Ryan Lowe and Sheff Wed | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe and Sheff Wed

May 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":2bdpubbh said:
Devongreenowl":2bdpubbh said:
Would have to disagree that they have been better for a decade. Five or six years maybe. At one point in the last decade they were L1 and Wednesday were Championship, so hardly. No question they have done amazingly well but I felt it was going to come to an end this season until this untimely intervention. You would then have seen them slowly return to small club status, surviving on crowds of 5-6k which they were doing within the last ten years.

Itā€™s a good point re the grass not always being greener on the other side. History is full of managers who have failed to take the very real step up to manage a big club with a huge tradition. Personally, whilst I rate Lowe very highly and would be happy to see him at Hillsborough after Argyle, I actually donā€™t think he is ready for it. Heā€™s played there and knows the club, but the pressure on a manager at a club like Wednesday is immense.

Eddie Howe has done a great job at Bournemouth but the pressure on him is probably fairly limited. Heā€™s actually well and truly over achieved there. Who would have expected them to spend more than 1-2 seasons in the Prem? If theyā€™d been relegated this season, he would have probably got a big Championship job, but it seems the bigger Prem clubs arenā€™t really interested in him. His best chance is to get back up there with one of the big Championship clubs and go from there.

I think we should forgive Bournemouth ONE mid season finish in their climb from the fourth tier to the top table. No other clubs' achievements compare to Bournemouth's over the last ten years let alone Sheffield Wednesday.

Yes but the pressure to succeed at Sheffield Wednesday is immense, almost as big as the sense of disappointment they must reguarly feel when they don't. Even with their small Crowds but significant financial backing, Bournemouth have surpassed everything the self proclaimed big clubs have managed to do in a very long time.

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":344e9t6g said:
Probably, he will be asked to elaborate on his comment when he is on Twitter at midday today.
Yep:

paul wood@1966woody
@Only1Argyle we all seen the recent interview where you mentioned Sheffield Wednesday, should we be worried ?

Plymouth Argyle FC@Only1Argyle
No, you shouldn't be worried. It was blown out proportion.
I was asked a question, I answered it fairly. I am the Argyle manager and I am loving every minute of it, and excited by the project.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Thanks, KIG.
Can I listen to a recording of Ryanā€™s hour on Twitter?
Iā€™ve only used it to find out our team before it appears on Pasoti.

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":37i2dzuk said:
Thanks, KIG.
No it's just typed out question and answers. I thought it was later today :doh: so have just been to their Twitter page and scrolled through them.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Lundan Cabbie":32kpcpmz said:
Devongreenowl":32kpcpmz said:
Would have to disagree that they have been better for a decade. Five or six years maybe. At one point in the last decade they were L1 and Wednesday were Championship, so hardly. No question they have done amazingly well but I felt it was going to come to an end this season until this untimely intervention. You would then have seen them slowly return to small club status, surviving on crowds of 5-6k which they were doing within the last ten years.

Itā€™s a good point re the grass not always being greener on the other side. History is full of managers who have failed to take the very real step up to manage a big club with a huge tradition. Personally, whilst I rate Lowe very highly and would be happy to see him at Hillsborough after Argyle, I actually donā€™t think he is ready for it. Heā€™s played there and knows the club, but the pressure on a manager at a club like Wednesday is immense.

Eddie Howe has done a great job at Bournemouth but the pressure on him is probably fairly limited. Heā€™s actually well and truly over achieved there. Who would have expected them to spend more than 1-2 seasons in the Prem? If theyā€™d been relegated this season, he would have probably got a big Championship job, but it seems the bigger Prem clubs arenā€™t really interested in him. His best chance is to get back up there with one of the big Championship clubs and go from there.

I think we should forgive Bournemouth ONE mid season finish in their climb from the fourth tier to the top table. No other clubs' achievements compare to Bournemouth's over the last ten years let alone Sheffield Wednesday.

I didnā€™t say we did Cabbie. I just pointed out that itā€™s five or six years and not a decade. It has been amazing but unfortunately only about 10,000 locals get to see them because their ground is still pretty much the same size as it was twenty years ago. Unbelievably they have shelved plans to build a bigger stadium which seems crazy.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Keepitgreen":3btb8cbr said:
davie nine":3btb8cbr said:
Thanks, KIG.
No it's just typed out question and answers. I thought it was later today :doh: so have just been to their Twitter page and scrolled through them.
Just read a Herald summary on WhatsApp. I see that Sarcevic and Ryan Hardie asked questions.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":1yhioxyg said:
Lundan Cabbie":1yhioxyg said:
Devongreenowl":1yhioxyg said:

I didnā€™t say we did Cabbie. I just pointed out that itā€™s five or six years and not a decade. It has been amazing but unfortunately only about 10,000 locals get to see them because their ground is still pretty much the same size as it was twenty years ago. Unbelievably they have shelved plans to build a bigger stadium which seems crazy.

How can you dismiss the climb from League Two to the Premier League and say that wasn't amazing?

If in ten years time Argyle are in their fifth consecutive season in the top flight, the Green Army would definitely and rightly be looking back on a great TEN years and not just the last five.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I know you like to pick up everything I say Lundan, but just what is it you donā€™t seem to get when I use the words ā€˜amazingly wellā€™ and ā€˜it has been amazingā€™ in reference to Bmth.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Lundan Cabbie":2gvcnh4l said:
Devongreenowl":2gvcnh4l said:
Lundan Cabbie":2gvcnh4l said:
Devongreenowl":2gvcnh4l said:

How can you dismiss the climb from League Two to the Premier League and say that wasn't amazing?

If in ten years time Argyle are in their fifth consecutive season in the top flight, the Green Army would definitely and rightly be looking back on a great TEN years and not just the last five.

It's amazing what a silent Russian benefactor can do eh? ;-)

Aug 5, 2016
davie nine":2nxwcj3y said:
Thanks, KIG.

It's fairly unremarkable stuff, some good questions but predominantly straight bat answers.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Emu":2zekvb1h said:
Lundan Cabbie":2zekvb1h said:
Devongreenowl":2zekvb1h said:
Lundan Cabbie":2zekvb1h said:
Devongreenowl":2zekvb1h said:

It's amazing what a silent Russian benefactor can do eh? ;-)

Or an American residing Plymothian. It's only a matter of scale. ;)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ryan Lowe has explained his comment on Twitter. Can we move on?
It seems to be DGO v The Rest of the World.
Boring!!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
davie nine":91nv35kh said:
Ryan Lowe has explained his comment on Twitter. Can we move on?
It seems to be DGO v The Rest of the World.
Boring!!!

More a case of SWSOTI now.