Sarcevic to Salford? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarcevic to Salford?

Jun 27, 2019
Alan Nixon's tweet copied in Ross Reid, a respected Westcountry journalist.

That doesn't mean it's definitely happening but does suggest the rumour didn't really come from a Sun journalist.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Remember Nixon had Nicky Adams signing for us after he had signed for Northampton.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I think Backinson may come ack on loan to replace Sarce
Think he maybe is better further forward than as the holding midfielder and as if hopefully has been reported we end up in league 1 Bristol City will see another loan to us as a step up in his career

I think if this happens we need a mobile enforcer behind him to win the ball and then pass on we haven't had one of these types in years in my opinion last one probably McHugh/ O'connor

Jul 3, 2013
Sarcevic seemed happy as larry the other day when I spoke to him. The only way he will leave us is if the club let him go or fail to match any appealling offer elsewhere, His family love it down here so I would be very suprised if being close to Manchetser actually bothered them.

May 20, 2020
IJN":3q8jivtw said:
Remember Nixon had Nicky Adams signing for us after he had signed for Northampton.
Remember Nixon said weā€™d appoint Lowe way before anyone else mentioned him. Of course heā€™d get stuff wrong, like everyone, but he gets way more right than wrong.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
edengreen":xhe0ur5r said:
I think Backinson may come ack on loan to replace Sarce
Think he maybe is better further forward than as the holding midfielder and as if hopefully has been reported we end up in league 1 Bristol City will see another loan to us as a step up in his career

I think if this happens we need a mobile enforcer behind him to win the ball and then pass on we haven't had one of these types in years in my opinion last one probably McHugh/ O'connor

I thought Bakinson was OK last season Eden, but not convinced he would be good enough for L1 yet, whether or not Sarcevic goes. I guess there will be a lot of players available, so Ryan Lowe will have plenty to choose from. It may for the first time, become a 'buyers' market (not meaning we should be paying transfer fees btw).

Jun 27, 2019
Bakinson has all the raw ingredients to be a good midfielder but needs work on his decision making. He got caught in possession far too often for my liking - dwelling on the ball as though he was looking for the perfect pass. That DM role is about simple, quick balls. Win the ball, pass the ball.

Coaching should sort that out but there are probably better options out there for League One.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Feb 8, 2016
Stiffler":hjkmg6wa said:
Sarcevic seemed happy as larry the other day when I spoke to him. The only way he will leave us is if the club let him go or fail to match any appealling offer elsewhere, His family love it down here so I would be very suprised if being close to Manchetser actually bothered them.

Maybe he was very happy with a large contract offer somewhere ? Being serious it must be very difficult for most L1/2 to offer contracts of any size until they have some idea as to when crowds will be allowed to return and they can then try and calculate what their budgets will be

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Surely Salford's small crowds wont help paying large contract offers ! It's not the best stadium to play in either every other week.
Still, each to their own.

Sep 2, 2008
Stiffler":3cajkl0t said:

It's all poppycock I tell ya....be interesting to see if Sarce is as vilified as Holloway was if he does end up going....

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Depends if the rumours of a big pay offer from Salford are actually true. If they are, you canā€™t really blame him for going back home if heā€™s perhaps getting a 25% pay rise or more. He probably realises that he is unlikely to be an automatic choice this season at Argyle.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":2c02bmru said:
Stiffler":2c02bmru said:

It's all poppycock I tell ya....be interesting to see if Sarce is as vilified as Holloway was if he does end up going....
Holloway is vilified for "Let's paint the lighthouse green and white" or "The only way I'm leaving this club is if the Chairman doesn't want me" shortly before walking out.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
I wish him well. Itā€™s probably the last decent contract he will get and heā€™s right to try and get the best for him and his family.

And to be fair heā€™s had a blinding season so heā€™s earned it.

I like him. Heā€™s got a good engine on him and like I say heā€™s had a very good season but I also think heā€™s relatively easy to replace.

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
WoodsyGreen":2i2jsx3a said:
I'm sure Bournemouth fans have absolutely hated the last few years and pine for the days of travelling to Rochdale and Macclesfield.

A family member that has supported Bournemouth all his life, Has said to me "as good as it is to see Premier league football, its no longer the same club I've supported all my life". Take that as you wish.