Sarcevic to Salford? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarcevic to Salford?

Mar 29, 2020
Salford have obviously doubled his wages..(which isn’t hard) that’s why he’s gone...next season is going to be a concern getting League 1 players on League 2 wages... :roll:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Their big bucks spending didn`t see them tearing up trees in the present campaign, steamrolling non-league is a different matter altogether.

Jun 27, 2019
There have been more posts on this thread alone than there has been on the entire Salford forum in the past month.

And that's who we're about to lose our player of the year to.

May 11, 2019
Kersie":17bx8gg6 said:
Salford have obviously doubled his wages..(which isn’t hard) that’s why he’s gone...next season is going to be a concern getting League 1 players on League 2 wages... :roll:

Why how much was he on? Not sure we will have much choice next season with a wage cap Similar to what we spent last season!

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Devongreenowl":2kpa92qg said:
Not that worried if he goes. Good L2 player but hasn’t got the legs, stamina or vision we are going to need at the next level. Been a good servant to the club though, so why shouldn’t he go back to his roots.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I think legs and stamina he has in abundance, Salford aren't mugs !

Mar 29, 2020
I think he was on minimum wage...what’s that £8.50 an hour.....but not 100% sure.....Salford is probably £17.00 an hour.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The footballing landscape has changed and out of contract players will not so much look for an improved contract but for a club who can continue to pay wages despite having no income from fans at games, in other words wealthy owners who will fund the wages.

At the virtual fans forum Simon Hallett said the club will run out of money by mid-July so the question is after that date will SH pay the wages of the players and management under contract and how long for?
There's been talk of not having fans at games until January at the earliest meaning clubs will have no income apart from what the owners or shareholders will pay into the club. The furlough scheme is also winding down from August and will stop in October.

The lucky players in League One and Two will be the ones who will continue to get paid for the next six months or so.

The club might have said to Sarcevic we'd like to offer you a new contract but we can't until fans start coming through the turnstiles?
The club are already locked into contracts with five players plus players with appearance clauses that triggered new contracts.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
WoodsyGreen":162luvow said:
loyal1970":162luvow said:
you say Salford have the money but i am sure i heard that horrible man gary neville say they were skint the other day.

In terms of income and expenditure they will be skint. Take Lim and the 92 away and they would instantly cease to be viable.

FWIW I really like Gary Neville for being a straight talker and passionate football fan. I don't like Salford because of the approach they've taken, but buying your local club with a few mates and watching them rise up through the divisions would be an irresistible experience for most football fans. If myself and a few mates had eight figures between us we'd take Argyle all the way to the Premier League and wouldn't give a stuff what anyone said.

The whole class of 92 buying Salford is all rather plastic in my opinion, the Neville brothers are from Bury, Scholes is from Oldham, Butt is from Gorton (South Manchester), what affinity do they all actually have with the city of Salford? It would be like a group of wealthy ex Argyle players born near Plymouth and a Multi Billionaire Sugar Daddy (who has zero connection with the town) buying say; Saltash United and bankrolling them to the league.
For the average Premier League supporting, Sun reader, Talk Sport listener (Newscorp) who have little knowledge or respect for the football league it’s a nice story they would consider romantic. In my opinion it is far from that and Salford buying the league two 20/21 season in my opinion is anti football.

Mar 29, 2020
But if somebody bought Argyle and bankrolled them to the Premier League but had no affiliation with Plymouth....I guess you would be gutted??? The class of 92 who put money into Salford are treating it like a hobby...don’t you think the owners of Manchester City are treating City like a hobby...but on a larger scale..... It sounds like jealousy to me.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
Kersie":2xh1t17i said:
But if somebody bought Argyle and bankrolled them to the Premier League but had no affiliation with Plymouth....I guess you would be gutted??? The class of 92 who put money into Salford are treating it like a hobby...don’t you think the owners of Manchester City are treating City like a hobby...but on a larger scale..... It sounds like jealousy to me.

Definitely not jealous of Salford FC.

Argyle have been a professional club for the best part of 120 years, we have had some financial difficulties but only in the very recent past, over those near 120 years no one can deny that we have been a league club on merit. We have competed at Championship (league 2 in old money) level but never in the top flight. The Championship is our ceiling, if a sugar daddy with considerably deeper pockets than Hallett i.e: a Lim type, came and bankrolled us into the Premiership, it would be breaking our ceiling by +1 division, in my opinion that’s a much smaller step than taking an 8 tier ‘scruffy’ team with no history of league football all the way to the lower leagues, let alone the top flight! Salford are just not sustainable.

Their are different ways to achieve progress through the leagues, our model looks similar to what Swansea did 10 years or so ago. I would like us to emulate what they achieved, I prefer our model with Hallett’s affinity to Plymouth and Argyle, his long term orientation is commendable.

If progress was achieved with a super rich Sugar Daddy breaking / flouting FFP rules through loopholes, (I think Salford FC’s have done this with Peninsular - shirt sponsor and constructed their redeveloped ground but also built G Nevilles hotel) with no affinity to our club it would all seem very hollow and to be honest a bit dirty.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
If its a good move for Sarce and his family - then great, accept it, move on and be grateful for his contribution to us, which in the last 12 months has been fantastic.

As for Salford - living near to Rushden, i've seen what happens when wealthy people get bored/retire/move on and its not pleasant. My biggest issue is not with them thriving, but they rather hollow chest beating of the Class of 92, the Nevilles are life long Bury fans and watched them go to the wall, Scholes is a lifelong Oldham fan - the emergence of Salford and with it the dirty cash of Sky (who are actively promoting and supporting Salford) are killing the very clubs they claim to support. Even in supposed retirement these blokes put money and self gain over "their team" which to me sticks in the throat somewhat.

S

swendies

As for Salford - living near to Rushden, i've seen what happens when wealthy people get bored/retire/move on and its not pleasant. My biggest issue is not with them thriving, but they rather hollow chest beating of the Class of 92, the Nevilles are life long Bury fans and watched them go to the wall, Scholes is a lifelong Oldham fan - the emergence of Salford and with it the dirty cash of Sky (who are actively promoting and supporting Salford) are killing the very clubs they claim to support. Even in supposed retirement these blokes put money and self gain over "their team" which to me sticks in the throat somewhat.

Well said that man, totally agree. Rich men`s toys.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Voice_of_Reason":31aqajdj said:
If its a good move for Sarce and his family - then great, accept it, move on and be grateful for his contribution to us, which in the last 12 months has been fantastic.

Absolutely spot on.