Season Ticket pricing for 18/19 released today | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Ticket pricing for 18/19 released today

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
If you take out blocks 16-19 for corporate and family enclosure plus away fans there will be ALOT of sell outs next season even if still in league one.

I can see a big increase on ST sales from this year.

Lundan Cabbie

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Stuart House":2dnzqazv said:
If you take out blocks 16-19 for corporate and family enclosure plus away fans there will be ALOT of sell outs next season even if still in league one.

They must have set a cap for season tickets. They have to at least have sufficient seats to service the new scheme that replaces White Memberships.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
argyleapf":gocv14j3 said:
£54 rise in price for ambulant disabled forced to move from the disabled stand to block 1. With postage amounts to £57 increase. Ambulant disabled no longer receive any discount on tickets, only wheelchair users, who I'm told will be in the front with no rain cover. Most clubs give a discount for disabled wherever they sit. I wish I was able to say forget it , but after nearly 60 years of support I just can't see me doing that. :sad:

This seems to have slipped in under the radar.

Have Argyle given any reason for this?

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Lundan Cabbie":1fv2fay1 said:
Stuart House":1fv2fay1 said:

They must have set a cap for season tickets. They have to at least have sufficient seats to service the new scheme that replaces White Memberships.

I'd kind of forgot that they would need to re-house corporate/directors etc. It's going to be fun which ever league we are in. If championship it would be ridiculous.

If the horse shoe is 12,000 it could break down as 1000 away/segregation - 1000 (two blocks) corporate/directors - 7000 ST (potentially) - leaving 3000 for white memberships/one off tickets.

Lundan Cabbie

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Stuart House":2c3iaifo said:
Lundan Cabbie":2c3iaifo said:
Stuart House":2c3iaifo said:

I'd kind of forgot that they would need to re-house corporate/directors etc. It's going to be fun which ever league we are in. If championship it would be ridiculous.

If the horse shoe is 12,000 it could break down as 1000 away/segregation - 1000 (two blocks) corporate/directors - 7000 ST (potentially) - leaving 3000 for white memberships/one off tickets.

I wouldn’t say ridiculous but it would need careful management of sales for every game especially with the White Membership replacement scheme. At my own club, there are only around 3,000 home general sale tickets per match and for that reason the club had to stop Selhurst 6 and Selhurst 12’s which were the equivalent to White Memberships.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Personally for me this is the reason I bought my first ST in three years, despite not being 100% I can attend every game.

And credit to the club I see they will be running a buy back scheme, for those with tickets who can't attend sold out games.

Apr 6, 2009
Same for me, I know I won't be able to attend every game next season but I wasn't not going to renew my ST

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
David_Fisher":2efpkbcc said:
argyleapf":2efpkbcc said:
£54 rise in price for ambulant disabled forced to move from the disabled stand to block 1. With postage amounts to £57 increase. Ambulant disabled no longer receive any discount on tickets, only wheelchair users, who I'm told will be in the front with no rain cover. Most clubs give a discount for disabled wherever they sit. I wish I was able to say forget it , but after nearly 60 years of support I just can't see me doing that. :sad:

They say the discount wasn't for our disability but because we had poorer services in the disabled stand than now offered in replacement. Yet we now have further to walk for any service, you can't afford to use anyway. Further to walk to our seats. Toilets might be better but the dilapidated toilets we had served their purpose and were a lot closer. I would not be surprised if we will now also have to put up with people in front of us constantly standing blocking our view. A slap in the face for the disabled, who are mostly long time supporter, having a rare day out. After 59 years solid attendance, I am very disappointed, but they obviously feel they can sell these seats, so why worry about a few disabled getting upset.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

May 8, 2011
argyleapf":33w6nikx said:
David_Fisher":33w6nikx said:
argyleapf":33w6nikx said:

They say the discount wasn't for our disability but because we had poorer services in the disabled stand than now offered in replacement. Yet we now have further to walk for any service, you can't afford to use anyway. Further to walk to our seats. Toilets might be better but the dilapidated toilets we had served their purpose and were a lot closer. I would not be surprised if we will now also have to put up with people in front of us constantly standing blocking our view. A slap in the face for the disabled, who are mostly long time supporter, having a rare day out. After 59 years solid attendance, I am very disappointed, but they obviously feel they can sell these seats, so why worry about a few disabled getting upset.

The discount only ever applied to the disabled stand. If you were ambulent disabled and chose to sit elsewhere in the ground you have always paid the full price for your age group.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 31, 2010
Under EFL rules we have to provide 10% of our stadium capacity to away fans, so in our case next season about 1,200 which is about two blocks.
The fly in the ointment is the FA Cup where we have to give 15% of capacity over to away fans.
So do the club use one block as segregation for league games and then use this block for FA Cup games?

Clubs can also request to the EFL a reduced capacity for away fans for a period of time.
Shaun Harvey is in charge of the EFL so he'll probably order a 10% capacity for home fans!

Lundan Cabbie

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":1tg9qxjh said:
Under EFL rules we have to provide 10% of our stadium capacity to away fans, so in our case next season about 1,200 which is about two blocks.
The fly in the ointment is the FA Cup where we have to give 15% of capacity over to away fans.
So do the club use one block as segregation for league games and then use this block for FA Cup games?

Clubs can also request to the EFL a reduced capacity for away fans for a period of time.
Shaun Harvey is in charge of the EFL so he'll probably order a 10% capacity for home fans!

What are the practicalities of segregation below decks?

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
HC Green":1gbcsip2 said:
argyleapf":1gbcsip2 said:
David_Fisher":1gbcsip2 said:
argyleapf":1gbcsip2 said:

The discount only ever applied to the disabled stand. If you were ambulent disabled and chose to sit elsewhere in the ground you have always paid the full price for your age group.

As stated though a disabled discount applies to most grounds, including those we visit, non dependant on having a specified area in which to sit. The lack of a disabled stand or area is not a matter of choosing to sit elsewhere. I will have no choice but to pay the vast increase in cost as I could not envisage missing a game.