Season Ticket pricing for 18/19 released today | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Ticket pricing for 18/19 released today

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I send a lot of stuff via Royal Mail, and I mean a lot!

If you want Recorded it cost £3.00 and that is per item.

I doubt if you could get multiple memberships in a Recorded Envelope.

When I send stuff Special Delivery, that costs £7.00.

Mar 27, 2008
I’m willing to bet we don’t get 3 separate envelopes with the a season ticket in each? They might send 2 as there are 2 separate addresses for the 3 tickets or they’ll send all 3 to mine as I've paid for all 3. We will see.

Apr 6, 2009
if you buy all at the same time and all for the same address with the same card and seats in the same places i would be highly surprised if they all get processed at the same time. I bet all 3 for my household arrive on the same day but watch this space

May 8, 2011
My criticism of the £3 charge is that I don’t have a choice not to pay it, so in effect it is a booking fee.
The Club has caused a bit of a PR blunder probably because they didn’t bother getting feedback from fans about what we would think about it before they introduced it. I suspect most would say just include it in the price and not show it separately.
There have been a number of examples like this, normally over ticketing, sometimes I do wish the Club could talk to fans before decisions are made so they understand fans concerns.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Doesn’t a post and packing charge include paying for the additional staff required to process and dispatch items and is not just the cost of an envelope and postage?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":ydbox2jn said:
My criticism of the £3 charge is that I don’t have a choice not to pay it, so in effect it is a booking fee.
The Club has caused a bit of a PR blunder probably because they didn’t bother getting feedback from fans about what we would think about it before they introduced it. I suspect most would say just include it in the price and not show it separately.
There have been a number of examples like this, normally over ticketing, sometimes I do wish the Club could talk to fans before decisions are made so they understand fans concerns.
It's not a booking fee though, it's the delivery cost. No amount of talking to the fans would change that. Where the club could have done better is explain why everyone has to have them delivered.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
If the club did inform their paying customers the reason I'm sure it would have been accepted by the majority, unfortunately the club has lost its way in communicating to the fans.

I hope they revert back to ST collection once the ticket office is back and running again, I love meeting up with like minded supporters in the queue when we are moani and groaning about how slow the queue is moving and only a couple windows open.

May 8, 2011
Keepitgreen":19jpvzg8 said:
HC Green":19jpvzg8 said:
It's not a booking fee though, it's the delivery cost. No amount of talking to the fans would change that. Where the club could have done better is explain why everyone has to have them delivered.

I am sure if they have consulted the fans before, the response would be, you the Club have made the decision to post out all the tickets, shouldn’t you bear the cost?

I see no reason why a mobile unit or even the shop in the Lyndhurst stand couldn’t have been used as a collection point.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
To get around the health and safety issues of collecting season tickets from the ticket office during the refurbishment the small kiosks in the concourse under the Devonport and Lyndhurst stands could have been used for fans collecting season tickets.
Either during a pre-season friendly match at Home Park or during a designated week for collection.

ST's could still have been sent out by recorded delivery but fans also would have had the option to collect from Home Park - just not from the ticket office.

Edit. HC Green has a similar idea. :)

Apr 6, 2009
to be fair they often have a mobile unit anyway set up so i'm not sure why they couldn't

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
esmer":3i9zlzak said:
Could we not collect from Plumer House?

No, Esmer, they (the Club) have previously said that is not practicable.

Id guess this means by mid-end July the new ticket office won't be in place.

My old friend Richard Blight had the most sensible suggestion, just charge £3 more and say Postage and Packaging included. Would have been less fraught.

I also had to pay an additional £3 for the 1886 membership. For some households with 4 green members who also had a similar package it would amount to £24.

Ouch!

Still, I am sure threads like this will be noted for future seasons.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Maybe they’re not being processed at Home Park what with space at the ground becoming more and more limited. Collecting them from the Crownhill office would be a different nightmare so everything by post would seem sensible. Rather than supporters trying to guess the reasons though, if they simply announced their reasons I’m sure everyone would understand and accept them.

May 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":343je83i said:
Maybe they’re not being processed at Home Park what with space at the ground becoming more and more limited. Collecting them from the Crownhill office would be a different nightmare so everything by post would seem sensible. Rather than supporters trying to guess the reasons though, if they simply announced their reasons I’m sure everyone would understand and accept them.

Therein lies part of the Argyle PR Problem. Nice shiny new Facebook presence and regular emails, good at telling us what's coming up and stuff for sale etc, but sometimes they miss the basics.

If people are prepared to cough up several hundred quid on STs, at least explain why they have to then pay a bit more on top. Especially for those that don't live that far away and used to combine collection with a purchase of a shirt (subject to availability) for the young ones.

Not the end of the world by any stretch of imagination, just a bit annoying, knowing I've just paid extra to now (in all likelihood) have drive to whatever sorting office it ends up at. Possibly, more than once !