So, what’s your favourite other club | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

So, what’s your favourite other club

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
None but I have a soft spot for Morecambe mainly because we stay overnight when we play them and enjoy the area.

Most hated would be Wycombe (obviously) and recently an annoyance of Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday, I wonder why. :)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2v4th4af said:
None but I have a soft spot for Morecambe mainly because we stay overnight when we play them and enjoy the area.

Most hated would be Wycombe (obviously) and recently an annoyance of Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday, I wonder why. :)

Handy that you don't see my posts then.

:greensmile:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Dunfermline Athletic for me.

Saw them win the Scottish Cup and my next door but one neighbour scored two of the three goals.

Also saw them do very well in the ECWC. Seeing them beat Apoel 10-1, Olympiakos 4-0, WBA 1-0 along the way.

When I left they went to rat's poo.

IJN":1swou55f said:

Saw them win the Scottish Cup and my next door but one neighbour scored two of the three goals.

Also saw them do very well in the ECWC. Seeing them beat Apoel 10-1, Olympiakos 4-0, WBA 1-0 along the way.

Did you follow them because of the PARS connection?

mervyn said:
TinTin said:
German Shepherd

So you know Gander Green Lane as well ?

Had a lot of contact with that Club with the lads from my school - Carshalton High School for Boys - up the road !!

Happy days

We could form an ex Carshalton Greens. Born in St Helier Hospital and lived my first four years on the St Helier Estate.

Yep !!

Had many happy years in that area ?

St. Helier was HUGE then !

Now, flung far and wide ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
mervyn":2rfxve07 said:
IJN":2rfxve07 said:

Did you follow them because of the PARS connection?

No, the fact we lived next door (literally) to East End Park might have helped. :greensmile:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Well, as a nipper growing up in Cornwall my dad was not into football. He was based at Culdrose but came from N Ireland. My uncles were all massive Man Utd fans and would get the ferry from Belfast to go to se Utd as much as they could. Huge N Irish support back in the 70s and 80s with many players from there. So I was sent Utd kits, scarves and badges for Christmas and grew up, ostensibly, as an armchair Utd fan. Until I chose Argyle on my first visit to Home Park and decided for myself that my heart was in the Westcountry. Never looked back. But still have a soft spot for Utd. If I didn’t, my uncles would never forgive me. One of them product wears an Argyle shirt in return now though, and checks in our results every weekend!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
PL2 3DQ":b5w6k2sq said:

Because they’re both MASSIVE clubs?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Torquay United, why because my Grandfather was a season ticket holder there and we always went to visit him when TUFC were playing, quite often it was Argyle on saturday, Torquay the next saturday and so on, and on Boxing day it was Torquay in the morning and Argyle in the afternoon.
For some reason i always check Stranraer and Ayr's results.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":gumn6hwa said:
PL2 3DQ":gumn6hwa said:

Because they’re both MASSIVE clubs?

Palace are not a massive club. Seventy years ago we were on a level with Exeter City. We have grown somewhat since then but still remain a small club doing our best to punch above our weight.