Serious Question (Paul Wotton) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Serious Question (Paul Wotton)

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":32cb6ljc said:
Dan Ellard":32cb6ljc said:
Stop obsessing over what division we sign our players from, actually open yours eyes and see how well they fit into our team. That is what actually matters in the lower leagues.

Today I opened my eyes and saw a non-league standard defence.

It will cost money to sort out- plain and simple.
It cost money to sign that defence - more money transfer fees-wise than last season's defence cost.

Jan 27, 2012
Bristol Rich":3rdmvnwj said:
Hallett and Dunford said on Thursday he does not have a bottom half budget.

I'm not doubting you, but out of interest where was this reported ?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Gibson":1kn9wjn7 said:
Tugboat":1kn9wjn7 said:
Ozzes green blood apparently which is, it seems, enough to coach at the club.

Oozes, not ozzes. :crazy:
The very fact that you make the observation means that you understood the meaning of the post. So, rather than make you look smart, it merely emphasises your smugness. Taxi to Pedant's Corner required.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Bristol Rich":37lawfis said:
GreenArmy1984":37lawfis said:
We have half the season to go ......

Remember last season anyone ?

Remember Argyle isn’t just for Xmas but for Life

Very true but it perfectly legitimate and sensible at this stage of the season to ask what the hell is going on.

Well when you attend more fans forums than games it's easy to sit from your armchair and demand everyone give unconditional support.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
memory man":2d642u8a said:
Gibson":2d642u8a said:
Tugboat":2d642u8a said:
Ozzes green blood apparently which is, it seems, enough to coach at the club.

Oozes, not ozzes. :crazy:
The very fact that you make the observation means that you understood the meaning of the post. So, rather than make you look smart, it merely emphasises your smugness. Taxi to Pedant's Corner required.
Let him have it MM. May have got a slight twinge out of it.

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
Unfortunately, due to circumstance I don't get out 'Argo' as much these days, however I was able to make the Fleetwood game last week. My observation of our defence for that game was that whenever our FB's were getting up the pitch to provide width (in the first half) the rest of the defensive line weren't shifting over to cover the gap. As a result, every time that we conceded possession, a long, humped ball was smashed into the gap by Fleetwood leaving the defence exposed down the flanks. This was particularly noticeable on our right-side.

The second half, this stopped and they were covering the gaps left by the FB's making our defence more solid. This would suggest that Wotton, Adams, or both saw what was happening and addressed it at HT. That alone is enough for me to say that it isn't the coaching. It's the players not doing the basics of defending.

On the flip side, I noticed that at corners we have every player back. Not one player stands on the half way line waiting for a ball out. When you have a 6ft 7in(?) 'keeper - or any 'keeper for that matter, you want to give the guy room to come out and collect corners if possible. I see people moaning that Macey stays on his line too often but what can he doo when he has twenty players in his way at corners? With so many players in the box it gives him minimal room to move, let alone come out and claim a cross. That is down to coaching and what they're told to do on the training ground. Does that instruction come solely from Adams or Wotton?

So that said, where does the buck stop? Is it the FB's for being too gung-ho in getting up the pitch? Is it the centre-halves for not covering gaps adequately when they appear? Is it the 'keeper for not noticing these things and shouting out instruction to his defensive line? Is it the defensive coach?

It isn't all down to coaching by Wotton or otherwise, but it certainly needs addressing or relegation is an almost certainty. We can't keep haemorrhaging goals at home like we are and expect to stay up.

Anyways, I'm off to put my tin hat on as no doubt i'll be subject to the 'How can you have an opinion different to mine based on one game?' posters on here now.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I may have missed something but I thought Wotton was the Assistant Manager appointed by Adams after he unceremonially dumped Brewster. Who actually said he was the Defence Coach?

When we got a great result at Anfield it was described by some people as an Adams defensive masterclass. Now those same people are watching Argyle concede really bad goals on a weekly basis due to shocking individual errors by players signed by Adams and they want to put the blame on Wotton; apparently, it’s nothing to do with Adams.

Does this also mean that Nancekivell is the Attack Coach? If he is, we need to sack him as well because we only have one person who can score and I don’t suppose that’s anything to do with Adams either.

I thought that Adams was in total charge of all football-related issues at Argyle; surely he must be accountable for some of the things that happen on the field?

Aug 5, 2015
I expect he’s on here taking advice from the Pasoti experts on how easy it is to run a football club, coach players to play out of their skins every week and to spot and sign amazing players for no money.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Kentishgreen":2tvs4isp said:
I expect he’s on here taking advice from the Pasoti experts on how easy it is to run a football club, coach players to play out of their skins every week and to spot and sign amazing players for no money.
He doesn’t need advice from Pasoti experts, he’s doing a bang up job.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":1n02dush said:

Stop repeating the no money myth, you sound like Boris Johnson with the 350 million a week line. It's a myth which even Hallett has confirmed is not true.

I hope you don't ever express an opinion on politics as by your logic only the experts should comment. It's a debating board about a team in a relegation battle, whose form over the last 30 plus games has been very poor. It's hardly a shock some fans are asking what the hell is going on.

Aug 5, 2015
When was the last million pound player we bought then. I must have blinked and missed it and yes I have been bored to tears with the political debate over the last two years - same old same old.

Jul 12, 2016
In addition Adams is paid to manage the club to the best of his ability. If the players he signed in the close season are anything to go by,particularly as he allegedly chased them for some time, then he couldn' t have done much worse if he had taken advice from PASOTI!

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Kentishgreen":1pz71w8h said:
When was the last million pound player we bought then. I must have blinked and missed it and yes I have been bored to tears with the political debate over the last two years - same old same old.

Strange thou it might seem....you don't get many £Million players craving to play in Div 1.

May 8, 2011
oldage":faerqcxm said:
In addition Adams is paid to manage the club to the best of his ability. If the players he signed in the close season are anything to go by,particularly as he allegedly chased them for some time, then he couldn' t have done much worse if he had taken advice from PASOTI!

There were only two players signed in the sumner that Adams has tried to sign before and they are Conor Grant and Ladapo.

It is a great disappointment that both didn’t join last January when Adams tried to get them.