager in our history has done and leave for a 'better' opportunity elsewhere.

As long as he leaves us in a better position than when he found us then he'll leave with my blessing. The club has put measures in place to ensure continuity between managerial appointments, so I'm confident they'll get the next appointment right.

Sep 2, 2008
memory man":2jbsnnba said:
Presto":2jbsnnba said:
Football with the exception of the fans is the last place to look for loyalty, commitment and belief in the badge. The average tenure whether by choice or not of a manager is relative short. Why would you uproot family and move away from friends and wider family to move 200 plus miles only to face the prospect of having to do it all over again in another two or three years or in some cases months.

Players and managers alike thump the chest, kiss the badge and say all the things the fans want to hear about their beloved city/towns football team. Then before you know it they have moved on for a better deal or because they have been sacked and surprise surprise they are repeating the same mantra somewhere else. I doubt Lowe is any worse or better in that respect than the other 90 plus similar guys.

Of course he will go at sometime and the more successful he has is the quicker he is likely to be poached. Does not make him a bad person it is reality and a reflection of the ethics of what was once a game and is now a ruthless business.
This post nails it for me. Let's be fair, for 48 hours after the result at Exeter there would have been a queue of fans wanting to buy him a ticket to Sheffield.

I understand this. The issue I and some others obviously have is why say it then. By not bringing his family down, he is showing to me that he is just pretty much saying whatever he thinks we want to hear so we all believe in him. At the extreme, that is exactly what a confidence trickster does. To him, Argyle really is a stepping stone and he will say/do whatever he feels he has to do to succeed. I really do get that but when people try to take me for a fool it really gets under my skin

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":18o4yhao said:

Zackly .. so why would he leave us?? :think:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Sorry folks, Sheffs Weds are a much bigger club than we are, and that's not going to change any time soon, so RL mentioning that he'd like to manage them in the future is really a non issue.

May 16, 2016
Pottypilgrim":f2y0wz05 said:
memory man":f2y0wz05 said:
Presto":f2y0wz05 said:

I understand this. The issue I and some others obviously have is why say it then. By not bringing his family down, he is showing to me that he is just pretty much saying whatever he thinks we want to hear so we all believe in him. At the extreme, that is exactly what a confidence trickster does. To him, Argyle really is a stepping stone and he will say/do whatever he feels he has to do to succeed. I really do get that but when people try to take me for a fool it really gets under my skin

Maybe he wanted to but the rest of the Family decided against it. ? If you're worried about being made to feel you've been taken as a Fool by what a Football Manager says and what he actually does (without insider knowledge), then maybe it's not the Sport for you.

Talking of Confidence Tricksters, I've just released details of how to spot one, along with a Cast Iron way to cash in at their expense. I've made this Goldmine of Information available for a knockdown price for a limited time.