Season tickets (on sale from Monday 27 July) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season tickets (on sale from Monday 27 July)

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Martyn":3rkgc7qm said:
xmastree":3rkgc7qm said:
Just something to note.

It was stated today, that 3,500 season tickets have been sold,
say for example, each s/t sold is £250.00 as an average,
that is £ 875,000.00 for the much needed coffers.

Would that help, to stop any redundancies for the PAFC staff.

Being blunt, I wouldn't think for one moment that it would change anything. This is budgeted income that Argyle knew that they would get as soon as STs went on sale. Any redundancies will be used to reduce budgeted expenditure, and lower the gap between expenditure and income.

The ST money is no sense a windfall. What is scary is that it represents a significant part of Argyle's income for the next year. I also assume that you have also not deducted the VAT, so using your £250 average paid, the figure is actually around £730,000.

Agree totally, the £250.00 was a very rough figure, but what ever figure it is must be over £700,000 and rising, depending on the continuation of S/T sales, it is a much needed amount of money for the club, as they have had no income from probably mid March.

What is disappointing to me is that the fact I renewed my ST within half hour of them going on sale, coupled with the fact that I have bought three shirts (which I would not have ordinarily) and five face masks, this morning I received an invitation to renew. I find this to be a waste of monies (postage and stationery) which I and countless thousand others have put into the club. Own goal Argyle.

J

JamieY

justanotherfan":1z13xb8b said:
Martyn":1z13xb8b said:
xmastree":1z13xb8b said:
Just something to note.

Being blunt, I wouldn't think for one moment that it would change anything. This is budgeted income that Argyle knew that they would get as soon as STs went on sale. Any redundancies will be used to reduce budgeted expenditure, and lower the gap between expenditure and income.

The ST money is no sense a windfall. What is scary is that it represents a significant part of Argyle's income for the next year. I also assume that you have also not deducted the VAT, so using your £250 average paid, the figure is actually around £730,000.

Agree totally, the £250.00 was a very rough figure, but what ever figure it is must be over £700,000 and rising, depending on the continuation of S/T sales, it is a much needed amount of money for the club, as they have had no income from probably mid March.

What is disappointing to me is that the fact I renewed my ST within half hour of them going on sale, coupled with the fact that I have bought three shirts (which I would not have ordinarily) and five face masks, this morning I received an invitation to renew. I find this to be a waste of monies (postage and stationery) which I and countless thousand others have put into the club. Own goal Argyle.

Send Physical Literature out - Get critical feedback
Don’t send physical literature out - Get critical feedback

We could write one letter to a household and be criticised by other members of the household (non related) or even those who manage finances separately for not receiving an individual letter.

We also have received feedback that all supporters like to have an individual letter when it comes to renew.

Equally, in terms of costs, we are talking pence to deliver to multiple addresses.
That being said you may have seen that we are now partnered with Sports Alliance (https://www.pafc.co.uk/.../july/pilgrim ... a-partner/ ) to finally have an effective CRM solution where we can proactively gather marketing preferences and reduce costs by delivering to only those who do not have or cannot use email for example.

We’re not quite there yet, but will be soon.

These were also sent to printers, prior to going on sale so will act as a catch all to anyone who hasn’t seen the renew information or haven’t got around to it.

Feedback appreciated as always, own goal it is not, but hope that provides some context.

May 8, 2011
JamieY":22io23vy said:
justanotherfan":22io23vy said:
Martyn":22io23vy said:
xmastree":22io23vy said:
Just something to note.

Send Physical Literature out - Get critical feedback
Don’t send physical literature out - Get critical feedback

We could write one letter to a household and be criticised by other members of the household (non related) or even those who manage finances separately for not receiving an individual letter.

We also have received feedback that all supporters like to have an individual letter when it comes to renew.

Equally, in terms of costs, we are talking pence to deliver to multiple addresses.
That being said you may have seen that we are now partnered with Sports Alliance (https://www.pafc.co.uk/.../july/pilgrim ... a-partner/ ) to finally have an effective CRM solution where we can proactively gather marketing preferences and reduce costs by delivering to only those who do not have or cannot use email for example.

We’re not quite there yet, but will be soon.

These were also sent to printers, prior to going on sale so will act as a catch all to anyone who hasn’t seen the renew information or haven’t got around to it.

Feedback appreciated as always, own goal it is not, but hope that provides some context.

I think the issue is simply timeliness, wouldn’t it had been more appropriate for this letter to have been received before the tickets went on sale and before the announcement was made on the internet.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Can Argyle really rely on this money when,as things stand, we will be lucky to be able to watch games this year. This would lead to refunds.

