Season Ticket Holders | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Ticket Holders

Yes or no?

• Yes. I always do.

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • No. I've had enough.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Yes, for the first time ever.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • No, for the first time ever.

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
May 14, 2004
PLYMOUTH
This is my club always has been, always will be, if we were in the micky mouse reserve league i would renew, so i guess thats a YES from me :grin:

Jul 12, 2004
I do not anticipate renewing at the moment but that may change, partly dependent on any club ownership change. However my main reason would be financial rather than football. Driving from NE Hants will be very expensive next season with petrol prices likely to escalate to unbelievable heights with the unrest in the middle east. I will down to a few though and local (to me) away games.

Feb 25, 2005
Elburton, Plymouth
Not the simple question it may seem, Immediate answer is Yes of course I will renew, they are my club, and have been the focus of my weekends for years, and the beers before and after, the banter on the "free" bus, have all shaped my Saturdays, and I would miss all of that.

But then I think how completely wretched I felt sat there at the Tranmere game, I left that game vowing that I would not attend the next, without guilt, as they have had my money, but I can choose how I spend my time. I then found out it was forces day, so as son of RAF, ex RAF, and with a son in the RAF, I cannot turn my back on this one!

I just hope that when the dust settles, we have a new beginning, albeit in L2, with the current bad smells blown out of the place, and can again enjoy the anticipation of a new season of being at least competitive, and actually look forward to going to the football, instead of thinking of it as smething we must suffer for the cause!

Onward and Upward - see you Saturday (and most likely next season!)

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Born_To_Be_Green":666uaysd said:
At least I'll get 10% discount next year...

do new owners have to honour the 5% year on year decrease?

Surely a league 2 season ticket will be cheaper anyway? We're still playing championship prices as it is.

I was angry monday and considered not renewing but the truth is i don't think i can do it.

Feb 21, 2008
jimbo_the_green":vlqipqi1 said:
Born_To_Be_Green":vlqipqi1 said:

Surely a league 2 season ticket will be cheaper anyway? We're still playing championship prices as it is.

I was angry monday and considered not renewing but the truth is i don't think i can do it.

This is what I was wondering, how much are we going to be asked to pay for L2 football, surely the season tickets must reduce by a substantial amount.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
I think a number of factors need to be weighed up.

Firstly it would depend on who is in charge. If it is Stapleton, Ridsdale or both then its a definite no.

Secondly the price is important. I wasn't happy with the price of season tickets at the beginning of this season. However I still paid up. They should have been a good 20% cheaper than they were. Taking into account this and another decrease for another relegation then only a reduction in price of at least 40% would persuade me they were value for money.

Finally, do I enjoy watching Argyle anymore? The answer in short for the previous 3-4 years is a resounding no. Having a season ticket has forced me to go along when really it was the last thing I wanted to do. Tuesdays nights for example are a horrible rush and I often end up missing kick off anyway.

In conclusion I am leaning towards not renewing my season ticket for an 11th season. My current plan is to attend about 10 home matches and a couple away. That way I only have to go when I actually want to and I might well end up saving some much needed cash.

P

pilgrimpaul

Anyone know what the average price is of a L2 season ticket?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
pilgrimpaul":3tevx3qp said:
Anyone know what the average price is of a L2 season ticket?

Found these on another forum, they were the prices for this season.

Accrington Stanley £230
Hereford United £270
Port Vale £289
Lincoln City £290
Macclesfield Town £300
Burton Albion £311
Chesterfield £315
Bury £320
Wycombe Wanderers £330
Southend United £340
Gillingham £344
Stevenage Borough £345
Cheltenham Town £350
Northampton Town £350
Torquay United £360
Shrewsbury Town £379

B

Born_To_Be_Green

richy2704":lcmez9dx said:
jimbo_the_green":lcmez9dx said:
Born_To_Be_Green":lcmez9dx said:

This is what I was wondering, how much are we going to be asked to pay for L2 football, surely the season tickets must reduce by a substantial amount.

I was hoping for both a reduction and 10% discount, but I guess that's about as likely as £500k from Japan. I actually didn't bother to go to the Tranmere game, partly because I was squeezed for time, but also because I am reaching the end of my tether. So I'm now paying not to watch Argyle.

I'll be there for more punishment on Saturday, although in all the 40 odd years I've supported the club, it's never been as bad as this. I have no confidence in the players and even less in the management and I have no reason to see any improvement next season.

I'll renew.