Simon Church (signs - confirmed) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Church (signs - confirmed)

Oct 31, 2015
Nobby":2x3qngtt said:
Biggs":2x3qngtt said:
oldage":2x3qngtt said:
My word ,aren't some of our supporters easily pleased.The guy chose Scunthorpe over us and had all but signed for the Polish side hence we are third choice.I am completely underwhelmed and cannot believe that this is the best Adams could find. We have been looking for a decent striker for most of last season and this season yet we sign another forward incapable of scoring goals.When will he learn!

I could just repeat an earlier post I made, but he's not signed to score goals. We are top of the form table with a rarely-scoring forward in Ryan Taylor, who is the focal point of the attack and makes us play better.

Church is cut from the same cloth (no pun intended) and is a round peg for a round hole.

In fairness to Taylor, he has 1 goal in every 3 games this season which averages out at 16 for the season. Church is averaging roughly 3 goals per calendar year since he left Reading in 2013.

So did Trigger he didnt turn out too bad

Dec 3, 2005
Already sticking the knife into a player before he even plays a game, great support.

You may have your views, but sometimes it might be a good idea to hold onto them and say WELCOME to the player, you know support him.

Just a thought of mine.

vibratingspider":18byoieo said:
Aaron D.":18byoieo said:
vibratingspider":18byoieo said:
Aaron D.":18byoieo said:
A good player with a proven track record. Welcome Simon Church.

Looking at his 8mins of highlights on youtube, it looks like he is a player similar to Taylor, but you'll also see that he gets wide and provides crosses too so they could possibly fit in the same team? But for that to happen Lameiras would be dropped and I can't see that happening at the moment. Maybe if we're chasing a game?? A good option to have for sure.
"Proven track record"? He hasn't scored for 2 years!

Maybe you'd prefer a premiership loanee with little league experience? Or a promising non league player who is yet to prove himself? I know, how about we spend money we havent got on a championship player we cant afford? Or we get a league 2 standard squad filler?

Proven record is lots of experience in the Championship and at full international level. The reason we can afford him is because he needs to start again and prove himself. If he does this for us then we have a championship quality player on our books who provides competition to Taylor for a vital part of our team.
Whilst I love the tone you've adopted, I can't be bothered to argue. We have differing opinions, I'll be supporting him as I will the rest of the team but forgive me for wishing we'd signed a player who has averaged more than 2.5 goals a season over the last 10 years (since 2007 he has scored 25 goals in total).

I adopted such a tone because I'm unsure what you want as a proven record. You're just bashing the player before he has even kicked a football which irks me.

Ryan Taylor has scored 51 goals in 10 years (5 per season). I like Taylor, he brings other players into the game really well and I think having competition will make him play better. Church, although not prolific, hopefully will be able to do the same job. We'll see.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
djg145":wh31hjfk said:
Already sticking the knife into a player before he even plays a game, great support.

You may have your views, but sometimes it might be a good idea to hold onto them and say WELCOME to the player, you know support him.

Just a thought of mine.

This, this, this, this, this.

And what Smiffy posted as well.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Welcome to the club and all the best.

Pleased with this signing as brings a wealth of experience and for the system we play would be a good fit as could play the lone role as well as one of the players wide off Taylor.

Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing, how do we know the Polish move failed, could it be that they came in for him and th deal was poor then he heard our interest and rejected the Polish side for us.

Jul 12, 2016
Pearces greens, you ask what some of us expect? We expect our Manager to sign players who want to play for us, who have RECENTLY played and can preferably score goals.I am fed up with supporters who accept second best because "we are old division 3" .Granted we do not have the financial clout of some others but we can boast better attendances than most yet we only seem to go for waifs and strays,players who are free agents or "have baggage".
As I said earlier I cannot believe that Church was that high on our wanted list

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Tony_Flags":3kdrmmdl said:
Can we save up and buy Nobby a “Church 9” shirt?

As long as you don't let Church print it, he'd probably miss :coat:

Just to reiterate, hope Church is a roaring success while he's here. My statements are merely about his record on paper and I'm aware there is more to football than this. But goals from strikers are nice.

Personally, I had slightly higher expectations given we've probably been looking at strikers since November.

Jul 18, 2011
oldage":1izwpffo said:
Pearces greens, you ask what some of us expect? We expect our Manager to sign players who want to play for us, who have RECENTLY played and can preferably score goals.I am fed up with supporters who accept second best because "we are old division 3" .Granted we do not have the financial clout of some others but we can boast better attendances than most yet we only seem to go for waifs and strays,players who are free agents or "have baggage".
As I said earlier I cannot believe that Church was that high on our wanted list

Pretty much describes Carey when we first signed him.....