Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham) | Page 34 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The thing with the Nixon tweets is that I'm sure they WERE right... but they never said anything about Lowe's willingness to go there, or if it was likely. Just that Bolton were interested and that the compensation would be a certain amount.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
rongreenblood":1r0qk9ws said:
When you think that Ozil at Arsenal is on £350,000 per week, it begger's belief.
It does when you look at his attitude.

I'm getting on a bit now but give me 350k and I'll get a goal from somewhere. :cool:

Sep 22, 2003
Ponty":1e8e10wo said:
rongreenblood":1e8e10wo said:
When you think that Ozil at Arsenal is on £350,000 per week, it begger's belief.

I'm getting on a bit now but give me 350k and I'll get a goal from somewhere. :cool:

The thing is, a good salery is an incentive but only in the short term and ceases to remain so once it becomes your norm.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Bryan_Tregunna":1t0rcose said:
Ponty":1t0rcose said:
rongreenblood":1t0rcose said:

The thing is, a good salery is an incentive but only in the short term and ceases to remain so once it becomes your norm.

Exactly, and maybe explains why, for a while, british youngsters didnt always go on to reach their potential. Got the salary early and then didnt need to prove themselves to maintain it. At the other end of the career spectrum... Bale, Ozil..... big contracts, long contracts, no motivation to actually play the game anymore. Pretty sure an appearance bonus pails into insignificance against their eye watering base salaries.

Wish i could fool my boss into giving me a stupidly high salary to go and play golf!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
pafc_casual seems the man in the know. He has also just announced that McFaz is not taking up his renewed contract offer.

Should this be a PAFC confirmed fact, it will be a disappointment, although I do not think his departure would be felt as much as that of Sarce. I read Everton are off loading loads of players to save wages. Perhaps Conor Grant can lead RL in a possible selection process there.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
pafc_casual":3jyg690y said:
RL has taken himself out of the running, told Bolton he is not interested. :nworthy:
I am not surprised and I believe you.
Clearly, your reputation has not yet reached Skybet as he is still in the running at 7/1. I suppose they will leave him there if anyone is daft enough to still back him.

Jun 27, 2019
Balham_Green":2nxayawx said:
pafc_casual":2nxayawx said:
RL has taken himself out of the running, told Bolton he is not interested. :nworthy:

Took his time though

Why would he have told Bolton he wasn't interested if they hadn't actually made an approach?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
WoodsyGreen":19jr20zj said:
Balham_Green":19jr20zj said:
pafc_casual":19jr20zj said:

Took his time though

Why would he have told Bolton he wasn't interested if they hadn't actually made an approach?

Because there may have been an informal question through outside connections that reach Lowe without going through the club to see if he is even interested in the job before they make an official approach. No point making it all formal if he’s not interested

Not rocket science

Jun 27, 2019
Tugboat":1uuwx0vq said:
WoodsyGreen":1uuwx0vq said:
Balham_Green":1uuwx0vq said:
pafc_casual":1uuwx0vq said:

Took his time though

Because there may have been an informal question through outside connections that reach Lowe without going through the club to see if he is even interested in the job before they make an official approach. No point making it all formal if he’s not interested

Not rocket science

I think you've missed my point. Balham was asking why RL hadn't told Bolton he wasn't interested before today. I'm saying why should he have when for all we know they hadn't got on touch with him - either formally or informally. You even say "may have been". Why criticise Lowe if we don't know either way?

He could have told them last week he wasn't interested but they may not have asked him then.

To borrow your phrase, it's not rocket science.