Season's suspended *Update* - possible training May 16 | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season's suspended *Update* - possible training May 16

Oct 5, 2013
themightykeithfear":r2o4b9eg said:
Course they do, it’s just funded differently. The poorest get it free in most european countries and the wealthier pay through direct payroll taxes. In this country the wealthiest get it for free, without paying any direct taxes for it. I don’t think we should scrap the nhs, just fund it properly through taxation, rather than giving massive tax breaks to those that fund the Tory party.

I’m interested in your Pasoti name and wonder if you know the player, Keith Fear that is, because when I played for Bristol City youth in 1969-70 he was there training too, he was a small, very skilful and quick striker who had played for England Schools and was really a class apart, and went on to play loads of times for the first team in the (then) First Division (now premier league).

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
philevs":23o585je said:
themightykeithfear":23o585je said:
Course they do, it’s just funded differently. The poorest get it free in most european countries and the wealthier pay through direct payroll taxes. In this country the wealthiest get it for free, without paying any direct taxes for it. I don’t think we should scrap the nhs, just fund it properly through taxation, rather than giving massive tax breaks to those that fund the Tory party.

I’m interested in your Pasoti name and wonder if you know the player, Keith Fear that is, because when I played for Bristol City youth in 1969-70 he was there training too, he was a small, very skilful and quick striker who had played for England Schools and was really a class apart, and went on to play loads of times for the first team in the (then) First Division (now premier league).
Phil, were you in midfield for the Callington school team that lost to St Austell in the county final by any chance?

Oct 5, 2013
jerryatricjanner":1e65wga9 said:
philevs":1e65wga9 said:
themightykeithfear":1e65wga9 said:

Phil, were you in midfield for the Callington school team that lost to St Austell in the county final by any chance?

Hi there, yes I believe so, what year do you reckon that was? I played in midfield and left Callington school in 1969.

Oct 5, 2013
philevs":204ii0ta said:
jerryatricjanner":204ii0ta said:
philevs":204ii0ta said:
themightykeithfear":204ii0ta said:

Hi there, yes I believe so, what year do you reckon that was? I played in midfield and left Callington school in 1969.

PS Was the match played at St Austell FC and was the score 2-1 ?

Oct 31, 2015
philevs":1ps5ia13 said:
jerryatricjanner":1ps5ia13 said:
philevs":1ps5ia13 said:
themightykeithfear":1ps5ia13 said:

Blimey we were at the same school!!!! I left Callington school in
.1985 :coat: :thumbup:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
philevs":1ba0wm59 said:
jerryatricjanner":1ba0wm59 said:
themightykeithfear":1ba0wm59 said:

PS Was the match played at St Austell FC and was the score 2-1 ?

Possibly Phil, I thought it might have been 4 -1 but you could well be right. I remember the whole school turned out to watch the semi final on The Marsh school pitch where Callington Town now play. From memory the team was something like, Martin Heller or Grunt Granville, Malcolm Cleave, Charlie Brown, Peter Coombe, Dave Black, Phil Evans, Willie Maddever, Phil Warne, David Hoskins, Graham Hake, I can't remember the other name. I was 2 years below you, we used to go to the beach together occasionally with our families, our fathers were keen golfing pals playing off 3 and 5 respectively at the time, your Dad being the 3 handicapper. A small world, I remember you trained with Bristol City at that time which made me think it must be you. Are you still in the westcountry? I have lived abroad for over 17 years now. By all means PM if you prefer.

Just an observation. Through all the usual media we have learned the concerns of fans, clubs, chairmen etc on how to close the season. However nothing, (that I’ve seen anywhere) from players. Now I’m normally Mr positive, but just for a moment put yourself in the shoes of a player considering playing behind closed doors before a vaccine arrives.

Firstly, although they’re young, the virus is still potentially career threatening, with it’s affect on muscle power for some after recovery, with no known long term prognosis yet. Would you run the risk?
With no ability yet to carry out immediate pre-game tests, I’d be very nervous about sharing even something as big as a football pitch with 21 blokes sweating, breathing heavily, spitting and coming together in tackles. I’d share the same worries as all front line workers about picking up the virus and passing it to my family.For a game of football?

Add to this the question of how you get a professional game together with all the training staff and club employees required to bring the match on whilst social distancing, just doesn’t sound practical. If it’s an away match does the team travel by coach, which would be barmy, or 25/30 separate cars?

I stress I’m normally a glass half full type, but without a vaccine I can only see more problems than solutions.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
SwimWithTheTide":g5n75hhm said:
I'm against behind closed doors games as they're pointless, beyond training exercises in my opinion.

However, I do have sympathy that the season should be completed and that there are time pressures to do this for a multitude of reasons.

Though I do feel uncomfortable to put our players (and all involved generally) in a position where they would be expected to come up against 100s of other players and staff in a full contact sport, while the rest of the country is encouraged to distance unless absolutely essential.

The open letter from Rick Parry is appreciated though. Clearly in a difficult position, whereby he wants to be transparent regarding plans, but the truth is that no decisions have ultimately been made or finalised. He's just curbing fan expectations.

I personally feel the saddest aspect of attempting to finish off the football season for the relative English Leagues would be the prospect of legal action initiated by either a club/s,/ players / sponsors / media taking place for some obscure omission involving mega bucks. The only resultant winners would be QCs. Given the loss of lives we are witnessing currently and over the past month, such an unfortunate development would be insensitive and unwelcome.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
philevs":3qcujl77 said:
Thanks, have just done so.

I am having trouble sending Phil. I am getting a line saying you may have disabled the facility to receive messages?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Rick Parry has told clubs he thinks games won’t be played in front of fans until 2021