J

JamieY

Ideal world? Perhaps, though these are not our primary source of information, and are being used to ensure that everyone has the info.

Current Covid World? With everything uncertain, and changing on a daily basis (previously regards to start date etc) it’s almost impossible to effectively plan and deliver the service we’d like to. Sad reality of the current situation. :sad:

May 8, 2011
JamieY":1zxn411s said:
Ideal world? Perhaps, though these are not our primary source of information, and are being used to ensure that everyone has the info.

Current Covid World? With everything uncertain, and changing on a daily basis (previously regards to start date etc) it’s almost impossible to effectively plan and deliver the service we’d like to. Sad reality of the current situation. :sad:

With regards to my comments on timeliness.

I received the letter on the 1st August, it states that tickets go on sale on the 27th July with the comment that because of reduced capacity it may be first come first serve.

A very small probability but a life long season ticket holder with no internet access would have missed 5 days of potentially renewing so may miss out.

So why has it taken so long for the letters to be delivered?

J

JamieY

HC Green":3qcbe1ea said:
JamieY":3qcbe1ea said:

I received the letter on the 1st August, it states that tickets go on sale on the 27th July with the comment that because of reduced capacity it may be first come first serve.

A very small probability but a life long season ticket holder with no internet access would have missed 5 days of potentially renewing so may miss out.

The second point of my reply is the answer to this.

Nov 16, 2006
Just a thought. I successfully bought my new season ticket last Monday.
Five days later I receive a letter from Home Park inviting me to join this season.
I know admin is difficult at the moment, but again it’s an extra cost x how many thousand ?
I’m sure the letters must be automatically sent, but an instruction saying joined out to be written into the software!
Trying to save money for the club.

May 8, 2011
JamieY":2zk17a6t said:
HC Green":2zk17a6t said:
JamieY":2zk17a6t said:

The second point of my reply is the answer to this.

Not really.

Any particular reason why the sale of STs had to go on sale on the 27th July and not the 3rd August when the vast majority would have received the letter.

J

JamieY

So we usually have 4/5 months from start of sales until beginning of season.

This year we have 7ish weeks. Delaying it would have lost another week.

So yes. When we were confident we could go on sale, it was absolutely crucial we did.

Oct 29, 2006
plymouth
A friend is trying to renew his season ticket and keeps getting the message

"We're Sorry!
This event is not currently onsale through the e-Tickets site . Always check onsales dates for all events to make sure that you don't miss out on tickets."

Anyone know if they have stopped selling season tickets?

May 21, 2018
pilgrimage":3czrjxjy said:
Can Argyle really rely on this money when,as things stand, we will be lucky to be able to watch games this year. This would lead to refunds.

Season tickets FAQs "Season tickets are non-refundable" and on closed door fixtures "As such, we hope that supporters understand we are unable to offer credits for behind-closed-doors fixtures during the upcoming season."

Aug 11, 2013
Auckland Green":39sr6shz said:
A friend is trying to renew his season ticket and keeps getting the message

"We're Sorry!
This event is not currently onsale through the e-Tickets site . Always check onsales dates for all events to make sure that you don't miss out on tickets."

Anyone know if they have stopped selling season tickets?

They will need to renew by other means. An email to club asking for a call back seems the easiest way to renew and avoids waiting on the phone forever ... that’s if you can even get in the queue to begin with.

I’ve always managed to renew each year online. I emailed the club after hitting this message. Received a call back after 48hrs. I was told that because my kids have online accounts sharing my email address then renewing online provokes that message which I too was getting. It doesn’t seem able to cope with the same email across different accounts. The ticketing system needs a major overhaul in my view. The kids accounts have been stripped of my email by Argyles staff member and all will hopefully be well going forward.

The club haven’t covered themselves in glory on this with lots of people having issues ... and then today I get a letter inviting me to renew which isn’t a good look.

Jul 12, 2016
We are all facing uncertain futures because of the pandemic.
IMO Argyle are doing what they can in the circumstances and although the system is not as efficient as it could be we need to cut them some slack.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":3u7romqa said:
We are all facing uncertain futures because of the pandemic.
IMO Argyle are doing what they can in the circumstances and although the system is not as efficient as it could be we need to cut them some slack.

Well said Oldage. People moaning because they got a club circular about season tickets and some glitches with on line renewals. According to some, there will be no spectators until 2021 so what’s the worry. Give the club a break. :cool: